UnevenEdge

How many board members have you met?

Zero.  But that’s mostly because even back then I was very adamant about keeping my online and offline presences different and separate.  Might be because I knew what a douchebag I was back then.

Edited by Jman

To the best of my knowledge, 0.  Who knows, it's not like I know anybody's real name or that [asmb] or this place would come up in a conversation.

That being said, a friend of mine was in a bar in Chicago and got into conversation with the guy sitting next to him.  They got along pretty well and then discovered they had a strange connection.  The guy's father was the one who fired my friend from a retail management job about 100 miles away from Chicago.  "Of all the gin joints..."

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

None, sadly. I know a couple live in my area, but we've just never met up.

I should mention that I came close to meeting rukiasoul once when she still lived in Houston.

24 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Rukiasoul and I talked about meeting, but it never panned out.

Same here, and she literally lived on the other side of Houston. Oh, well. I'm glad she's doing well in San Antonio. (She really did need a change of scenery.)

• Like 1

I don't know the exact number, half the time I've met people that had an account but didn't use it a lot or I knew them by their real name more. 

Odin, Sticks, LadyHikari [ ? ], KagomeInu [ she used to live in my area ], DRD2001, a chunk of board/stream float-throughs via them stopping at the PRoV, a chunk of WS Inmates just from stopping at WS.

1 minute ago, eklipse said:

Two, but one of these I forced to join the boards 😂 

Now that I think about it, I bet I may have met one or two IRL and not even known they were even on the boards.

Then again, nevermind. I bet it didn't happen.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Now that I think about it, I bet I may have met one or two IRL and not even known they were even on the boards.

Then again, nevermind. I bet it didn't happen.

I feel like most people wouldn’t admit to posting on a message board or Reddit, etc.  

So maybe you have! 😆

I’ve met the admins if that counts. I met @katt_goddess @sticksOsteel and Emma (sorry I forgot your username!) at dragon*con. I maybe met ghostofalibrarian? I met storm_of_tara and brutalivory. I also dated three of these people, because I used the ASMB as my okcupid. What a time in my life. It’s so alien to me now. Also I have had some…substances…so I’m babbling.

Meeting y’all is fun. I don’t want to date any of you, now.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Oh, and for a while Bast and I lived in the same Atlanta suburb and had no idea. And even when we did, we still didn’t meet up. To introverts!

I drove through Atlanta numerous times, had standing invites from Williams Street and would have loved to grab a cup of coffee with you and a couple others but I was always in a rush and never got to stop. I slowed down once for a refrigerator in the middle of the interstate. 

4. a duck and some weirdo nerd were getting married and i got invited. i met them, a smelly admin, and a cowboy yeehaw. in the beginning, i was very adamant about keeping my board persona and myself separate so i refused a few offers to meet. but at some point i sort of stopped caring. probably around when like no one was left and we all knew each other

oh damn. 

damn i'm the *burp*

i forgot, until JUST now, i was out at the 'friend garden' 

so i've met 3 from the boards from the long ago. 

*NO damn! nope. i've actually met.....THERE IS NO 4.

SO ...wait. did prove there IS in fact...a 4????

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1