UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

On 6/5/2021 at 12:57 AM, mthor said:

Goddammit, here we go again!

THIS IS NOT THE YUMMY TACO THREAD! THIS IS HATERS & COMPLAINERS! IT'S FOR ONE-OFF GRIPES, NOT DISCUSSION OF SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS!

TAKE IT TO FOOD, PEOPLE!

<.< >.>  I sort of kept it ranty.

On to an old school official rant: Fuck your sex robots, tourist space trips, and flying cars. Give me a motherfucking cooking/cleaning bot that works as well as a human. It pisses me off how many technological advances feel stifled due to apathy and lack of access to a fuller education.

i've been trying to get this fucking tree taken down for 3 months now. the guy who agreed to do it, put in like 4 hours up in the bucket doing the delicate work above the power line. then he got busy and hasn't been back for over a month. just got a call saying he wants to get it done this week, and of course, i'm leaving town for a few days for a funeral back up north. i don't need to be around for the work to get done, but my time is free and i'll end up having to pay him more for doing the ground work since i won't be around. the god damn thing is gonna cost me $3500 by time it's all done now. fucking timing, man.

I should have been in the final stages of pressing display cards and packaging up project #5 in order to move to project #6 today. But it's too frickin' hot to do jack-crack and I'm still a line away from slow pressing anything. -.-;

Also, out of ice cream and not remotely interested in going anywhere to get any.

And the kitten got the last of the ice cubes in her bowl because of the heat so no ice cubes for iced ice. 

It's hot.

4 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Start knocking on doors, tell the folks inside you ordered pizza and they accidentally sent two.

The one who opens the door is your man.

Everyone would answer the door around here.

We a hungry people and pizza is pizza. :D 

And now I want pizza. -.-; But not from munchies [ pot does nothing for me other than an eventual sinus headache from the stench nesting in my sinuses ] . I just realized I haven't had anything but coffee since this morning. 

Goddammit! I'm gonna have to do more with my Instagram account since more folks I know are spending most of their time on there instead of Twitter nowadays. Why does everyone have to keep jumping around? I mean, I know the answer is that Twitter is kinda toxic and trending topics are a big distraction from work, but the moving back and forth is annoying. 😒

applying for passports for the whole family this afternoon. can't file online. can't file via mail. have to go to a god damn approved location and do it in person. and there's not a single location in this entire county. the closest one, 20 miles away, is only open for the same hours i'm at work every day. so i have to take a couple hours off to do it. grrrrrreat!

Done fucked up my whole night by watching Millennium Actress for the first time. It was a great movie, so crying at the ending itself wasn't what made me sad. It's the fact that usually when I watch a movie that's affected me like this I think, "Oh I can't wait to see what else this director will do." Instead, I just sat there crying harder, knowing no one can give me more of this kind of filmmaking. It's such a miserable feeling. Fuck emotions. RIP Satoshi Kon 😢.

• Sad 1

Me: *Rubs hands Birdman style* Can't wait to get my grub on this weekend!

My brother: Change of plans.......Peachtree Road Race is this weekend. Good luck with that interstate.

Me: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the lump is wrong with bicycles lately? The last bike I had a pedal shear off on the way to work one morning. It was mid-crossing on busy traffic and I gouged to hell out of my leg in the process.

Current bike, heard something ping on the way home yesterday but saw nothing and since all the pins were still on my bag, I kept going. Today heard another ping on the way home, noticed a pin had fallen off so went back to pick it up. Discovered a sheared piece of metal on the way back to pick up the pin and recognized it as a bike part. Checked and yep, it's part of my bike - one of the front bolts holding the wheel on has sheared off. I have one bolt on one side holding the bike together. o.O So now I should probably get a new bike.

It's going to be weird having a bike with actual breaks again. :D 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

What the lump is wrong with bicycles lately? The last bike I had a pedal shear off on the way to work one morning. It was mid-crossing on busy traffic and I gouged to hell out of my leg in the process.

Current bike, heard something ping on the way home yesterday but saw nothing and since all the pins were still on my bag, I kept going. Today heard another ping on the way home, noticed a pin had fallen off so went back to pick it up. Discovered a sheared piece of metal on the way back to pick up the pin and recognized it as a bike part. Checked and yep, it's part of my bike - one of the front bolts holding the wheel on has sheared off. I have one bolt on one side holding the bike together. o.O So now I should probably get a new bike.

It's going to be weird having a bike with actual breaks again. :D 

What kind of bikes are you buying....?

8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

What kind of bikes are you buying....?

Huffy. 

Honestly, they used to be the go-to for everything. I had one ages ago that I called the ThunderTank because it tore through everything. It was pulled from a junk pile. I rode through the swamp on that thing. The only thing that finally killed it was fire. But the last two have ended up with metal fatigue and shearing. It doesn't even suffer in weather because I bring it in when I'm in and it winters in the living room. I just need a strong but 'cheap' multi-speed dirt bike to get to and from work and to mule groceries and purchases home. 

This is also a rant about WalMart because that's where I'll end up going to see about a new one and the place is a pit. There is a sports store in the area that sells bikes but they are notorious for switching good tires out for their shitty brand that has zero sidewall reinforcements and marking everything up. 

11 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Huffy. 

Honestly, they used to be the go-to for everything. I had one ages ago that I called the ThunderTank because it tore through everything. It was pulled from a junk pile. I rode through the swamp on that thing. The only thing that finally killed it was fire. But the last two have ended up with metal fatigue and shearing. It doesn't even suffer in weather because I bring it in when I'm in and it winters in the living room. I just need a strong but 'cheap' multi-speed dirt bike to get to and from work and to mule groceries and purchases home. 

This is also a rant about WalMart because that's where I'll end up going to see about a new one and the place is a pit. There is a sports store in the area that sells bikes but they are notorious for switching good tires out for their shitty brand that has zero sidewall reinforcements and marking everything up. 

Around me both Walmart and meijers have zero bikes in stock call before you go 

On 6/30/2021 at 9:19 PM, katt_goddess said:

Huffy. 

What in the Evel Knievel are you up to on these bikes?

I'm so proud of black TikTokers for leaving thieving white folks to drown without their choreography, but it shouldn't have had to come to this. What is so hard about giving us credit for our work? It's so aggravating to see people delight in our culture while in the same breath tell us they want to see it reproduced from anyone who doesn't look like us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Why is there like only one good DJ on Georgia radio who can mix songs? Why are people so horrible at it and piss me off by picking good songs that left alone from their clumsy hands would be a nice jam hour? Ugh.

I miss funkmaster flex’s mixtapes

8 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

I miss funkmaster flex’s mixtapes

But like, they don't need all that. They're professionals. They should at the very least be able to mix music without it sounding like a toddler is playing with the tv remote and an unlocked phone at the same time. Part of it is that I was spoiled as a kid cause Georgia DJ's back in the day used to be the shit. Now they're just shitty.

I fucking hate people who will not wait until the end of me giving them directions. Like what in your brain just decided that just because you see an icon or screen or whatever pop up, that you're done. 

And I'm always like WAIT and then they hang up and call back because duh, we wasn't fucking finished.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Why the lump is it so hard to find a simple white page-boyesque old lady wig? I can find pages of karen boffounts, I can even find mohawks, can't find a simple white wig that remotely fits what I'm aiming for.

Irritating. 

can you find it in a different color and bleach it?

~~~

i need to add an extra like, 4-6 hours to the clock to pad my daily routine. when you leave for work at 8am, it'd sure be nice to get done before the sun goes down on any given day. i'm tired.

9 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

can you find it in a different color and bleach it?

~~~

i need to add an extra like, 4-6 hours to the clock to pad my daily routine. when you leave for work at 8am, it'd sure be nice to get done before the sun goes down on any given day. i'm tired.

Only if I paid like + $200 for real human hair and then an additional who-knows to a professional to bleach it without frying everything to hell. Not doing that for cosplay stuff.  >.<

~~~

I've been up since 4 a because my right kidney decided to have a turf war with my liver. Stay in your lanes. I wanted to sleep for at least another hour. 

• Like 1

it was a pretty decent friday day.

but hey, what's a friday night without baseball-sized hail, 80+ mph winds (tornado? microburst? nothing official yet), and 4" of rain in an hour?

boring, that's what.

can't wait to go survey the damage (not only from hail, but also downed tree limbs) on the jeep and the wife's minivan...as soon as the lake drains off across what was until recently my driveway. it doesn't appear the roof took enough damage to start leaking, but i can't see the whole thing inside from the attic. gonna have to wait and see if the ceilings start dripping before we'll know for sure. at least we didn't lose power like a majority of town. and it sounds like there's a couple buildings that got knocked down a few blocks away.

this is what i get for doing that anti-rant thing in the rant thread this morning. punished. i mean, fema just called the fucking mayor to offer assistance...

what a day.

• Sad 2

I finally tried birria tacos from a good taco truck I discovered this weekend and it was just as amazing as everyone here was saying. I’m glad I found it there and didn’t end up stumbling across it at a trendy hipster place.  

The only issue is that, between this and a some beers, it took forever to dump normally. I’d still get it again, but I’ll just keep hoping that my system’s kinder to me and won’t keep punishing me for enjoying spice. My body rebels against my taste buds, and it sucks. 

Edited by Chapinator_X
  • Like 1

@Raptorpat the changes and updates suck. I don’t need two notifications and an email when I receive a PM. I don’t need the fuckin entire UEMB to know when I’m using the PM system. I had emails and some notifications shut off but they’re back now. Some I can’t shut off at all.  This place is like Facebook with the “imma change your settings just because” nonsense.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

I may have broken something last night that I have to fix - no one knows you're using PMs except you. But let me fix it when I get on my PC.

Thank you the double notifications and the emails not stopping is a little much 😬😆