UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

Two stick figures in SWAT gear: "Hey, you gotta go to work again tomorrow, and also there's two other jobs next week that are 135k pieces each"

Me, hiding behind a table holding a Super Soaker: "I HATE THE MEDICARE PROVIDER, I HATE THE MEDICARE PROVIDER!" 

Just over a month ago we lost our older cat (still only 12) to motherfucking cancer. Losing him has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. I'm just praying all this pain and anxiety will dissipate, havent been able to get much work done lately, fucked up in other ways also, just a big lump of stress upon stress, been trying to breathe and drinking a lot of tea, some paranoia on the brain also though, this has been a terrible weird inconsistent ride please let me off

All of the crying is cathartic at least but one wonders when it will taper

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Elderly musicians coming back with new material.

Its like, are your retirement funds getting low and you're just looking to make a quick buck?

Because its certainly not out of love for the music or you just felt the inspiration. 

Your new song is beyond generic. It could have been written for and performed by literally any of these poprock teenyboppers they got these days.

Seeing your 70 year old ass dressed up in full goth wandering around in the desert and singing lyrics that sound like they were originally pitched to bill eyelash but regected due to lacking creativity is honestly more depressing than anything.

Gary newman, my name is ruin.

Yeah i'm calling you out.

• Like 1

We as a species are missing a huge opportunity not fully domesticating rats.

They're already almost self-domesticating animals like pigeons anyways so it shouldn't be that hard.

They've got relatively quick lifecycles so selectively breeding them for a few generations could be done pretty easy.

Plus they're pretty dang smart.

Imagine how useful they could be.

Found a toy the neicelette has been insane for but has been hard-to-find and ordered it early to be delivered to their place so it could be hidden until the holiday reveal [ it's way the hell too heavy for me to keep here and then haul to the post office later ].

FedEx showed up on the date promised. 

And then promptly pitched a huge cardboard box outside the house in the pouring rain and left it there without even knocking on the door to alert people there was a delivery. Absolutely destroyed. 

Thanks a bunch, FkdUp. You better hope it can be replaced in time considering what a bitch it was to get one in the first damn place. 

• Sad 2

For about 4 years, DHS has been 🤙 ng my phone, asking for some bitch named Jennifer. For 3 years I have politely informed them that this is no longer Jennifer's number and requested they stop calling me....for 1 year, I have vocally melted any poor soul who's job it is to harass anyone unfortunate enough to obtain that number.

At my wit's end, I have just told the agent, Amber that I will be by there at lunch so she can call Jennifer while I stand there and stare at her, ignoring my ringing phone, as I give her the option to remove my fucking number from her list or I liberate her paste coated tongue from her slimy, disease ridden cum collector. 

As the time approaches, I indeed plan to stop and make my request in person but now I figure this is a bad plan to actually show up and request a federal employee by name hours after making a verbal threat of violence....

Guess I'll wait a week or 2.....but this is harassment and I don....

.....what do they even want ...can you owe DHS money... I doubt that's what this is about, but who stalks a person for 4 years unless they owe money

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

For about 4 years, DHS has been 🤙 ng my phone, asking for some bitch named Jennifer. For 3 years I have politely informed them that this is no longer Jennifer's number and requested they stop calling me....for 1 year, I have vocally melted any poor soul who's job it is to harass anyone unfortunate enough to obtain that number.

I would get texts and calls for the last person who had my number. The only one I was polite to was for the place where she worked which apparently had 20 supervisors and no one capable of updating her number. That one eventually worked itself out.

But the one that kept texting over and over [ some car thing - not warranty ] even after being told that's not her number anymore, finally sent a text that ' [ x ] is in my freezer in tiny little pieces and you are next if you text this number one more time' . Haven't had a peep from them since. 

My landline, on the other hand, gets constant ring / hang ups because I let the machine answer it and all the scam artists are scared to leave an actual message. Kiss my answering machine, losers. 

• Like 1

Well, the good news is that the pediatric covid vaccine has finally been released, and DeeDee and Dexter are on the waiting list at the pediatrician. The bad news is, nobody seems to have any idea about how long it's going to take to get it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, Chapinator_X said:

I know this year is shit because now I have to share the bisexuality label with Joe Budden and Mineta from Hero Academia. 

Even if Budden was supposedly joking, he sounded really comfortable saying it. But that's okay, if he secretly meant it, a statement has already been put together:

Why this booster shot gotta hurt my shoulder so much?

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

Even if Budden was supposedly joking, he sounded really comfortable saying it. But that's okay, if he secretly meant it, a statement has already been put together:

Why this booster shot gotta hurt my shoulder so much?

Last year, it was confirmed that “Pump it Up” was an ode to his dog.

Because I’m not at high risk, I’ll have to wait on the booster since only people 65 or higher have been cleared to get it in my hell-state. 

Holy hell. This is an income restricted apartment complex. And they just replaced all the laundry machines in their facility with ones that only take payment via smartphone app. Even if my phone could scan the codes or whatever (it might, but I've never fucked with that), I don't have a mobile internet data plan, so I have no internet in the laundry facility, and thus, cannot do laundry.

How the fuck these assheads not going to give any consideration to accessibility? Shit outta luck if you don't have a device that can interact with these things.

• Sad 1

You know what's SO MUCH FUN! Taking a break at work around 4 PM to call in a water bill that's due by 4:30 because someone at a third-party payroll management company set the direct deposit on your check wrong because of the holiday last week, so it hits your bank account at 3:30 PM instead of 7-8 AM like it usually does!

• Sad 1

On 10/8/2021 at 8:02 PM, Seight said:

Two stick figures in SWAT gear: "Hey, you gotta go to work again tomorrow, and also there's two other jobs next week that are 135k pieces each"

Me, hiding behind a table holding a Super Soaker: "I HATE THE MEDICARE PROVIDER, I HATE THE MEDICARE PROVIDER!" 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, Seight said:

Okay, new plan: Gaslight myself into thinking I don't like football so I don't keep getting annoyed that I have to go to work on Saturdays.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:01 PM, Seight said:

We have made progress on the newest set of mailouts for the Medicare provider from a previous rant*

*both "we got another region's mailing done" and "my coworker also believes the job is cursed now"

Me, after finally, FINALLY, finishing all this shit earlier this afternoon:

The Evil Is Defeated GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

11 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Playing with or eating? Because it's not a food no matter how edible it appears. Play-Doh is more edible. Fondant is a LIE.

I want ice cream for my owies but only have squid jerky. Squid jerky is not a substitute for ice creams. 

I think it's the whole idea of fondant - baking a yummy cake and filling it with something delicious, only to cover it with spackle seems kind of pointless (can you tell that I've been binging holiday baking shows?)

Edited by mthor
  • Haha 1

Can we ... fucking stop with these school shootings??!!

Stop with the shootings in general

Stop with the violence in general. 

Stop the mitigating factors that cause school shootings? 

Just fucking overhaul the whole school system

.... the whole country

everything?! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4