UnevenEdge

Fun Facts About You

renjifan

4 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

You don't have to do calculus if you major in music....

You'll have to play more than just the trombone though, I'm sure. At least piano and probably choir too.

This university wont accept you as a transfer if u don't have a calculus class...i tried.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Less than a year after 9/11, my marching band went on a NY trip and we got to play like around the base of the Statue of Liberty because that's as close as you were allowed to get to it. We had to pass through a security checkpoint first and remove our instruments from our cases piece by piece to demonstrate that there weren't bombs in them or whatever. My clarinet was too important to risk any of it being left behind, so my full attention was on it and not the new purse with a big ass dragon statue I got in Chinatown. The purse got left behind without me even noticing it, and fifteen minutes later, a large group of laughing band members rushed to me. In between laughs, they're telling me how the left behind bulky ass purse freaked out security to the point that they were talking about closing off the whole area. Luckily, the other band members knew what was in the bag and quickly spoke up, but I had to be tracked down to confirm the bag's contents. So I run back to the checkpoint where there's twice as much security now. By then, they were pretty sure my bag didn't have a bomb in it because the lady in charge shoved it at me and angrily said, "We were about to call bomb disposal!" I apologized like a dozen times and then ran off because it was fucking embarrassing. The rest of the band laughed about that shit for weeks afterwards.

I played the clarinet, too! But only for one year. I reallwanted to play the saxophone, but they wouldn't let me. They said they needed more clarinets, so had me play that instead. And since they forced me to play it instead of letting me play what I wanted to play, and because I'm a petty ass bitch, I NEVER practiced. I would make up practice times and have my dad sign off on it because he didn't ask questions like my mom did. I was second to last chair and quit after that school year 😂

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I don’t know if it’s necessarily a fun fact but... I used to be a very active LARPer.. back when I lived in New York

I was part of the Kingdom Staniouslous, which happened to be governed by the kingdom of Narnia...Which also fun fact,  when they were making those movies a bunch of us kingdoms got together and we were filmed as a means to use as an example of battle.  They didn’t pay us but they gave us a certificate and invited us all to a premiere.... I was in college at the time and it was during finals week so I didn’t get to go to the premiere 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

16 hours ago, NaBones said:

My first six jobs were like, temporary this, part time that, seasonal something else.

Nobody wanted to hire me full time until I got a job at A to Z Maintenance Corporation.  Finally, an income I could count on.

Edited by 1938 Packard
  • D'oh 1

On 10/11/2019 at 4:29 AM, fuggstop said:

I once was hit by a car riding my bike.

Me too.  It was my fault though.  Broke my collar bone and needed 6 stitches in my head.  When the medical guys came it was like the decked-out fire dept. pickup that Mantooth and Tighe drove in Emergency!.  They made me climb up into the cab by myself, which was kinda hard with a bad wing, and stuck me in the middle (no seat belt).  Then they told me I'd need to be in a body cast for six weeks.  I said that didn't sound right and they just laughed at me.  I hope they had fun scrubbing the blood out of their upholstery.

I was in the ER for about 12 hours and all they did was stitch up my head, take a couple of x-rays, give me a shoulder brace, and write a scrip for painkillers.  The nurse got annoyed when I asked if I could get a sling, but it turned out that was because she didn't know how to put it on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

Me too.  It was my fault though.  Broke my collar bone and needed 6 stitches in my head.  When the medical guys came it was like the decked-out fire dept. pickup that Mantooth and Tighe drove in Emergency!.  They made me climb up into the cab by myself, which was kinda hard with a bad wing, and stuck me in the middle (no seat belt).  Then they told me I'd need to be in a body cast for six weeks.  I said that didn't sound right and they just laughed at me.  I hope they had fun scrubbing the blood out of their upholstery.

I was in the ER for about 12 hours and all they did was stitch up my head, take a couple of x-rays, give me a shoulder brace, and write a scrip for painkillers.  The nurse got annoyed when I asked if I could get a sling, but it turned out that was because she didn't know how to put it on.

Wow...they treated you like shit omg

I had a real ambulance pick me up. I was unconscious when they picked me up off the ground and put me in a stretcher with a neck brace (very uncomfortable). I woke up when they were cutting my favorite shirt open (i was pissed cuz my dad didnt buy us a lot of clothes).

They went with sirens to the hospital. Even tho i had minor injuries, they would keep me in a hospital bed for a week or two? Cant remember. But i couldn't leave the bed and i had to use a bed stool which i hated. A nurse would come and talk to me and cry over me  and pray over me because she believed i was touched by an angel...a miracle of God...to be hit so badly and not break one bone.

My classmates, who bulied me, all made tepid handmade get well cards for me my dad bought me. It wasnt welcomed lol. I was a little celebrity when i got back to school lol. Really no one could believe i wasnt more badly hurt. A long ass hospital stay for scratches! And they wanted to give me plastic surgery for my scars! But dad said no.

They always treat me like shit.  When I broke my leg backpacking, it was a Sunday when I finally got home and called my doctor.  They said, well, it's been 5 days already, you might as well just go in tomorrow.  When I did, they rolled their eyes and acted like I was being a drama queen for saying it was broken, until they saw the x-rays, and then were all, "Don't stand on it!"  I was like, "you didn't have a problem with me walking across the room on my own a few minutes ago."

On 10/13/2019 at 11:50 PM, Gina Szanboti said:

They always treat me like shit.  When I broke my leg backpacking, it was a Sunday when I finally got home and called my doctor.  They said, well, it's been 5 days already, you might as well just go in tomorrow.  When I did, they rolled their eyes and acted like I was being a drama queen for saying it was broken, until they saw the x-rays, and then were all, "Don't stand on it!"  I was like, "you didn't have a problem with me walking across the room on my own a few minutes ago."

Woowww

But u sound like a tough cookie!

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I need to hear this story.

I was maybe 12 or so and I was fairly decent according to the teacher I had prior. He was too expensive so we went to another teacher. She started cursing at me, threatening to throw the violin at me if I didn't get better and making other threats

• Sad 2

On 10/16/2019 at 7:55 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Almost all bugs (and arachnids and whatever the fuck else that are similar) freak me out. Flies and ants are probably the only ones that don't.

Agreed! I consider myself pretty low maintenance, but yeah...I can’t do bugs.

• Like 1

Some random surfing led me to listen to Crosby Stills & Nash's Wooden Ships, which triggered an old memory.

Back when I was traveling around the country living in my car, I was camping at some semi-swampland campground in MS or LA, can't remember where it was.  It mainly consisted of a half dozen picnic tables among some grass that hadn't been mowed for at least a couple months.  Surprisingly few mosquitoes though, despite it being near sunset.

Anyway, there was only one other person camping there, so we struck up a conversation.  He brought out his guitar, so I brought out mine, though I knew his level was waaay far out of my league.  And he started playing Wooden Ships.  And I just sang along with him, like we'd rehearsed it a dozen times, naturally alternating the two characters' voices, effortlessly blending the harmonies.  I didn't try to contribute any guitar, but I did add some of the S.O.S. tones during his solos. :D  It was magical.  We jammed until after dark when the mozzies finally did come out to dine.

I don't know how good my singing was, but for his part, he was really delighted to find someone who knew all the lyrics.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, crackymckrackin said:

I was offered a slot to do an orchestra tour in Europe, I served on a school board, I'm one of the most overly educated plumbers on the planet. I have more continuing legal education than most lawyers and finally I was the "worst mod ever" on the asmb.

You were Bast?

12 minutes ago, ITasteLikeSex said:

You were Bast?

I thought Bast was cool.

My old apartment building burned down a few months after we moved out. Luckily, there weren't any injuries because I was pretty much the only one in that building during the daytime and everyone else was at work. The other arson fires in that same complex was part of the reason we hurried up and moved out.

13 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I was raised in a biker gang, but do not own a motorcycle. Also was shot and walked it off for years until my hernias got too bad. Also got stabbed in the shoulder and leg on separate occasions.  

giphy.gif

I didn't know our screen names were supposed to be self descriptive....

• Like 1