UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

I may have broken something last night that I have to fix - no one knows you're using PMs except you. But let me fix it when I get on my PC.

Hey, thats not true, if you're watching the online users section you can watch people use the pms in real time. 

Thsts always been a thing.

Screenshot_20210717-123801_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SwimModSponges

My folks are at this campground/waterpark thing right now,  lake with this massive inflatable obstacle course, that kinda thing.

Hoo boy, I'm old.

I managed to push myself through most of the course, only like,  three or four things I just couldn't quite pull myself to the top of to jump off.

Ended up just floating back to shore on my back.

Scratched my back on some velcro holding the chunks together, that was mediocre.

Man I am wore on out.

Fun as hell though.

Just wish I weren't so wore out.

Literally dragging myself through the last handful of obstacles there.

• Like 1

I hate a "oh, they're leaving" mfer in parking lots. Now you're just going to hold everyone up for this prime real estate parking spot you see granny Methuselah going towards her car with 4 bags of cat food and now well all have to wait for her to load up because we can't back up now. You could at least get your lame ass out and help her if you want her spot so bad

Why do you need the spot anyway, your truck is loud, with 6 pipes, truck nuts, mud flaps, custom chrome grill and Calvin pissing on the Ford logo....I assumed you were a virile alpha, not some pussy who is too tender to walk

• Haha 2

I understand that with it being impossible to hire anyone right now things have to be done. Like closing lobbies on fast food places and going strictly drive-thru so everyone can just focus on that one aspect of things without having to worry about eat-ins [ which I agree, take it home - the only ones eating out at fast food places that I've seen are people with a bunch of kids so they can leave a big mess and feel superior again ] and walk-in to-go's. 

All I wanted was a burger and an ice cream because it's too hot to make foods in my apartment. :(  But closest DQ is now drive-thru only. So is McDonalds. And Wendy's. And Jimmy Johns. At least Jimmy Johns lets me ride through on the bike but I didn't want that today. Meh.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, katt_goddess said:

All I wanted was a burger and an ice cream because it's too hot to make foods in my apartment. :(  But closest DQ is now drive-thru only. So is McDonalds. And Wendy's. And Jimmy Johns. At least Jimmy Johns lets me ride through on the bike but I didn't want that today. Meh.

They've been letting people walk up here. Homeless people and carless people and stuff. Not like officially on the sign or anything but it's a thing. A worker even told me to do it when I tried a locked lobby door. I'd say try it and see what happens. 

17 minutes ago, NaBoats said:

They've been letting people walk up here. Homeless people and carless people and stuff. Not like officially on the sign or anything but it's a thing. A worker even told me to do it when I tried a locked lobby door. I'd say try it and see what happens. 

I've been allowed through Chick-fil-a once because they didn't have any cars and the people on the grill felt it was safe enough [ it was a morning run before they changed their hours and I was looking at a 10 hour shift so I needed a real type breakfast even if it might make me sick ] . But for most places, it's a matter of safety because if you think people in a store don't know what personal space is, try dealing with some pud in their SUV who thinks the chick on the Huffy is somehow going to get all the fries. If there are lines in the drive-thru, it's not worth the attempt. I will get run over by someone on their cell phone. I walked away the last time I was hit by a car, I don't know if I'll be able to stick the landing with a bike though. I hate drive-thrus.

I'll just get ice cream Thursday at the store instead. -.-; 

2 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I've been allowed through Chick-fil-a once because they didn't have any cars and the people on the grill felt it was safe enough [ it was a morning run before they changed their hours and I was looking at a 10 hour shift so I needed a real type breakfast even if it might make me sick ] . But for most places, it's a matter of safety because if you think people in a store don't know what personal space is, try dealing with some pud in their SUV who thinks the chick on the Huffy is somehow going to get all the fries. If there are lines in the drive-thru, it's not worth the attempt. I will get run over by someone on their cell phone. I walked away the last time I was hit by a car, I don't know if I'll be able to stick the landing with a bike though. I hate drive-thrus.

I'll just get ice cream Thursday at the store instead. -.-; 

Oh yeah no not if there's a line, don't go waiting in line. They're usually pretty dead for a few hours btwn lunch and rush hour here. 

It really sucks how this entire country is basically just set up to be a coercive advertisement for fossil fuel consumption, a mandate to either own a car or get run over.

Edited by NaBoats
  • D'oh 1

14 hours ago, NaBoats said:

Oh yeah no not if there's a line, don't go waiting in line. They're usually pretty dead for a few hours btwn lunch and rush hour here. 

It really sucks how this entire country is basically just set up to be a coercive advertisement for fossil fuel consumption, a mandate to either own a car or get run over.

Didn't you drive one across the entire country for fun?

Oh wait, this needs to be a rant.....

Hypocrisy is my biggest pet peeve

• Thanks 1

Had to come in super early this morning to check inventory since one of our vendors can't get their shit together and sent out the same auto-shipment 3 weeks in a row and fucked up everybody's on-hands.

"Says we should have seven of these." 

"We had seven before they shipped us fifty more without telling anybody."

Edited by SwimModSponges
  • Like 1

My perception of weekdays is all theown off now. Usually i close tuesday, im off Wednesday, then open thursday and friday.

Or i open Wednesday, am off thursday, and close friday Saturday sunday.

So this week i was off tuesday, so my Wednesday felt like a thursday. Thought it was friday this morning.

And the fact that im closing tonight reeeeeally makes it feel like a friday.

But its thursday. 

Goddammit. 

• Haha 1

It's too hot and too smoky to do much of anything before the life gets zapped right out.

I still have about 50 tacks to complete in a design that I've only worked out in my head, a costume that is still missing parts because the store I wanted to check for shoes had a massive employee uprising, some alterations on the parts I do have, and I still need to map out packing all this shit into two bags and making them look like they don't weigh 100 pounds each. I'm usually done by August 1st with all this crap just so I have an entire month of padding for change-of-plans. 

Just so tired.

And when I went to even touch the suitcase, the kitten gave such a look. She's going to poop on the carpet tonight, I just know it. 

Welp, it's official. While Dragon Con is still live with mask mandates and audience capping for those attending and streaming channels for those who can't attend physically but still want to enjoy panels, there won't be any fan tables this year. :( 

On the plus side, I'll probably have all my holiday shopping done by Friday at that rate since I won't be manning a booth and will be able to check out whatever merchants manage to set up shop in the new spread. On the negative, I have like thousands of swags in my apartment which may end up going into labeled boxes for next year when I was really looking forward to unloading them. Hell, I have a batch of stuff in resin mode in the kitchen right now. 

The other day my cats were in the window, I heard a noise, and then my cat Ziggy started bookin it across my living room.  I look outside and see a dude doin business with the peeps upstairs. I’m thinking fuck it whatever. Ziggy’s a cat. They spook off anything. 
Flash forward to today my other half texts me “Ziggy was in window when I got home. He took off once I tapped the window to say ‘hi’ “.  (He never ran before)
So now I’m thinking the dude I saw, tapped my window, and perhaps intentionally scared my cat. 
Never in a million years would I have thought people need to be taught to not tap on people’s windows when they see a pet. THEY ARE NOT AT THE FUCKIN ZOO. YOU ARE INTRUDING ON SOMEONE’S SANCTUARY

fuckin seriously people are fuckin dumb as hell. 

• Like 3

Why is it the darn cats are always around to scare the shit out of me when I go on my back porch but never around when I need them to eat these damn birds treating my windows like Lowes? Them feathery bastards need to go grab some twigs off the ground instead of being booshie bitches stealing parts of my window screen.

Edited by DragonSinger

*Turns off Army of the Dead* Why? Why couldn't Snyder give me the movie from the montage? Why is he like this? Why does he spend a few minutes on a good idea and then waste the majority of his movies on his bad ideas. WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yesterday was a total shit show at work

Servere storms knocks out power 25% with generator, tornado sirens goes off because the winds were at 80 mph then we had a guy drop dead in the dining room at 4:30pm 

My manager is already in shocked from a death in her family and now this .......talk about a fucked up day 

Gawdfuckindammit! I hate when I’m replying to a thread and it gets locked just as I submit the post. Fuck you guys on a small scale for that one.  One middle finger out of two

good they unlocked it  this rant is about mods misinterpreting posts and banning people dead out of their shit but just keep letting him stay a mod with the ability to throw his weight around  

E9FD2ED6-91A4-4A51-8072-480EDC66EEF1.jpeg

Edited by 1pooh4u