UnevenEdge

Signs you're getting old?

Cancer

When you hear a couple teen/twenty-somethings discussing their favorite "new" songs, and you realize that they're just butchered cover versions of songs by the flavor of the month, that you loved when you were much younger.  (And they attribute the song as being original to said flavor of the month)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You yell at the Newscaster/Commentator/Talking Head on tv - because "they just think they know it all!" 

Funny thing though - I do not remember any of the relatives in my Grandfather's generation ever doing that with Cronkite, Huntley or Brinkley.  Bet they didn't do it with Murrow either.  Anybody else, look out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

You yell at the Newscaster/Commentator/Talking Head on tv - because "they just think they know it all!" 

Funny thing though - I do not remember any of the relatives in my Grandfather's generation ever doing that with Cronkite, Huntley or Brinkley.  Bet they didn't do it with Murrow either.  Anybody else, look out!

That's because those individuals were newscasters, not infotainment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnapItCrackItPopIt said:

You lose interest in your hobbies, dreams, and goals you had in your twenties. I'll be 31 in August and I've been going through a complete metamorphosis for nearly a year but I don't consider myself old just yet.

That's because you're not

2 hours ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

When yer at work loving all the songs the free radio is playing over the intercom. Theyre all your favorite songs from highschool!  Then you realize its The Oldies radio station.

Or when the music in the supermarket sounds really really good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When you see someone attempting to do something that you know from experience is going to be an EPIC FAIL, and you're torn between telling them or watching...and you decide you need a chair, some popcorn and a drink.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cancer said:

Go to position yourself to eat that vagina and your knees crack and your back pops.

I guess this is growing up.

Somebody says, "Oh, they're finally knocking down that decrepit, old building."

And you think, "I remember when they were putting up that nice, new building."

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

I'm beginning to take pride in having a clean house. Younger Skiles would have never cleaned the house, unless I was bribed or held at gunpoint. Now I'm like, "Gosh, this living room could use a good dusting..."

I take the trash out, sweep the floor, vacuum, clean the bathroom, and any number of cleaning activities. And I actually enjoy it.

It's pretty terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skiles said:

I'm beginning to take pride in having a clean house. Younger Skiles would have never cleaned the house, unless I was bribed or held at gunpoint. Now I'm like, "Gosh, this living room could use a good dusting..."

I take the trash out, sweep the floor, vacuum, clean the bathroom, and any number of cleaning activities. And I actually enjoy it.

It's pretty terrible.

Too many pop up visits from code enforcement?

9 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Too many pop up visits from code enforcement?

Ain't no code enforcement. We barely have a landlord. The only purpose he serves is to collect rent. But I take pride in having a clean house.

I think it comes from the time I lived with roommates who were absolutely disgusting.

That, and living in homeless shelters.

Edited by Skiles

57 minutes ago, Skiles said:

Ain't no code enforcement. We barely have a landlord. The only purpose he serves is to collect rent. But I take pride in having a clean house.

I think it comes from the time I lived with roommates who were absolutely disgusting.

That, and living in homeless shelters.

Congratulations on getting out of the shelters.

6 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

She was a writer on Seinfeld. I was binge watching interview clips with various cast members / writers / producers / etc. one night and she popped up in one of them.

She also wrote for SNL & hosted a stand-up comedy show on Comedy Central (or maybe USA Network) back in the 80s.  That show might have had rotating guest hosts.