UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

So ... usually Fridays are slow for me so I tend to stay in my office 

If nobody sees me, they can't think of a problem for me to solve. 

>.>

I've only left my office to pee and get ice with the intention of sneaking out at 3 to get my glasses adjusted. So as I'm about to make my exit I just ask to make sure I know the correct time for the Xmas party I dont want to go 

.... oh you didn't get an invitation? 

giphy.gif

Sorry I didn't know we needed physical invitations? 

So uhm ... apparently they took all the invitations to the other clinic and now I have to wait until they bring me one 

my optometrist office closes at 5 ... so I guess I'm not getting my glasses adjusted today 

also 

WTF KIND OF XMAS party is this? 

Are you telling me I have to put on a dress and spanx on my period .... and nobody as has died?! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Get an early alert that Weird Al is going on another 'Ill-Advised Tour' and tickets go on sale on my birthday. YAY!

Check the tour stops and not a single one is anywhere near me. >:(

Still going to bring up the tour at work though. My boss made fun of me for the last concert until I told him that Emo Philips was the opening act. Apparently, he is a closeted Emo fan. 

• Haha 1

As I type this we are 15 minutes of game time from Alabama being SEC Champion and the non-zero chance that the CFP committee is going to use WWE-lookin' ass logic to put Notre Dame in over Cincinnati, an undefeated team that gave Notre Dame its one loss.

18 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Nah, Cincinnati is in

Trust me, I think they are too, but if they aren't I'm gonna feel like Roddy Piper the first time he takes off the sunglasses in They Live

GLAD TO BE WRONG ABOUT THIS BTW

Edited by Seight
  • Haha 1

‪I don’t see the reason to watch Arcane.

‪If a company that encourages sexual  harassment made a game about stomping puppies and that game spawned a critically lauded cartoon about those same puppies having fun adventures, it’d still be a hard sell for me because it’s deliberately meant to promote the puppy stomping simulator and line the pockets of creeps. 

17 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

‪I don’t see the reason to watch Arcane.

‪If a company that encourages sexual  harassment made a game about stomping puppies and that game spawned a critically lauded cartoon about those same puppies having fun adventures, it’d still be a hard sell for me because it’s deliberately meant to promote the puppy stomping simulator and line the pockets of creeps. 

Why is puppy stomping the go to analogy? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

Why is puppy stomping the go to analogy? 

League is a deliberately toxic experience developed by a horrible company, and playing it is an agonizing, self-flagellating experience. 

The puppy example is crude, but it’s saying something that people gatekeep League from others out of protection. 

1 hour ago, Sawdamizer said:

Heard that shit… I did the ideal protein diet for a few months and dropped a shit ton of weight, jumped off it and 10 lbs… bam

I do keto, but i literally have to eat less than 20gs to not gain water weight and stay in ketosis. Some people i know can eat 50. Im jelly

On 12/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, discolé monade said:

mother

fucking

kidney 

stones. 

OMG this pain. 

Feel this. 

Not me, the wife. We're 5 hours into an ER waiting room visit right now, because she threw in the towel on trying to manage it at home. And there's still a bunch of people in line before her. 

Gonna be a long fucking night.

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

Feel this. 

Not me, the wife. We're 5 hours into an ER waiting room visit right now, because she threw in the towel on trying to manage it at home. And there's still a bunch of people in line before her. 

Gonna be a long fucking night.

Hope it passes smoothly. 

i never had one but went with my mom for my dad before. I could hear him screaming.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BooThickemz said:

Hope it passes smoothly. 

i never had one but went with my mom for my dad before. I could hear him screaming.

Ended up waiting 6 hours before she got a bed. They gave her IV fentanyl and toradol for pain and something for nausea, and then flomax and a lot of liquid to push shit along. CT scan found a 6mm stone in her ureter. They sent us home at 3am with some Norco and 3 other rx. They said it's 50/50 that she'll be able to pass it. So basically, gonna be an interesting weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I understand why there are issues with canned cat food. Idiots increased their use of stuff in metal cans while not increasing their trips to recycle that. Fine. She gets one tin of mushies a month anyway, it's not her life. 

But the bagged kibbles are getting strange now too. My fussy monster will only eat a certain indoor brand with the small kibs in the small bag from a certain store [ not lying, it's like she KNOWS if I buy the same small bag of the same stuff at a different store and won't touch it unless I cheat and mix it with a bag from 'her' store ]. 

She's almost out of kib because I can't get any more at ANY of the stores I checked. The only bags left of her brand are the 20 pound monsters for the real crazy cat ladies that need to feed entire herds of cats. I had to get another type in a small bag.

By Thursday, I predict a temper tantrum filled with yowls and the start of a hunger strike after at least one angry barf on the carpet. -.-;

22 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

2 weeks and still no word about my labs. 

and seeing it's so close to the holiday, i'm thinking everyone gone on their 98 by now. 

OR it's such bad news they gonna' wait to tell me? 

The last time I had to wait that long for labs, turns out the lab had lost them. Just saying - fuck xmas, you might want to call and ask where your results are.

Edit: Nobody puts bad news on hold. Bad news gets shared quickly. No news is either good news or somebody fucked up.

Edited by mthor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, mthor said:

The last time I had to wait that long for labs, turns out the lab had lost them. Just saying - fuck xmas, you might want to call and ask where your results are.

Edit: Nobody puts bad news on hold. Bad news gets shared quickly. No news is either good news or somebody fucked up.

bacteria in my lungs. 

easily cured with antibiotics. but i can't get them until monday. 

• Sad 5

I have a housefly. 

I've swatted it across the room, flicked it, sneezed on it, I think even the cat has gotten in on the action and gone after it. I just power-flicked it off the top of my head and it's still flying around. 

It's almost the end of December and I have a housefly that appears to be immortal.

I think I've discovered covid's final form. :| 

• Haha 4

I do not understand some men. Why can't you take control of some of your own life, why does your wife have to be in charge of your health and important documents. Why can't you schedule your own appointments and remember what to ask YOUR doctor about?

I'm not talking about the men with legitimate memory issues, but the ones that just .... refuse(?) 

I dont understand at all. I have made this man an appointment (he missed it), the nurse made an appointment (he missed it), I made another appointment (scheduled transportation so he has no excuse) he doesn't know what the doctor said. They gave you a whole handout which you brought us with specific instructions. He's like oh I got that 

SO HOW IS IT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?!!

Finally get everything done for him, he's scheduled for surgery ... arranged for him to get transportation to his pre surgery work up, but somebody hasn't been fully vaccinated and cant do labs or the actual surgery until he's fully vaccinated. 

No problem ... except why did they schedule you for surgery if you weren't fully vaccinated?

OH! because I had a shot

Which one? When? Where? Do you have your vaccination card? 

???????????? One of them places, sometime last month ????????

Excuse me sir .... WHAT??! 

How am I gonna get my surgery?

Bitch ... I DONT KNOW AT THIS POINT!! 

Okay Im Out GIF - Okay Im Out Bye - Discover & Share GIFs

(This is also for a surgery that you kept pestering us to death to get scheduled because if your problem goes on too long, you could fucking bleed out and die btw)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

I do not understand some men. Why can't you take control of some of your own life, why does your wife have to be in charge of your health and important documents. Why can't you schedule your own appointments and remember what to ask YOUR doctor about?

I'm not talking about the men with legitimate memory issues, but the ones that just .... refuse(?) 

I dont understand at all. I have made this man an appointment (he missed it), the nurse made an appointment (he missed it), I made another appointment (scheduled transportation so he has no excuse) he doesn't know what the doctor said. They gave you a whole handout which you brought us with specific instructions. He's like oh I got that 

SO HOW IS IT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?!!

Finally get everything done for him, he's scheduled for surgery ... arranged for him to get transportation to his pre surgery work up, but somebody hasn't been fully vaccinated and cant do labs or the actual surgery until he's fully vaccinated. 

No problem ... except why did they schedule you for surgery if you weren't fully vaccinated?

OH! because I had a shot

Which one? When? Where? Do you have your vaccination card? 

???????????? One of them places, sometime last month ????????

Excuse me sir .... WHAT??! 

How am I gonna get my surgery?

Bitch ... I DONT KNOW AT THIS POINT!! 

Okay Im Out GIF - Okay Im Out Bye - Discover & Share GIFs

(This is also for a surgery that you kept pestering us to death to get scheduled because if your problem goes on too long, you could fucking bleed out and die btw)

There is nothing quite as irritating as learned helplessness.

Edit: Gave you a like because there's no I feel your pain rating.

Edited by mthor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2021 at 7:56 PM, katt_goddess said:

I have a housefly. 

I've swatted it across the room, flicked it, sneezed on it, I think even the cat has gotten in on the action and gone after it. I just power-flicked it off the top of my head and it's still flying around. 

It's almost the end of December and I have a housefly that appears to be immortal.

I think I've discovered covid's final form. :| 

Bitch is still alive. And still landing on everything and dive bombing my head when I'm online. 

Can't even watch cute kitten videos to unwind. Little bastard buzzes out of nowhere and lands right on kitten buttholes. I wouldn't care because I'm not watching for kitten buttholes but it's like an instant obvious living censor bar that flies up and immediately draws attention to said butthole. :| There's an entire screen of stuff to land on! You are skipping literal poop emoji avatars to land on kitten bums. 

Get off my computer screen, you weird butthole-loving freak bug.

• Haha 3

This year was so rough on me that I’m really not looking forward to 2022. I barely got over the trauma of seeing a loved one have to go through surgery alone.

I thought getting tattoos and going on a day-long drive to Savannah would help give me a better impression of the year. I thought anxiety and panic attacks would be my only issues, but writing it all out makes me feel like I made reckless decisions because I snapped. 

I broke down hard the second night she spent at the hospital. I felt so pathetic that I couldn’t be there the entire day so she didn’t spend some nights alone at a hospital. I think I’d fall apart if I go through anything like it again, but I know life’s going to pepper in more of those moments for me. I’m also a nervous wreck about being in her shoes and having to go under the knife for an extended period of time. 

I wish things didn’t bother me so much, but I repress so much of how I feel that when it rains, it pours hard. I do a good job at being an unbothered stone wall, but it causes me to break down when something affects me enough to make me react. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I know this just supposed to be a thread of one off hate posts and rants... but you're not alone, either in this moment or in the moments where you feel helpless.

Thanks! I’m feeling a lot better now. I think reflecting on 2021 only made me think of the worst things that have happened and not looking on the bright side. She recovered well from the operation, we got to move to a new place, had a good vacation in the summer, and I’m still happy with the ink I got.

As a more lighthearted rant, my job is really on one. They’re in the process of merging with a company that promises holidays off,  but my startups’ last hurrah is having us all work on New Years Eve until we reach a certain quota. We’re all bound to finish by 2pm, but it’s just rich that they wanted to have the last word since they used to have us work holidays as punishment if we weren’t available on call for the holiday beforehand. 

Edited by Chapinator_X
  • Like 3