UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

20 minutes ago, little_girl_lost said:

America is doomed

Only 14% of registered Republicans voted in those caucuses.  But the boomers have fucked this country beyond repair and want to make sure it stays fucked.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Trump vs Biden again, with Democrats saying democracy is at stake and making empty promises . . . again.

When Trump is saying he plans to stay for life, be a dictator, and all the other stuff, it feels urgent.  Whatever happened to subtlety?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

When Trump is saying he plans to stay for life, be a dictator, and all the other stuff, it feels urgent.  Whatever happened to subtlety?

The target voting base is getting old and hard of hearing (and senile... at best). So you kinda gotta shout out loud to be heard.

18 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

65% of republicans in Iowan believe that Biden did not legitimately win the election. Idk where they did the poll, or how many people were asked but that’s a little crazy

There must be a correlation between this and mom-always-told-me-I-didn't-have-enough-sense-to-come-in-out-of-the-rain.

• Like 2

What was society like before the fall of Rome?

Life in Rome just before the fall of the Western Roman Empire was characterized by a combination of political instability, economic decline, and social upheaval. The empire faced external threats from invading barbarian tribes, as well as internal challenges such as corruption, inflation, and a shrinking tax base.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, discolé monade said:

What was society like before the fall of Rome?

Life in Rome just before the fall of the Western Roman Empire was characterized by a combination of political instability, economic decline, and social upheaval. The empire faced external threats from invading barbarian tribes, as well as internal challenges such as corruption, inflation, and a shrinking tax base.

Migrants at the boarder are "invading barbarian tribes."

Finally, somebody said it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

'joe biden's son has nothing to do with any of this."  ??

Its funny about how much Republicans are demanding "WHAT ABOUT HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP" and Democrats are just like "Who cares what Hunter Biden does? Someone give these idiots Hunter's laptop so they can yell about something else."

• Like 3

Logically, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's awfulness leads the Democrats to control the White House, House and Senate next year when they otherwise would lose the Senate. 

But the consequences of Trump winning are so bad that I'm concerned even when logic tells me it's unlikely to happen. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Logically, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's awfulness leads the Democrats to control the White House, House and Senate next year when they otherwise would lose the Senate. 

But the consequences of Trump winning are so bad that I'm concerned even when logic tells me it's unlikely to happen. 

Logic told us it wouldn't happen in 2016 too, but still, there we were...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Logic told us it wouldn't happen in 2016 too, but still, there we were...

Hillary was a historically unpopular candidate and Biden has one advantage over Hillary.

A penis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Trump is going to be the GOP nominee. I had a little bit of expectation early on they would move on from him, but no. They are not done losing general elections. 

Trump has a sizable base but only enough to swing a GOP primary.

We just need to see if Biden can build up enthusiasm. The main thing that will kill him is low voter turnout

• Like 3

Donald Trump won the primary, which I think basically cements that he's the guy unless something happens in the courts before the primary ends. But I'm pretty sure this is a major underperformance compared to expectations, which isn't exactly a great sign for him. Even if Haley's numbers were inflated by independent voters, that would still imply that he's still toxic to independent voters.

Biden also won the (unofficial) primary as a write-in candidate, Murkowski style. As of right now, Dean Phillips got beat by  *checks notes* "unprocessed write-ins" and Marianne Williamson didn't even win enough to make it out of the "other candidates" tab.

But also note that turn out on either side was extremely small, which kind of says a lot in its own right.

image.png

• Like 2

A surprising story of the last week is how bad Sen. Tim Scott has kissed Trump's butt. 

Scott was once thought to be a rising star for Republicans. But then again, once upon a time, Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy and Ron DeSantis were thought about that way too. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Hes fine guys. Totally not exhibiting signs of dementia.

See my post regarding this topic:  nothing in that clip can be construed as a telltale behavior of someone with dementia.  The repeated insistence by many people to diagnose the president without any actual evidence is both absurd on its face and detrimental to those who are exhibiting early signs of the condition.

• Thanks 2