• Williams Street Culture/.Com
    • Comedy
    • Action
    • Other Anime
    • Babbler
    • IBer
    • Ranter

On 5/27/2023 at 1:43 AM, eklipse said:

Let’s see… I started in 2003 but I lurked for a while until 2004.  Started in Action Discussion (because I loved Cowboy Bebop) and eventually camped in Babbling.  I’d go to IB too tho - Fox had some fun threads and the IBers were a fun bunch and active like at all hours haha.  Later I posted more on Other Anime (mostly the music thread).  

Met a bunch of people who I still talk to today ❤️

Gasp! Eklipse!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 1:06 AM, Hidden said:

AD very briefly, OA mostly, Comedy at the start and towards the end when I saw how dead it had gotten in there and wanted to revive it through chatting about Superjail!, Childrens Hospital, China, IL, etc...and reruns of dead shows I was watching.

IB lurker.

On 5/29/2023 at 7:23 AM, Quakers said:

Same

NO. Quack.....that is the BIGGEST amount of cap BS I've ever heard from you. Seriously. I've heard politicians that didn't lie this hard. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I was AD mostly. Originally came just to discuss Witch Hunter Robin and wound up getting hooked when they added more stuff like Wolf's Rain and FLCL. Later on I eventually migrated more into OA which helped me discover other great shows like Escaflowne. Still a little miffed they never showed that on the block. :LithiumSmileySad: Movie doesn't count. :LithiumSmileyAngry:

Man I miss the old smilies.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I also used to frequent the "mod" folder quite a bit over my own bans and to keep up with who else was banned...I think those were some of my favorite posts.

Thought I was the only one who did that. Not because I ever got banned. I just wanted to see what everyone else was complaining about.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I also used to frequent the "mod" folder quite a bit over my own bans and to keep up with who else was banned...I think those were some of my favorite posts.

Yeah, that morbid curiosity of chaos... part of me hoped someone would start flaming and a lot of the time they never disappointed. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 2

I was firmly in the Toonami camp, with some Other Anime action on the side. I think it took until this forum for me to start posting in the latter more often. I also liked the comedy folders, but by the point I joined (or at least started actively posting) they weren't as busy as I'd have liked.

15 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Dude, that was my Nightly News every dang day. :D 

Reading the latest in the Hey Mod thread let you know who was in a pissy mood and why before you might meet that person in the Noise folders. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i was more present in rants at first but then slowly grew to like babbling and then ib. i bounced around those, eventually got tired of rants and stayed in babbling and ib. 

i wish i had spent more time here and spread out to more boards. i feel like i missed out on a lot of stuff on various boards

On 6/5/2023 at 3:31 AM, André Toulon said:

Jesus Christ those threads were the fucking law and order shows of the ASMB. Defendants versus ultra cop-judge-executioner, and it’s fucking jerry springer for y’all. My gentle sensibilities!

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2023 at 2:56 PM, Blackrose321 said:

I'm pretty sure I hung out in Babbling. I tried IB but I could never think of anything witty. 🤣

I think I had the opposite concern, that I was not witty enough to post in Babbling but I could spill all my absurdity in IB.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Back in 2004 ( I know, my pliers are running out of grip from me cranking that far back) I didn't know how to work sites so I landed in the anime section. Needless to say, they didn't appreciate my "views" and humor, so I left looking for greener pastures. Since I'm not a cow, I landed on IB and stayed there until today.