UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

Gotta love when all the shit you said would happen keeps coming true.

For some reason, this video popped into my head while thinking about white moderates(also some nonwhite folks and women who defended them while knowing better) and how they tried to gaslight minorities or anyone vulnerable with a uterus about the possibility of Trump getting elected and then the harm he would do once in power(NSFW) :

Must be because I want to watch Fargo again soon.

I don’t know why people broadcast horrible things or trauma that almost happened or did happen to them.

If it almost happened, half the comments would be from headass people hoping it did happen.

If it did happen, half the comments would be from headass people hoping that it hurt. 

A million faceless assholes don’t need to know if I lost a family member or almost died because I don’t need to watch trashpeople come out of the woodwork to celebrate my trauma. It has to be masochism for a Twitter user with enough clout to do that to themselves. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

That happened on my last oil change.  Get it back ASAP; I found out that it was a bad filter causing a pressure drop, and there is a warranty on those filters.

Unfortunately the place i go to is a 10 minute oil change they won't fix it so I took it to a shop to get it fixed

How the fuck you gonna have Minoru Suzuki on your wrestling program but cut the music before you get to the part where everyone in the crowd shouts "KAZE NI NARE!"?

this rant is incredibly just me and I don't care

Edited by Seight
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Seight said:

How the fuck you gonna have Minoru Suzuki on your wrestling program but cut the music before you get to the part where everyone in the crowd shouts "KAZE NI NARE!"?

this rant is incredibly just me and I don't care

I saw this comment a few times about Kazi Ni Nare and wondered what it was about. Caught a twitter vid of another crowd getting to shout it out, so I understand now. Have an urge to watch Kaze no Stigma for some reason 😜.

can't sleep for shit anywhere except in my own bed. been up all night in this fucking hotel room waiting to get on with this fucking trip. oh well, at this point it's time to get up and get ready to head to the airport. hopefully the beds at the resort don't give me the same trouble.

i know, cry moar bitch. 

I am actually very angry right now. It never occurred to me that in this day and age, a big network with a shit load of money would have been so fucking stupid not to have adequate counseling available to actors when doing a show like Lovecraft Country. That is so fucking irresponsible, especially with the scenes that they filmed. I had to take a break when that show premiered because it was amping up my anxiety. Jesus fucking Christ, I hate people.

Had a drink and disorderly yesterday at work.

Lady in our entrance just a bobbin' and a weavin', could not understand a word coming out of her mouth, just full on plastered.

Now, by virtue of the nature of the organization i'm with, we deal with a lot of people with special needs. So assuming the best from everyone,  i figure this lady probably just has some disorder and needs assistance. So i get two other leaders up there, try to get her to sit down in the wheelchair we provided (i have no idea how she was still standing and all i could think about is her falling and cracking her head open).

So we get her seated finally and i'm trying to adk her if she came with somebody, so we could page them up to the front for her. Finally get her to say "nurse named ____" and "you're not going to get her in trouble, are you?"

Ok, nurse. So i'm probably right and this lady has a disorder. I assure her that her nurse isn't in trouble, and go to page her.

Takes a bit but eventually i see someone slowly meandering up front.

"Excuse me, are you the nurse named ____?" I asks her. "Yeah the woman in our entrance said that you were her caretaker and i believe she may need help."

Lady looks at the woman who is now alternating between shouting and crying at the other leader i left to watch her.

"Oh yeah, thats my daughter, she's just drunk."

Keep in mind this is like 2 pm.

I says "ok, well, public intoxication is illegal, so we're going to have to ask you to take her home..."

"Oh she's fine." Says her mom.

"Mam, she's been causing a commotion in our entrance, we can't have that. You're going to need to take her home."

"What do you mean she's causing a commotion?"

"Well, she's stumbling and shouting, we've got her sitting in a wheelchair right now so she doesn't fall and hurt herself..."

"Oh she's fine." 

"Mam? Public intoxication is a crime. I need you to take her home." Lady grumbles something under her breath about customer service and how nobody's helping her. At this point i'm pretty sure she's also drunk just not as visibly impaired.

So i assist her with the assumption that when i get her taken care of she will take her daughter and leave. And she starts to, so i pop into the office to call the boss and let her know the situation has been resolved. Then one of the other leaders busts in to tell me the lady is going beast mode on the wheelchair and tring to bust it up. Boss tells me i can call the cops if i need to. I go back out there and the mom is backing her truck up to the entrance so she can take her daughter home, the other leader i had up there watching her is helping to load her in, and gives her a big hug.

So once everything is said and done i go off on this guy. "Why the hell did you hug her? Did we not just have a meeting monday morning about how during the last week one of us was threatened with a gun and another was injured when someone threw something at them?"

"Well she said she needed a hug," he says.

"She could have stabbed you or something." I says "check and make sure you still have your wallet."

I apologized for admonishing him, but jesus, safety is everyone's responsibility. 

• Like 3

I did not miss stupid football / 'sports' of any kind at all. That whole mess going into quarantine was the best things tv had going for it. 

Currently shitty football is on all the over-the-air channels except one which was supposed to start the world news followed by local news. Nope, that channel is running a rotorazer ad that just won't end. Your paid advertising time ended at the 30 mark, shut your ass and switch over to news so I can watch that and then go do something else. 

Shut up. I'm old and have my schedule and detest overpaid idiots chasing balls that interrupt actual programs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

I can’t think of a song that was designed to piss people off as much as Capone’s “Oh No”.

I feel like I need to listen to a really crappy song as a palette cleanse every time I hear it. 

Are you sure it's Capone's that's pissing people off or this sack of shit kreepa....because I hate this lame ass bitch. Capone's is lit.

https://youtu.be/1nkYkB-nXR0

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Are you sure it's Capone's that's pissing people off or this sack of shit kreepa....because I hate this lame ass bitch. Capone's is lit.

https://youtu.be/1nkYkB-nXR0

That’s the one! I was trying to look up what it was online and directed a rant at the first result I saw without listening as to avoid having to hear it again. 

But congrats to Kreepa’s “Oh No” for being the only song designed to piss everyone off. 

Update - Just listened to the beginning of the Capone one today and heard the same chipmunk intro. I can’t get past it.

Edited by Chapinator_X
  • Haha 1

I can't believe I'm lucky enough to play host for this band tomorrow. Staging a whole concert, organizing staff and facilities and concessions and security and, and, and fucking porta potties. Nah, lemme also shut down the bar so I can use it to green room the headliner. That's a special extra headache I sooo want. 

🐴💩

Holy hell am I so done with this mechanic.

Stop in last Thursday: "Hey, my parking brake hasn't worked since you replaced calipers months ago, let's try swapping those out." "Ok, bring it in Monday, we'll get it figured out."

Monday: *nothing*

Tuesday: "Hey where we at on this?" "They're still trying to figure out what's wrong"

Wednesday: "Turns out you need new calipers, they'll be here tomorrow." ".................."

Thursday: "So turns out one of these new ones still isn't working right, gotta order another, it'll be here tomorrow." "........................................"

Frankly I'm only here because they're under warranty and this is getting done for free, but damn, not even sure that's worth it at this point.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, wacky1980 said:

I can't believe I'm lucky enough to play host for this band tomorrow. 

🐴💩

Ok so it turns out these guys were actually ok dudes...with the exception of drinking up 2 bottles of my Patron and a bunch of beers, and smoking half of my staff into oblivion...I'd probably hang with them again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

DQ closed their lobby due to staff issues [ which is understandable and they put a sign up so they were all on that ] but Wendy's had their lobby open for the first time in forever so fast food happened.

Was the only person in the lobby, took a bit longer than it should have, figured at least I wouldn't have to make anything.

Ended up with spicy chickie nuggs in the biggie bag and they've run out of their regular fries because these aren't the ones with the skin still slightly attached. Spicy nuggs make my stomach hurt. 

And everything got cold anyway because I'm kittensitting and the shy boy is having separation issues which require extra careful attention and lots of catnip. 

#first world problems 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 5:17 AM, Seight said:

I'd be more frustrated with the possibility of having to work tomorrow if Arky-UGA didn't exude major "the SEC refs won't let the lower ranked team win, even if they REALLY want to" energy. 

Referee: "We have multiple penalties on the play. Offside, defense. That penalty is declined. Holding, defense. That penalty is declined. Defensive Pass Interference, 15 yards, automatic first down."

Me: Janet Kill Me GIF - Janet Kill Me Good Place - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

with all due respect,

tumblr_inline_nvqcmlfV8Y1sn2cms_500.gif

i do not like feet.

I'm usually indifferent. 

But I just realized that I now have holes in both my soles that are going to catch on things until I do a whole lot of stupid foot care crap that I don't wanna do. I just want to bubble bath and chill. :( 

Looking to get our ducts and whatnot cleaned out since it's like a hundred year old house, the previous owners were smokers, and who knows if its ever been done.

The dude we're having do it though...

He said he was going to come check it out the other day but never showed up.

He's going to call today so i have to watch my phone for a "restricted" number.

Apparently only like three people on earth are allowed to know his contact information. 

• Like 1