UnevenEdge

J. Michael - Thoughts & Condolences

• 3 weeks later...

I do remember his wall of texts. Didn't he have a crashed dump truck in his avatar? Or, maybe that's another mod I'm thinking of.

Even though I never interacted with him much, I do send my condolences!  <3

He was an interesting character from what I observed on ASMB and it's unfortunate, but not surprising, the strained relationship he had with his family.

A lot of people who spend time online seem to have that issue with their families.

I'm glad he's at rest along with Moped Dude (I can't remember his complete correct nick) and others from ASMB that have passed on.  <3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So for those of you who might find it significant, my church has a thing for All Saints Day where you can buy white roses in memory of people who are no longer with us. Along with one for each set of my grandparents, I got one for Luuv and GeckoZero. It was just a little memorial but it was a nice way to remember missed friends.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

OMFG I think I'm crying. Luuv was the main reason I became a swimhelper at the old [asmb], which I know isn't a lot to some people but it helped me restore some faith that if i wanted something and worked for it there was a chance. Growing up from 11 or 12 years old watching [as] then at least covering forum folders on the official website of [as] for some of my favorite shows ever on the line up(including Home Movies and Trigun) although it was a small contribution it was a great experience for me. I needed it at that point in my life more than I even think I knew. I can honestly say it changed my life for the better, and I can thank Luuv for that... he gave me a reason to get up and try even though at that point I was the lowest I had been in my life. He always treated me with respect, and kindness. I wasn't super close with him, but we were friendly and goofy when we would talk and the respect I had for him for his love for [as] and more so the [asmb] community... the fans... well it's lasting. So since I never thought to tell him this and say thank you proper this is my attempt. Thank you Luuv for everything and P.S badass real name bud, it's a mash up of two of my favorite MST3K characters Crow and Mike J Nelson lol...

hope this place is still being used, and I feel bad for not checking in since July or early August... I know that if it is still active although it may not matter to most I will try to stop in more and contribute in light of Luuv.

Also yes, I did cry a bit once or twice. I am definitely sad... sad enough it's only 5 in the morning and getting drunk doesn't sound too bad atm... I definitely feel a loss.

• Like 7

• 7 months later...

I’ve said before I didn’t always agree with him, but he was fun to talk with.  And he was an honest man, a good man, something rather rare on these here inter webs.  And that counts for a surprising amount in this crazy internet.

Do you have an obituary or know where his grave is? I am going to the Midwest this winter for an event and I figured I might visit it. I remember how unceremonious his death seemed, and the least I feel I can do is leave flowers on his grave for providing a place to expel my mental diarrhea.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

Do you have an obituary or know where his grave is? I am going to the Midwest this winter for an event and I figured I might visit it. I remember how unceremonious his death seemed, and the least I feel I can do is leave flowers on his grave for providing a place to expel my mental diarrhea.

He was cremated and, to my knowledge, his sister didn't do an obituary. 

I hope he gets treated better post life than Joey Manley did...

The media didn't even know Joey died for like 4-7 MONTHS! When I commented on it or SOMEONE did. But I'll try to keep it about Luuv. Joey is another story. Like Chris and Panda, Good and evil

My name is Joey too. R.I.P. Joey! lol

Man, is NO ONE online from the early days getting recognized in LIFE. We gotta start a living will system. Not enough of us have that luxury.

OH. Good editing. I get it! Don't double post! Okay I'll try not to.

That's what happened to everyone who used to post here: They're running websites, studios, or dead, or a combination. Creepy but not.

Edited by J.M. Matthews

It's been a long time since I've come around here but I think about it a lot. I never had much direct interaction with the mods but that's because I stayed low and out of trouble, but I remember seeing his name all the time. I'm really glad he created this place for keeping us from getting scattered with nothing to connect us. 

Edited by mookielady
  • Like 6

Jesus, has it really been a year already? I never interacted with Luuv outside of a few discipline issues, but I'm eternally grateful for all the effort he put in on the original boards, the garbage fire that was the revamped ones, and this unofficial replacement. Thanks for everything, my dude.

• Like 5

He was always active here and there trying to keep folders alive, it wasnt often but when I interacted with him on the boards it was nice. He really took alot of crap from some of you guys when  you dint agree with him cant belive he took it and kept coming back, he was indeed good people. Miss him RiP

I'm not sure he ever really knew who I was.  I've never really been one to stand out, so that was always fine with me.  Still, I always felt kind of kindred spirit with him.  I would be the kind of person to explore with my prose, likely making the long-winded, complicated posts that made Luuv so unique.  The truth is that he always felt like a reflection of me, since I knew so little about him and where he was from but I felt like I could relate to him just though what I saw in his posts.  When he messaged me about the UEMB, I knew it was just one of many messages he sent to lots of people; nothing personal or anything.  It still felt special getting that invite.

• Like 2

Didn't really know him aside from a few posts. The only time he replied to me, he said I had "a weird taste in women." This was back on the old boards that have long since died.

I also remember people giving him a LOT of shit, but he never took it personally. That's an admirable trait in an individual, online or in real life. Unlike the Adult Swim boards though, he made a community that I come back to more often than when Adult Swim had its own message boards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gyaos said:

Didn't really know him aside from a few posts. The only time he replied to me, he said I had "a weird taste in women." This was back on the old boards that have long since died.

I also remember people giving him a LOT of shit, but he never took it personally. That's an admirable trait in an individual, online or in real life. Unlike the Adult Swim boards though, he made a community that I come back to more often than when Adult Swim had its own message boards.

Do you remember what it was that prompted his comment on your taste in women?

10 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Do you remember what it was that prompted his comment on your taste in women?

Back in the day I had a taste for very ripped women, so I think that was my answer. This was about four years ago, I believe.

Edited by Gyaos
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...