UnevenEdge

Who actually waits for their oven to preheat?

fuggstop

Me, but I have an oven that's pretty contemporary, and pretty digital. I bought it new from a place that was probably overpriced at the time.. My mom keeps giving me shit about not keeping it clean enough..

Anyway, I mean that's what recipes, and instructions are for.. achieving the same result everytime much like a scientific expiriment.. If you have nothing better to do than watch some shit cook maybe you don't need instructions, but most people these days don't like to babysit their meal the whole time they're cooking so that's what the whole pre-heating thing is about. 

:|

It definitely matters if you're actually making a dish with uncooked ingredients.

If I'm just heating up a frozen pizza, I just eyeball it anyway, so I guess it wouldn't matter. I still do, though. Because fuck biting into something that's hot on the outside and cold on the inside. 

Not preheating the oven before sticking raw or frozen uncooked food is potentially dangerous. It leaves your food in the temperature danger zone too long and could compromise the health of your mother and child. The young and the elderly are more susceptible to food born illnesses when not cooked properly and could result in illness and/or death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

Im not impatient at all. Like i work hard on being patient because it keeps me from getting upset.

But you aint' even gotta do anything. 

Gamestop Boy is gonna do it.

You are gonna just gonna lie there and DO NOTHING. 

10 minutes ago, Still Me said:

Not preheating the oven before sticking raw or frozen uncooked food is potentially dangerous. It leaves your food in the temperature danger zone too long and could compromise the health of your mother and child. The young and the elderly are more susceptible to food born illnesses when not cooked properly and could result in illness and/or death.

I dont think this is true because i didnt preheat for almost ten years and everyone is fine

• D'oh 3

3 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

Also how do you time shit if you don't wait for the oven to preheat. 

What caused me to start using the preheat function was i had this huge wing and bit into it and it was icecold in the middle. Maybe about two months ago. 

• D'oh 3

I've done that before..but never when I was preparing meals for others.. Kind of like Still Me I've had plenty of training along the years to know better.. I'm just a mangy animal and I don't mind taking my chances if it's just me.. xD

Also I try not to.. but most of the time I I have to taste test my shit before I want to offer it to anybody else so I've gotten used to scooping up smoldering bits of food straight from my pans/skillets.. often with regrets even if I find it's not done.. Cross contamination possibilities then make me blast the utensils, and shit of course if I find it's not done. 

What I'm getting at is I've been so hungry, and had hungry guests I've had to be like.. "no definitely not fucking done..Meanwhile I'm like I hope I don't get salmonella now or something.. :|

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Just now, Naraku4656 said:

That's... Not a function. The oven doesn't just automatically start at 425. Bake or broil are a function

Did i say it starts at 425. Please be an idiot in another thread. Im not in the mood

Can someone else explain this shit to narakunumber who wants to be a dumbshit tonite?

• D'oh 2

5 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

Did i say it starts at 425. Please be an idiot in another thread. Im not in the mood

Can someone else explain this shit to narakunumber who wants to be a dumbshit tonite?

You just said preheat is a function of your oven. Preheat isn't a function that you can "start" using. It's a prerequisite in order to get to the temperature you've set.

With posts like this; it's no wonder no one takes you seriously

• Like 5
  • D'oh 1

18 hours ago, fuggstop said:

20190413_221646.thumb.jpg.a37da81888cfa1deb7c17372a9e95bb3.jpgThat isn't a The preheat function. Its lit while it preheats and beeps when its done. Quit living in the stone age lol

That isn't a function dullard. It is just an indicator light that is on to show the operator that the oven has not yet reached the desired temp.

17 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

This.

17 hours ago, fuggstop said:

More whitesplaining lol great

Shut up racist.

10 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Some guy named Tom.  Tom waits.

I do, how did you know that.... :ph34r:

• D'oh 2

3 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

That isn't a function dullard. It is just an indicator light that is on to show the operator that the oven has not yet reached the desired temp.

This.

Shut up racist.

I do, how did you know that.... :ph34r:

Because the piano has been drinking, not you.

22 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

You just said preheat is a function of your oven. Preheat isn't a function that you can "start" using. It's a prerequisite in order to get to the temperature you've set.

As someone who spent 7 years doing appliance repair, I can say that this statement is correct.

• Thanks 3