UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

lol republicans want to throw Biden off the ballot in red states like they just don’t fuckin get it. Things aren’t being done to Trump just because people feel like fuckin with him. He actually has been charged with crimes. Biden hasn’t been charged w anything and if he was charged with some made up nonsense it wouldn’t be at the level of Trump’s charges. He’s being accused of attempting to defraud the US and to overthrow an election.  Jfc Conservative republicans are pathetic 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4369472-texas-dan-patrick-biden-ballot-border/amp/

• Like 3

Theres really only one of two ways that this ends.

Either SCOTUS overrules this decision, or Red and Blue sates rush to find any excuse they have to pull the other parties nominee off the ballot.

The safe money is on SCOTUS overruling this decision. Trumps never actually been convicted of anything even remotely close to an Insurrection, so SCOTUS can easily say that CO got it wrong because Trump hasnt been tried and convicted of an Insurrection. Thats a pretty easy ruling that they can make without even touching the bigger question surrounding the 14th amendment.

First of all, unless Thomas especially recuses his ass, taking up this crybaby crap from Dumpy could and honestly should turn up all the heat on Thomas's wife's activity leading up to Jan6th. This is something he is desperate to keep from happening and so far, she's been skating along in the background by being quiet for once in her miserable life.

Secondly, when they decided that Roe v Wade hurt the fee-fees of their biggest donors and overturned it, it was framed that now the -states- would have the right to determine what is best for the state. You can't claim that the state's abiding interests are absolutely 100% the thing when it comes to individual health decisions [ especially when those decisions are now actively harming the citizens in the worst states ] but has no value whatsoever when it comes to keeping a single proudly declared future dictator from being on a ballot. 

The only reason he hasn't been outright hauled in front of a firing squad for insurrection is that the charge itself is deliberately anal retentive in proving. It's that big of a thing that no one would want to get it wrong either way because it includes financial penalties, prison time, and the loss of being able to hold any office. But he HAS been indicted for multiple crimes relating to the 2020 election, he's currently going to be in multiple courts until at least the actual 2024 election, all his useful idiots are either looking at prison time themselves or have declared bankruptcy [ looking at you, Guiliani ], and he's actively quoting Hitler. None of those things make him fit for office. 

• Like 2

Maine's top election official has ruled that Donald Trump cannot run for president next year in the state, citing a constitutional insurrection clause.

Secretary of State Shenna Bellows said Mr Trump was not eligible because of his actions leading up to the US Capitol riot in 2021.

Maine now joins Colorado as the two states to ban Mr Trump from the ballot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67837639

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Insipid said:

Prager U ironically has a video about slavery being the cause of the Civil War. Probably their most sensible video, really.

Without even watching that [ I hate that videos don't tell you how long they are until you click them when they get linked, I tend to want to finish what I start even if its stupid as hell but sometimes... ], I can guess that it's all about how the brave White Man totally defeated slavery all on their very own and no one else is better at not-slavery than the brave White Man who totally didn't live on the backs of slaves for a really long time first. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Without even watching that [ I hate that videos don't tell you how long they are until you click them when they get linked, I tend to want to finish what I start even if its stupid as hell but sometimes... ], I can guess that it's all about how the brave White Man totally defeated slavery all on their very own and no one else is better at not-slavery than the brave White Man who totally didn't live on the backs of slaves for a really long time first. 

That's an awful lot of incorrect assumptions. As I said, it's a very sensible video on the topic.

"Think of it, magnets," Trump said. "Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that's the end of the magnets. Why didn't they use John Deere? Why didn't they bring in the John Deere people? Do you like John Deere? I like John Deere."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

"Think of it, magnets," Trump said. "Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that's the end of the magnets. Why didn't they use John Deere? Why didn't they bring in the John Deere people? Do you like John Deere? I like John Deere."

If I google that word salad, it's going to be a real quote, isn't it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

...level with me here, the girl from South Carolina that was talking about sending "maps to the Iraq" two decades ago is old enough to run for Senate now, right?

• Haha 3

On 1/7/2024 at 4:20 PM, matrixman124 said:

fuckin-magnets-how-do-they-work-me-irl-2

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Cutting through the performative suspense, Biden is going to be reelected because the Republican hasn't been able to win the popular vote in 20 years and Trump will probably be in a criminal trial this year. 

Edited by Icarus27k

It can be disheartening sometime, but it's also unfair to expect Democrats to be enthused about Biden.  He's never represented the ideals of most liberals because he was never supposed to.  The whole point was to have a president that's at least friendly enough to the cause to allow liberals within the House caucus to fashion sensible legislation either as the majority or with the majority and negotiate with the Senate to get it through.  That's never been more apparent as we watch the House majority implode because of hard right legislators who are completely immune to logic and persistent in their refusal to accept anything less than strict adherence to their ideological goals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It can be disheartening sometime, but it's also unfair to expect Democrats to be enthused about Biden.  He's never represented the ideals of most liberals because he was never supposed to.  The whole point was to have a president that's at least friendly enough to the cause to allow liberals within the House caucus to fashion sensible legislation either as the majority or with the majority and negotiate with the Senate to get it through.  That's never been more apparent as we watch the House majority implode because of hard right legislators who are completely immune to logic and persistent in their refusal to accept anything less than strict adherence to their ideological goals.

Voter turnout's gonna be a record low this year.

Say I don't have to pay what's left of my college loans just to go "LOL j/k fuck you"? Guess I don't have to show up to the polls asshole.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Say I don't have to pay what's left of my college loans just to go "LOL j/k fuck you"? Guess I don't have to show up to the polls asshole.

Yeah - I don't get that logic, either.  But, I feel pretty confident that enough people are aware of just what Trump will do that there isn't any reasonable deniability cover.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ended his 2024 presidential campaign on Wednesday, having drawn much attention as the Republican primary's main Donald Trump critic but failing to gain widespread traction in the polls.

"I would rather lose by telling the truth than lie in order to win," he said during a town hall event where he announced he was suspending his bid, which he called "the right thing for me to do."

"Because I want to promise you this: I am going to make sure that in no way do I enable Donald Trump to ever be president of the United States again -- and that's more important than my own personal ambition," he said. "So we have to decide now, we have to decide in the next 10 months who we want to be as a country."

Christie's exit is a notable twist in the closing days of campaigning before voting begins in the Republican primary starting with Iowa on Monday.

Ahead of his announcement at the town hall, the former governor was heard on a microphone -- apparently without realizing it -- that rival Nikki Haley was "gonna get smoked." Christie also said that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, another 2024 candidate, had called him and was "petrified."

"We couldn't have been any clearer. We couldn't have been any more -- any more direct or worked any harder," Christie was heard saying before his speech.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chris-christie-expected-end-2024-presidential-campaign-sources/story?id=105852479

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

If you dont get the joke, Christie officially dropped out of the race this afternoon.

Farewell Chris. You were somehow the wrong kind of crazy multiple times, in multiple ways.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

lol Trump says he has a running mate but refuses to name them.  I wonder if it’s someone really crazy

At this point I feel like he either goes full crazy with MTG or full sycophant with Stefanik, no real in-between.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

lol Trump says he has a running mate but refuses to name them.  I wonder if it’s someone really crazy

"He makes me my pillows. They're the greatest pillows. And all for me, all mine, my pillows, not yours, oh no, believe me, you don't want to touch my pillows or that'll be a crime, we'll have you hung, isn't that great? Absolutely incredible. Wow."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Haha! This is a good ad, and a preview of whats coming. Biden is too old and dementia addled to be POTUS, and it constantly shows. The majority of Americans think hes too old for the job, and thats going to be a huge attack avenue for whoever the GOP nominee is. Biden is going to do all he can to duck any debate knowing it reinforce peoples belief that hes just too old for the job. Itll be any and every excuse in the book to avoid being on a stage without a teleprompter or handlers.

Just now, Master-Debater131 said:

Haha! This is a good ad, and a preview of whats coming. Biden is too old and dementia addled to be POTUS, and it constantly shows. The majority of Americans think hes too old for the job, and thats going to be a huge attack avenue for whoever the GOP nominee is. Biden is going to do all he can to duck any debate knowing it reinforce peoples belief that hes just too old for the job. Itll be any and every excuse in the book to avoid being on a stage without a teleprompter or handlers.

Trump isnt that much younger than him and has also had bizarre behavior. Either way it'll be true regardless of which of the two wins

1 minute ago, matrixman124 said:

Trump isnt that much younger than him and has also had bizarre behavior. Either way it'll be true regardless of which of the two wins

While true, there is a very clear difference between the two. Trump, for all his insanity, clearly has more energy and is more engaging. Biden cant find his way off stage without help anymore. I dont think either are fit for office, for a whole degree of reasons. But when it comes to the general election, Trump will have the appearance of being a younger and more energetic candidate than Biden will.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

While true, there is a very clear difference between the two. Trump, for all his insanity, clearly has more energy and is more engaging. Biden cant find his way off stage without help anymore. I dont think either are fit for office, for a whole degree of reasons. But when it comes to the general election, Trump will have the appearance of being a younger and more energetic candidate than Biden will.

The only time Drumpf has 'energy' is when he's literally bitching about all his many personal enemies who are totally just out to get him and how nothing is his fault. He appeals to those nimrods that just want to watch the world burn and are happy to be fed a trough of steaming bullshit that claims nothing is their fault either, blame them 'Others' for the hole you dug, bad behavior is perfectly acceptable. Biden might need help getting off the stage due to needing frickin' glasses. Drumpf can't walk down a gentle ramp without needing Marines to keep him from tipping over and needs two hands to hold a single glass of water up to drink. 

There's a reason he has refused to be a part of any of the debates - he can't debate. He can only cry grievances and toss insults and even that is getting more and more time-based. His 'counter-programming' that gets run against the debates tends to be pre-recorded whenever possible in case he sundowns on camera. Case in point - magnets don't work underwater, let's get the John Deere people on this, wind turbines hurt whales. :| 

Bonus trivia, Princess Tinyhands will be the same age this year that Biden was when elected President meaning that everyone who was crying about Biden being too old in 2020 can't pretend it's suddenly not that big a deal when their prized dickhead is running at the same age. 

One has to wonder at the mental capacity of those that think a] Dictator for a day totally means only a single day and 2] anyone that goes on record that they want to rip up the Constitution for hurting their cofee-fees is still going to be all fine with that precious 2A shit. Guess what, no Constitution, no 2A. And there isn't a single dictator that is fine with it's servant class having access to the same weapons used to stage the coup that got them into power. :| 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

One has to wonder at the mental capacity of those that think a] Dictator for a day totally means only a single day and 2] anyone that goes on record that they want to rip up the Constitution for hurting their cofee-fees is still going to be all fine with that precious 2A shit. Guess what, no Constitution, no 2A. And there isn't a single dictator that is fine with it's servant class having access to the same weapons used to stage the coup that got them into power. :| 

I saw a meme one that showed a Blue Lives Matter bumper sticker next to a Don't Tread On Me one and they made the point "My Brother in Christ, who do you think they'll send to take the guns from you?"

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Are you on crack?

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2024 at 3:16 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

I feel like the judicial branch of government had something to do with the student loan forgiveness program being overturned. 

And further, that Democrats would pass loan forgiveness as an act of Congress if they controlled both the House and Senate. 

• Like 1

I would just like to point out that Joe Biden has not exhibited any of the physical or mental traits of someone with dementia.  While Trump has confused cities before, that isn’t indicative of cognitive impairment just as reading from a teleprompter isn’t.  It’s not even a sign of feebleness.  What is a sign of dementia is an obvious lack of impulse control.  In fact, people with Alzheimer’s often appear to be energetic in moments where they’re confused or emotionally unstable.  Trump is clearly suffering from some form of dementia, even if his core personality is odious to begin with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3