UnevenEdge

Fun Facts About You

renjifan

I once was hit by a car riding my bike. I have no recollection of it but apparently my whole body flew over the car and landed on the ground. I broke no bones, just scrapes. My dad would sue them and win $10,000 for me to get when I turned 18. This money would purchase my first car. My dad arranged my annuity payments and car payments. I got $200 a month until i was like 24 lol

• Like 2

My first band that I joined in high school had an original song played on the local rock radio station. The drummer wrote the guitar riffs, but i wrote and recorded the guitar solo, so at the age of like 18 or 19, I had my own original music played on one of the major rock stations around here. I thought that was fucking cool.

Also about that band, my first and only gig with that band was my high school talent show senior year. But my school had about 5,000 students enrolled, so for my first ever gig at  18 / 19 years old, I had a pretty fucking big audience. We played Domination by Pantera. It was funny because for the audition to make the talent show, I was so extremely fucking nervous, and that was just for a few people. For the actual talent show, I wasn't nervous at all. I was even able to stop staring at my fingers while I play and look out into the audience occasionally, I was feeling so good and so confident. To this day I'm staring at my fingers 99% of the time I'm playing guitar.

Since that time, the only other gig I've ever played was last year at the age of 35, a much smaller audience, we were the opening band at a local fest held at someone's back yard. Our musical style was a little different from the other bands, as our band was very Black Sabbath-ish doom / stoner metal, while pretty much all the other bands that played were deathcore or hardcore punk, or the like. Even though our band was different than all the other bands, I got a lot of positive comments after our performance from the other bands and audience members.

• Like 4

I got hit in the head with an entire wall of 8inch 10ft solid core  PVC pipe on my first day of work and my boss compares my injury to the game "whack a mole"

1-500x500.jpg.24096cc7c15e3c2e9545f3f46e4db32e.jpg

Now imagine this ^ standing upright on a shelf going back 6 ft and there's  3 pallets worth falling all at the same time 

Edited by helpme
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first time I rode a bike at five years old, I crashed into a parked car because I was looking at my sister to my left who was trying to go faster than me, and my thumb must have gotten pinched because it ripped off basically the skin on the front of my thumb and the nail was so busted it fell off a few days later.

I didn't touch the bike again for what felt like an eternity at the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, cyberbully said:

I can never finish the last bite of food on my plate....even if I'm still hungry, I simply can't....No idea why...It's like I'm pouring it out for the homies or some shit.

There are some cultures where it is rude to eat the last bite, because leaving your plate empty implies that you weren't fed enough and satisfied with your meal.

Tim Ryan is a family friend.

I feel like ppl might've guessed that I stanned so hard for his campaign bc he was one of my fans or something but it's not that at all.

Ozzy Osbourne's nephew on the other hand is a fan of mine. He hit me up and sent me all these pics of them together as if ozzy being his uncle was supposed to increase his chances w/me somehow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

My first band that I joined in high school had an original song played on the local rock radio station. The drummer wrote the guitar riffs, but i wrote and recorded the guitar solo, so at the age of like 18 or 19, I had my own original music played on one of the major rock stations around here. I thought that was fucking cool.

Also about that band, my first and only gig with that band was my high school talent show senior year. But my school had about 5,000 students enrolled, so for my first ever gig at  18 / 19 years old, I had a pretty fucking big audience. We played Domination by Pantera. It was funny because for the audition to make the talent show, I was so extremely fucking nervous, and that was just for a few people. For the actual talent show, I wasn't nervous at all. I was even able to stop staring at my fingers while I play and look out into the audience occasionally, I was feeling so good and so confident. To this day I'm staring at my fingers 99% of the time I'm playing guitar.

Since that time, the only other gig I've ever played was last year at the age of 35, a much smaller audience, we were the opening band at a local fest held at someone's back yard. Our musical style was a little different from the other bands, as our band was very Black Sabbath-ish doom / stoner metal, while pretty much all the other bands that played were deathcore or hardcore punk, or the like. Even though our band was different than all the other bands, I got a lot of positive comments after our performance from the other bands and audience members.

That’s awesome! 

• Thanks 1

I was offered a slot to do an orchestra tour in Europe, I served on a school board, I'm one of the most overly educated plumbers on the planet. I have more continuing legal education than most lawyers and finally I was the "worst mod ever" on the asmb.

Edited by crackymckrackin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, renjifan said:

Lol! I need to know this full story! 😂

Less than a year after 9/11, my marching band went on a NY trip and we got to play like around the base of the Statue of Liberty because that's as close as you were allowed to get to it. We had to pass through a security checkpoint first and remove our instruments from our cases piece by piece to demonstrate that there weren't bombs in them or whatever. My clarinet was too important to risk any of it being left behind, so my full attention was on it and not the new purse with a big ass dragon statue I got in Chinatown. The purse got left behind without me even noticing it, and fifteen minutes later, a large group of laughing band members rushed to me. In between laughs, they're telling me how the left behind bulky ass purse freaked out security to the point that they were talking about closing off the whole area. Luckily, the other band members knew what was in the bag and quickly spoke up, but I had to be tracked down to confirm the bag's contents. So I run back to the checkpoint where there's twice as much security now. By then, they were pretty sure my bag didn't have a bomb in it because the lady in charge shoved it at me and angrily said, "We were about to call bomb disposal!" I apologized like a dozen times and then ran off because it was fucking embarrassing. The rest of the band laughed about that shit for weeks afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

Less than a year after 9/11, my marching band went on a NY trip and we got to play like around the base of the Statue of Liberty because that's as close as you were allowed to get to it. We had to pass through a security checkpoint first and remove our instruments from our cases piece by piece to demonstrate that there weren't bombs in them or whatever. My clarinet was too important to risk any of it being left behind, so my full attention was on it and not the new purse with a big ass dragon statue I got in Chinatown. The purse got left behind without me even noticing it, and fifteen minutes later, a large group of laughing band members rushed to me. In between laughs, they're telling me how the left behind bulky ass purse freaked out security to the point that they were talking about closing off the whole area. Luckily, the other band members knew what was in the bag and quickly spoke up, but I had to be tracked down to confirm the bag's contents. So I run back to the checkpoint where there's twice as much security now. By then, they were pretty sure my bag didn't have a bomb in it because the lady in charge shoved it at me and angrily said, "We were about to call bomb disposal!" I apologized like a dozen times and then ran off because it was fucking embarrassing. The rest of the band laughed about that shit for weeks afterwards.

LOL

i was a band nerd, too!! Trombone! We went to disney world :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SorceressPol said:

Was it a Buffet clarinet? My wife plays. Those damn things cost a small fortune.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crackymckrackin said:

Was it a Buffet clarinet? My wife plays. Those damn things cost a small fortune.

I have no clue. It doesn't really have markings on it, and I got it used at a place that's literally called Dirt Cheep Music. I loved that clarinet because it was wooden instead of plastic and had a different sound, but I had to give it up completely after my car accident. That honestly felt worse than giving up drawing because that was years of consistent practice flushed down the toilet. I've been slowly getting back into old hobbies, so I will play again.

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

I have no clue. It doesn't really have markings on it, and I got it used at a place that's literally called Dirt Cheap Music. I loved that clarinet because it was wooden instead of plastic and had a different sound, but I had to give it up completely after my car accident. That honestly felt worse than giving up drawing because that was years of consistent practice flushed down the toilet. I've been slowly getting back into old hobbies, so I will play again.

Band was both the best and worst time for me. I sold my trombone at a pawnshop when i graduated and never picked it up again. 🤣

I dream about getting a fancy trombone again and playing again. If i can teach myself calculus one day i might go back to university and play for USC...just never disclose my age and im sure no one can guess it lol i ALWAYS wanted to be in that band. Was obsessed for years.

7 hours ago, crackymckrackin said:

I was offered a slot to do an orchestra tour in Europe, I served on a school board, I'm one of the most overly educated plumbers on the planet. I have more continuing legal education than most lawyers and finally I was the "worst mod ever" on the asmb.

Were you perseus? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was once in a Huffington Post photo feature because I said yes to some rando on Myspace years ago. The photo features me playing my accordion.

I took a selfie with Salman Rushdie. I asked him to do duck face. He would not.

My wedding was a surprise wedding disguised as a going away party. I got married to get housing more easily in grad school. My spouse and I have been married for four years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fuggstop said:

Band was both the best and worst time for me. I sold my trombone at a pawnshop when i graduated and never picked it up again. 🤣

I dream about getting a fancy trombone again and playing again. If i can teach myself calculus one day i might go back to university and play for USC...just never disclose my age and im sure no one can guess it lol i ALWAYS wanted to be in that band. Was obsessed for years.

You don't have to do calculus if you major in music....

You'll have to play more than just the trombone though, I'm sure. At least piano and probably choir too.

When I was in high school one thing I would do is any time a teacher would put on a movie and leave the room I would go over to the computer and just skip to almost near the end and it would end and the teacher would say huh I thought that was longer, well did you guys get what that was about/did you like that video? And people would be smiling and like Yes and then we would just get to have free time usually afterwards if the video was supposed to last the entire class, and no one ever told on me. I remember doing this in Algebra twice my senior year and skipped these boring math vids when this boring strict creepy teacher we all hated left the room just momentarily and most of the kids in there were younger than me who I didn't really know, including like ap freshmen. 

I have what might be a false memory or dream but I think really happened of the teacher getting back and catching me touching the mouse but the vid playing and he was like wtf and I said "oh it stopped I was just hitting play" bc my seat was the closest to the computer and just sat back down and nobody said anything.

10 minutes ago, NaBones said:

When I was in high school one thing I would do is any time a teacher would put on a movie and leave the room I would go over to the computer and just skip to almost near the end and it would end and the teacher would say huh I thought that was longer, well did you guys get what that was about/did you like that video? And people would be smiling and like Yes and then we would just get to have free time usually afterwards if the video was supposed to last the entire class, and no one ever told on me. I remember doing this in Algebra twice my senior year and skipped these boring math vids when this boring strict creepy teacher we all hated left the room just momentarily and most of the kids in there were younger than me who I didn't really know, including like ap freshmen. 

I have what might be a false memory or dream but I think really happened of the teacher getting back and catching me touching the mouse but the vid playing and he was like wtf and I said "oh it stopped I was just hitting play" bc my seat was the closest to the computer and just sat back down and nobody said anything.

Couldn't just go to sleep like a normal jackass....Had to handicap the lives of other children....No wonder to this day you still try to make other people on this forum follow your example of poverty.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, cyberbully said:

Couldn't just go to sleep like a normal jackass....Had to handicap the lives of other children....No wonder to this day you still try to make other people on this forum follow your example of poverty.

Fact: Where I'm from that math video summarizing the lesson concept we already covered isn't making or breaking any futures, for the most part everyone just wanted to talk amongst themselves all the time and chatter about nothing anyway which is why my move was so popular. Not trying to sit in the dark quietly watching a math video ever, sorry.