UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

still no sleep, and i must make dinner for everyone. my eyes burn like the dickens, but now i want to read that other political thread in this subforum. i wonder if i can get away with that without stepping on their toes hmmm 

I hit a piece of wood that was once part of a tree when I was mowing, and it bent the blade and when I came back to check the mower there was a spot of oil on the garage where I put it.

So that's...probably not good :|

• Sad 1

DRIVE THE FUCKING SPEED LIMIT ON THIS FUCKING ROAD AND DON'T PASS ANYBODY. That's all you have to do to not end up in a ditch or push someone in a ditch. And unlike winter, those fucking weeds are thriving. A hit and run driver fucks you up without there being witnesses around and you become immobile, no one's gonna find your ass for weeks. As we drove past the emergency vehicles, you can see right into the ditch, and there's no sign of a car except a barely perceivable rectangular shadow. There's no glint of light on anything. The only clues are the horrified faces of the people who pushed that car in as they stare down at that spot and the cops staring down at that spot too while trying to figure out how to fish out whoever's inside that car to the approaching ambulance.

And fuck this heat!

• Thanks 2

If I see one more maskless Jabba the Hutt in yoga pants, I'm gonna throw a chair. :|

'Yoga pants' imply you might actually try to exercise. Exercise implies a thought about your health. You haven't exercised since this morning when you broke a sweat while fighting yourself into those poor pants. And not wearing a mask because you couldn't find one that matches your outfit is bullshit - pretty sure you could find a mask that also looks like strained underpants. 

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, Chapinator-800 said:

I don’t need to learn how to fleece customers at an auto dealership in order to know how to do my programming work. Does a pimp need a two hour PowerPoint presentation on how to give head before they can be qualified to do what they do? 

Learn as much as possible about everything whenever you can. The best ones see the relations between different seemingly unrelated fields, find commonalities, and apply that knowledge to make them better at what they do. Think of sales as human programming / influence. It's one of the most universal skills.

Plus if you make a post in this thread later complaining about the post-college job search, I'm going to remind you that a job search is just a sale where you're the product.

10 minutes ago, Poof said:

Learn as much as possible about everything whenever you can. The best ones see the relations between different seemingly unrelated fields, find commonalities, and apply that knowledge to make them better at what they do. Think of sales as human programming / influence. It's one of the most universal skills.

Plus if you make a post in this thread later complaining about the post-college job search, I'm going to remind you that a job search is just a sale where you're the product.

I’m done with college and I already know the hustle of a job hunt. I just place a higher priority in trying to create offers for over 50 dealerships and I can’t get shit done if everyone keeps pulling me aside for someone to relive their past glories. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chapinator-800 said:

I’m done with college and I already know the hustle of a job hunt. I just place a higher priority in trying to create offers for over 50 dealerships and I can’t get shit done if everyone keeps pulling me aside for someone to relive their past glories. 

What are you doing? Who's doing what now?

29 minutes ago, Poof said:

What are you doing? Who's doing what now?

Creating offers on a software tool for dealerships. One of my responsibilities is handling offers for a chain in the southwest, but along the way, I keep getting pulled aside for mandatory meetings that don’t involve my main responsibilities.

One of which is for a new tool that would be cool to learn about if the presenter in charge didn’t keep hijacking it to take several hours talking about the times he used to work at a dealership. He did the same thing when he taught us about the tool last year in its prototype state. 

11 hours ago, Chapinator-800 said:

Creating offers on a software tool for dealerships. One of my responsibilities is handling offers for a chain in the southwest, but along the way, I keep getting pulled aside for mandatory meetings that don’t involve my main responsibilities.

One of which is for a new tool that would be cool to learn about if the presenter in charge didn’t keep hijacking it to take several hours talking about the times he used to work at a dealership. He did the same thing when he taught us about the tool last year in its prototype state. 

• Haha 1

🤪 I totally killed my budget by stress-buying anime. Now I gotta release a book next week or be broke. I have a book almost ready, but goddamn that little cushion could have let me be lazy for a while. Not being able to move out of this state before the pandemic hit is fucking with me, especially since there are constatnt reminders of why I'm trying to flee from here. My ass needs to be saving for a new laptop too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

🤪 I totally killed my budget by stress-buying anime. Now I gotta release a book next week or be broke. I have a book almost ready, but goddamn that little cushion could have let me be lazy for a while. Not being able to move out of this state before the pandemic hit is fucking with me, especially since there are constatnt reminders of why I'm trying to flee from here. My ass needs to be saving for a new laptop too.

I can esp relate to that part 

• Like 1

*Watches Perry Mason reboot trailer. Sighs*

You know, I'd be excited for an old school PI show, but now I'm annoyed because that is no Perry Mason. Going in a totally different direction works for a show like Battlestar Galactica that was a corn fest, but the original Perry Mason had some damn good writing. While this new show does have a good cast, it still has a generic gritty remake feel to it. Another thing. Why does every reboot have to be dark? I mean actually dark. I'm tired of always having to squint at shit or adjust the colors on my tv.

• Like 2

I go outside for lunch so I can take my mask off for a bit.  It doesn't seem to matter where I hide, a smoker always seems to find me and lights up right next to me.

I quit smoking a few months ago so it's incredibly irritating. I've moved probably four times in 45 minutes.

fuckin beer distributors. i'm holding tap lines open for your dumb asses, and you can't get a truck over here? we were supposed to get our order last tuesday, a full week ago. promised delivery again thursday. then friday. then no later than today. and again today, no delivery. people are gonna be disappointed that we stopped carrying those breweries you deliver. hopefully those breweries drop you as their distributor, so we can get their beers again in the future. because i'm not spending another dime with your dumb asses.

Tried to go to bed early because I've gone to bed way to late every night this week. Nearly dozed off when my phone starting buzzing - why my friend called me at 11:30 we'll never know because I silenced it, but it has since been an hour and a half and I'm still awake.

I hate a self absorbed bitch.  I just don't want to be bothered and of course here comes the text "Oh, you must be with that other bitch".....There is no other bitch....But just to be extra dickish, I respond "Yeah, her name is Corona....Please just let me go to sleep".......That should be the end of it, right.....But no.  The phone rings, and I just ignore it.  Then I get an all caps text.

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING!!!!  MY KIDS HAVE BEEN TO DAY CARE AND I'VE BEEN TO WORK AND YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING.

Thanks for asking how I'm doing.  I'm not even going to bother holding her hand through the joke....I hope this bitch gets up and go gets tested in the morning.

• Haha 2

Oh so helpful guilt-ridden white folks in positions of power in creative industries: I feel so bad about racism that I've decided to create this weeklong opportunity for a job that pays the lowest rates we've ever given. And we've sent this message to every black person's email we scrounged off the internet without bothering to see if they even work in this field.

I'm not even a professional artist and this shit is pissing me off. Like they really think black folks are some bargain basement special just drooling to grab one of these shitty handouts. It's funny watching these people get their asses handed to them online for having the audacity to pull this crap(do not ever CC a large group of black people if you're gonna be disrespectful), but these are stressful times and no one needs false hope of good paying jobs in their inbox right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Oh so helpful guilt-ridden white folks in positions of power in creative industries: I feel so bad about racism that I've decided to create this weeklong opportunity for a job that pays the lowest rates we've ever given. And we've sent this message to every black person's email we scrounged off the internet without bothering to see if they even work in this field.

I'm not even a professional artist and this shit is pissing me off. Like they really think black folks are some bargain basement special just drooling to grab one of these shitty handouts. It's funny watching these people get their asses handed to them online for having the audacity to pull this crap(do not ever CC a large group of black people if you're gonna be disrespectful), but these are stressful times and no one needs false hope of good paying jobs in their inbox right now.

How dare you not see how hard they are trying.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1