UnevenEdge

Platonic friendship with the opposite sex while you're in a relationship

Death_is_coming

I have a platonic female friend at work. Obviously I'm not married but she is, so you can think of the premise from her perspective.

She may be more of an acquaintance though, since we never hang out outside of work. But she's married and has at least two kids at home. When the hell would she even have the time to hang out outside of work anyway? 

1 minute ago, fuggstop said:

How do you feel about this?

Dunno. He has barely spoken with me so I didn't even hear this from him. And there's a precedent between him and my girlfriend long before we started dating. He's definitely not being weird or invasive about it so its whatever I guess. 

• Like 1

My grandmother was convinced you can't have platonic friends of the opposite sex unless it's like two couples that are friends. Then one time this conversation happened, my aunt named several boys from my grandmother's high school social group that she evidently mentally blacklisted once she married at 19.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

My grandmother was convinced you can't have platonic friends of the opposite sex unless it's like two couples that are friends. Then one time this conversation happened, my aunt named several boys from my grandmother's high school social group that she evidently mentally blacklisted once she married at 19.

riight

i have a friend who isnt attracted to me at all that i call regulary. i just dont see myself calling him once every other week or so when i have a husband sitting right there *shrug* why would i need to?

• D'oh 1

10 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

riight

i have a friend who isnt attracted to me at all that i call regulary. i just dont see myself calling him once every other week or so when i have a husband sitting right there *shrug* why would i need to?

Because you value their point of view and company? And even though you may want to see them less you might still want to see them sometimes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gina Szanboti said:

But then it won't be platonic anymore...  o.O 

......Not sure if you're trolling or really didn't understand that I was saying "to hell with a platonic friend"....Not have sex with them.

I'll change it...To hell with a platonic friend, you need a second boyfriend to blah blah blah.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fuggstop said:

riight

image.thumb.png.868ac9ed31a28666d8a02cc8ac270795.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/30/2019 at 3:14 PM, Gina Szanboti said:

Can't tell if you have no sense of humor or you think I don't.  Probably the latter. 

Or maybe puns are beneath you?  What can I say, I'm just part of the ignorant masses.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

It's just that your humor might be a bit too next level for the rest of us.  

You know, I've wondered if that's a normal social dynamic; with the females of the species being the main coordinators of relationships.

Dr. Girlfriend knows most of the neighbors by name and the most I've ever really interacted with them has been nodding if I see them on the sidewalk.

Most of the females in our group have males, and I usually hang out with them when the females bring them to a group activity.

I wonder if they all have their own individual groups of friends too.