UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

I know I'm old, I admit I'm old. 

But I have no f-ing clue what the deal is with 'Five Nights at Freddys' and that's all the oldest niecelette wants crap of. And she has a ton of crap related to it already so I can't just Hot Topic my way out of this. 

Why can't she want a fetal skeleton in a jar like a normal kid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/3/2022 at 6:26 PM, katt_goddess said:

I know I'm old, I admit I'm old. 

But I have no f-ing clue what the deal is with 'Five Nights at Freddys' and that's all the oldest niecelette wants crap of. And she has a ton of crap related to it already so I can't just Hot Topic my way out of this. 

Why can't she want a fetal skeleton in a jar like a normal kid. 

Weird... because FNAF was old 8 years ago.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Weird... because FNAF was old 8 years ago.

That's what I thought too but she is obsessed with it and her bedroom is a massive shrine to all things FNAF right now. I could have found something cool at the Con but the pumpkinhead decided to stay radio silent when I was asking for wish lists. 

It's like -30'F out with the wind. I'm still thawing out from the walk home and it's been an hour. 

• Like 1

.... all that dumb shit about no working from home without everybody's approval. 

Roll up to work today and the phones are down so I can't do any of my assessments because I need to talk to the patients on the phone because they dont want us on the floor. 

Sit Back GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

well congratulations because I'm not using my cell phone IN the clinic 

Guess I'll just dink around on the internet 

• Thanks 1

So I'm feeling way better, almost all the way back to normal. Bring the miniature home, he falls asleep almost immediately on the couch and I'm like ... for the past 2 times he's gone to sleep super early on a Friday, he usually gets a fever and gets sick.

>.>

No fever. Suspicious. He pops up at 8pm back to his usual self. So I was like ... okay guess he was just tired. I wake up at 3:45, he's hot. 101.5 fever. 

Fuck.

Give him Tylenol and a sip of caprisun, get back in the bed 

3 mins later 

6fa.jpg

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

So I'm feeling way better, almost all the way back to normal. Bring the miniature home, he falls asleep almost immediately on the couch and I'm like ... for the past 2 times he's gone to sleep super early on a Friday, he usually gets a fever and gets sick.

>.>

No fever. Suspicious. He pops up at 8pm back to his usual self. So I was like ... okay guess he was just tired. I wake up at 3:45, he's hot. 101.5 fever. 

Fuck.

Give him Tylenol and a sip of caprisun, get back in the bed 

3 mins later 

6fa.jpg

OH, christmas eve. 

the boy is munching out on all the sweets. 

no veggies, no piggies/blanket, no spinach pinwheels. 

all the sweets. sure grandma, add some candy in the mix. 

eat some more: popcorn, hot cocoa, some sixlets. 

get to bed, all cozy in new pajamas.

wake up to choking. boy tries to lean over the top rack of bunk bed. 

pink vomit the bed (thank gawd for the mattress protector.  

all over the 09849879367 stuffed animals on his bed. 

and luckily he didn't make it over the rail, or pink vomit would have reigned down onto the bottom bunk, the floor. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, discolé monade said:

OH, christmas eve. 

the boy is munching out on all the sweets. 

no veggies, no piggies/blanket, no spinach pinwheels. 

all the sweets. sure grandma, add some candy in the mix. 

eat some more: popcorn, hot cocoa, some sixlets. 

get to bed, all cozy in new pajamas.

wake up to choking. boy tries to lean over the top rack of bunk bed. 

pink vomit the bed (thank gawd for the mattress protector.  

all over the 09849879367 stuffed animals on his bed. 

and luckily he didn't make it over the rail, or pink vomit would have reigned down onto the bottom bunk, the floor. 

I hate it when little kids are right infront of the toilet and they shake their heads like they're possessed and the vomit goes everywhere 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 2:38 PM, Top Gun said:

That alone is why I know I could never be a parent. Someone else puking near me sets me the hell off too.

My sister is like that. I actually made her vomit when I was pregnant. Normally I'm really good about knowing Im about to vomit and I have enough time to move away .... except that one time. I was sneaking her dog some snacks in the kitchen behind her back and she opened a container of tuna salad and it just shot out of me. 

Then I heard her go in the sink and the dog was just like .... hey free snacks XD

I still can't stand the smell, sight, or taste of tuna salad. 

• Like 1

Could you please ... stop fucking changing your insurance because you see a commercial on TV and the insurance doesn't have the transportation benefits you rely on to get to treatment. 

Fucking stop. We have a whole person that's job is to help you navigate insurance. 

FUCKING. STOP. 

Now I have to try and pull some resources out of my butt. MY BUTT IS EMPTY! There is nothing, no funding, no extra drivers, fucking nothing. 

Emergency back up to transfer you to a closer clinic to your house? Guess what all the clinics are short staffed so they're not accepting any new patients. 

Crying - Reaction GIFs

Sometimes I can get away with some emergency Lyft funds ... but guess what .... if you're on a walker or a wheelchair ... tough shit because Lyft is not going to get out and help you. 

• Like 4

I dont like to call patients bitches because they have all something else going on and I try to keep that in mind when I'm working with them

.......... but this one .... bitch patient. 

The stars aligned and I got her immediate stretcher transportation because she can't lift herself from her wheelchair into her treatment chair because she's like 400lbs and had an amputation. DO YOU KNOW this woman called and cancelled the transportation the next day because she said the men were too rough with her. 

Now keep this in mind, she's 400lbs but she wont do anything to help us get her out of her wheelchair she just fucking sits there and plays on her phone. I've seen the men work to get her on the stretcher, they're just doing their jobs. So now she's just sitting at the door waiting for the techs, nurses, and me to help get her out of the chair and into her treatment chair 

Her: 

Top 30 Means Stare GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

The clinic manager and the charge nurse:

bernie mac, bad santa, blank stare, dead stare Gif For Fun – Businesses in  USA

Edited by Vamped
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Poof said:

My candle broke and the wax leaked out 😢

I am charlie brown today when it comes to glass thermally imploding.

i washed my coffee glass and it didn’t feel like it had that much residual wash heat left in it, but there was, and the temp differential between that and the cold cooler water was too great…

1-C3-ADCD7-8-E7-C-4-DF3-B5-EC-5-CD04-D52

Bottom fell right the fuck out

• Like 2

When I tell you I want this work day to be over. I was literally driving home and the clinic calls me because one of these damn patients that changed insurances is still there 2 hours later 

I'm so fucking stressed trying to find the numbers to the transportation I set up without my work stuff all the while my kid is talking in the backseat 

OMG 

Get in this fucking LYFT and take yo ass home so I can put some bengay on my damn neck and lay down

• Like 2

If you’re going to do a call teaching us how to do something, please have a functioning example of how it works prepared ahead of time. 

It’s unhelpful when you tell us to pay attention or else, but then we watch you fumble around for 30 minutes to find an example that properly demonstrates we’re supposed to learn. 

• Haha 3

I was literally on the phone all of yesterday calling all the resources I could find and some other colleagues at other companies.

I still felt like I didnt get any results. 

One of the ladies I left a message for was like .... I've been doing this for 12 years and I've never seen anything like this before. The staff shortages are eliminating what little resources we had. She straight up told me that some of these people are going to have to catch Lyft or Ubers because that's all we have. I can say that even some of the medical transport companies are using Lyft to get ambulatory patients to and from. 

So this one patient I have is adamant against using Lyft/ Uber because he doesn't want to give out his credit card information. 

My colleague was like .... you either get on the Lyft or call 911 when you can't breathe in 3 days. 

The choice is yours ...

me in the background:

anne hathaway colossal movie GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vamped said:

I was literally on the phone all of yesterday calling all the resources I could find and some other colleagues at other companies.

I still felt like I didnt get any results. 

One of the ladies I left a message for was like .... I've been doing this for 12 years and I've never seen anything like this before. The staff shortages are eliminating what little resources we had. She straight up told me that some of these people are going to have to catch Lyft or Ubers because that's all we have. I can say that even some of the medical transport companies are using Lyft to get ambulatory patients to and from. 

So this one patient I have is adamant against using Lyft/ Uber because he doesn't want to give out his credit card information. 

My colleague was like .... you either get on the Lyft or call 911 when you can't breathe in 3 days. 

The choice is yours ...

me in the background:

anne hathaway colossal movie GIF

You can fund an Uber wallet with PayPal or cash deposits at CVS

0259-B9-EE-235-D-4-D44-8-D35-8-FD92202-E

• Thanks 1

Subway, you spend all this time, money and energy pretending you have so much 'new' that you need to 'invade' other commercials and activities to mention it all. Would it kill you to mention at least once that you've started using those weird paper straws? Give a little warning, those things are pulpy shit if they go into the drink for any length of time. I have frickin' metal reusable straws for this sort of thing, give me warning to bring my own if I want to sip on the walk home. 

• Like 1

My parents got a betta fish for the miniature to keep at their house. So they got him a big tank , heater, plants, and he got pretty huge for a betta but he died around Xmas .... so tell me why these fools bought two more. 

So I was telling my step dad .... you're going to have to get two tanks, you can't put them both in the same tank, they'll fight 

- they'll be fine, I'll put a piece of glass in there to separate them

So I'm like ... You're gonna stress these fucking fish out. Just get them two tanks or take one back. These fish will fight!

- You dont know what you're talking about

Okay then

So my step dad got tired of having to clean the tank every so often so he decides to take the heater out of it and move the tank into the livingroom ... and guess what ... one of them hoped his little aggressive ass over the divider and attacked the other one. I got a call from my mom telling me my stepdad had to reach into tank and thump the aggressor to make him let go of the more passive one. Every time I drop the miniature off I just get sad. The fish is laying on its side at the top  of the tank with its fins fucked up. So I asked them what are they going to do. 

nothing

I just hope it dies soon because thats fucked up. I can't do anything about it. 

Edited by Vamped
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Vamped said:

My parents got a betta fish for the miniature to keep at their house. So they got him a big tank , heater, plants, and he got pretty huge for a betta but he died around Xmas .... so tell me why these fools bought two more. 

So I was telling my step dad .... you're going to have to get two tanks, you can't put them both in the same tank, they'll fight 

- they'll be fine, I'll put a piece of glass in there to separate them

So I'm like ... You're gonna stress these fucking fish out. Just get them two tanks or take one back. These fish will fight!

- You dont know what you're talking about

Okay then

So my step dad got tired of having to clean the tank every so often so he decides to take the heater out of it and move the tank into the livingroom ... and guess what ... one of them hoped his little aggressive ass over the divider and attacked the other one. I got a call from my mom telling me my stepdad had to reach into tank and thump the aggressor to make him let go of the more passive one. Every time I drop the miniature off I just get sad. The fish is laying on its side at the top of the top of the tank with its fins fucked up. So I asked them what are they going to do. 

nothing

I just hope it dies soon because thats fucked up. I can't do anything about it. 

It would have served your stepdad right if the betas had turned their fishy fury on him.

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

They legit make tanks where they can't get at each other. I had a dual tank....3 gallons on each side with a nice little waterfall filter.

I have no idea why they bought 2 in the first place. I really can't wrap my head around it. My mom was saying they were going to get a female at one point and I was like ... why? Are y'all planning to breed them?! Like I legit have no idea where/how they decided any of this was a good idea

My stepdad rigged up a partition with a piece of plexiglass and the more aggressive fish hopped his little ass right over it once he figured out there was enough space to fit. 

He's probably gonna hop back over it and finish the job if the other one doesn't die first. I'm not sure how long he can last on his side. 

So this fucking thing at the end of the day ....

I made this patient an appointment as requested at a foot clinic (that I had to search for because he changed his insurance and most of the podiatrists are out of network) earlier this month. Now over the course of the month this same patient tries to slip in asymptomatic by taking Tylenol to mask his fever. Gets found out, gets moved to the covid shift because he's positive. Now he has covid so I canceled the appointment at the foot clinic then immediately called him yesterday to say.... hey its canceled because of your covid 19 status, I'll reschedule after your isolation. 

Okay no problem. 

I'm in the middle of another goddammit problem and the foot clinic calls 

..... uhhh he showed up, we turned him away he's been sitting outside in the cold for 3 HOURS?!! 

THE FUCK??!! 

I don't even know how the fuck he got there because I did NOT schedule his transportation being as how he has covid and only covid specialized transports will transport our patients.

I call his emergency contact. She says  ..  he doesn't have covid, he doesn't go anywhere 

MA'AM HES BEEN COVID POSITIVE SINCE (date tested at the clinic)

..... again THE FUCK

I don't get off until 6

GO GET YOUR FUCKING COVID POSITIVE FATHER WHO HAS BEEN SITTING IN THE COLD FOR 3 HOURS!!!

THE FUCK?!!

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

So this fucking thing at the end of the day ....

I made this patient an appointment as requested at a foot clinic (that I had to search for because he changed his insurance and most of the podiatrists are out of network) earlier this month. Now over the course of the month this same patient tries to slip in asymptomatic by taking Tylenol to mask his fever. Gets found out, gets moved to the covid shift because he's positive. Now he has covid so I canceled the appointment at the foot clinic then immediately called him yesterday to say.... hey its canceled because of your covid 19 status, I'll reschedule after your isolation. 

Okay no problem. 

I'm in the middle of another goddammit problem and the foot clinic calls 

..... uhhh he showed up, we turned him away he's been sitting outside in the cold for 3 HOURS?!! 

THE FUCK??!! 

I don't even know how the fuck he got there because I did NOT schedule his transportation being as how he has covid and only covid specialized transports will transport our patients.

I call his emergency contact. She says  ..  he doesn't have covid, he doesn't go anywhere 

MA'AM HES BEEN COVID POSITIVE SINCE (date tested at the clinic)

..... again THE FUCK

I don't get off until 6

GO GET YOUR FUCKING COVID POSITIVE FATHER WHO HAS BEEN SITTING IN THE COLD FOR 3 HOURS!!!

THE FUCK?!!

And the response will be a blank stare...I swear to God, you make me so relieved that I'm not working at the clinic any more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Scheduled like 8 patients for an interview at the local paratransit agency to get them discounted transportation to the clinic through our city bus service. 

...... called them today just to confirm they were still on the schedule. 

The office is closed indefinitely. I was like .... sooo any idea if you're going to re-schedule the existing appointments???

........... nooooope .... maybe April ?

Cool Beans. Just when I thought I had solved all of my transportation issues. 

Michael Scott Crying GIF - Michael Scott Crying Sad - Discover & Share GIFs

Is it too late to get my CDL because bruuuh ... me, a corgi, and the miniature will be hitting the highway making long haul deliveries in a hot minute. 

• Like 3