1. 1. What Folder Camp were you?

• Williams Street Culture/.Com
    • Comedy
    • Action
    • Other Anime
    • Babbler
    • IBer
    • Ranter

I'll start: when I joined in 04, I first landed in Babbling but tagged along with @InsaneFox, @zoid9000, and @Strawberry_Gashes among others and quickly became an IBer with a UBF pedigree. Somewhere around 08, I gravitated towards Babbling and became more of a 'current events' poster but I don't think I ever really shook the IB identity.

Edit: i fixed the poll so you can select multiple options

Edited by Raptorpat
  • Thanks 1

Apart from current events being discussed, it really seemed that most babbling threads weren't that different from IB threads until like 2006. That was around the time I migrated to IB too, although I frequently ventured into babbling.

All those teenagers getting banned calling the babblers or IBers gay, lawl.

Let’s see… I started in 2003 but I lurked for a while until 2004.  Started in Action Discussion (because I loved Cowboy Bebop) and eventually camped in Babbling.  I’d go to IB too tho - Fox had some fun threads and the IBers were a fun bunch and active like at all hours haha.  Later I posted more on Other Anime (mostly the music thread).  

Met a bunch of people who I still talk to today ❤️

• Like 1

I made probably a couple of hundred posts in various places about how I think Legato Bluesummers and Kakashi Hatake were my bishis and were the perfect couple. While I was banned on the Toriyama's World IRC room, [adult swim] did not ban me and, as luck would have it, all of my cringey teenage yaoi posting sprees were deleted. After that I calmed down and floated around, eventually spending most of my time in IB until I started working with CJ and later Humbug. At that point I spent most of my time working on various little things on the site and while I read many a post, I was a hardcore lurker. Don't think I even had 1,000 posts listed on my main tag when the forums were taken down but I had something in the millions of minutes logged in. 

I found friends on the forum and used the website daily, but I opted to use things like Chatzy, AIM/YIM or video game online services to do the bulk of my actual conversing. 

I started out in Action Discussion (mostly to lurk in the anime folders) in 04 but I didn't hang out there

for long.  Mostly because of forgetting my password so I created a new account once every year when I

felt like checking out the boards.  Out of those small accounts, I stayed with the 07 one the longest

because of the Death Note folder.  The reason I came back that year was to find out the schedule of Death Note

since it kept moving around.

I didn't start using the boards on a regular basis until 2008 and I mostly hung out in OA.  IB was a cool place to

go sometimes since there were so many people there and the action folders were fun too but OA

is what I miss the most and what I considered home on the boards.

11 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I'll start: when I joined in 04, I first landed in Babbling but tagged along with @InsaneFox, @zoid9000, and @Strawberry_Gashes among others and quickly became an IBer with a UBF pedigree. Somewhere around 08, I gravitated towards Babbling and became more of a 'current events' poster but I don't think I ever really shook the IB identity.

Edit: i fixed the poll so you can select multiple options

Also started in pod6, migrated because jerks... I mean, a few babblers were cool, but I'm not bobbing for apples in a latrine...

I was AD and IB for the longest time then did more OA when the great divide happened. Action General got split into their own episode sub folders. Really was the nail in the coffin for some series discussion. Back when it was the general folder you'd at least see the activity get bumped, after the split it was only if you went into that subfolder. I remember some shows just getting like 3 people in the thread; sometimes it would even be a solo one and a mod would come in and say knock off the spam....shit now I remember spam bans for actual discussion. @CAC I remember had like 3 alts he'd use through the night in different folders to try and dodge the Spam limit lol 

5 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

@CAC I remember had like 3 alts he'd use through the night in different folders to try and dodge the Spam limit lol 

Lol, I don't even remember much of that anymore.

But I agree, when action got split that killed everything and made a lot of us just go to IB.

I don't understand the thought process the mods had with that. Everyone complained about the split. Mods would say they did a vote and said everyone favored the more organized layout than it was before so it didn't change. Then everyone would complain again. I feel like that may have been a call from an admin or someone higher up, because it made no sense. I remember even trying to explain why we had so many ghost town folders when I was a h.e.l.p.e.r 

Williams Street Culture for a very long time. Just hiding with Insiders. 

Eventually floated into the Noise sections and mainly IB because I was working nights at the time and that was the place most active at 3a. :D

When the shows were hived into individual folders, I spent all my time dealing with Code Geass and Robot Chicken stuff. 

• Like 2

Hmmm from what I can recall, I spent most of my time lurking in a lot of folders but ended up posting mainly in Babbling and IB with occasional fangirling in OA.

I tried to get into Rants and felt obliterated lol.  Definitely did not have a developed enough worldview at the time.

Edit: I still can't spell/grammar

Edited by avec
speeling

AD very briefly, OA mostly, Comedy at the start and towards the end when I saw how dead it had gotten in there and wanted to revive it through chatting about Superjail!, Childrens Hospital, China, IL, etc...and reruns of dead shows I was watching.

IB lurker.

Edited by Hidden