UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

Meanwhile in TN flooding all month more rain on the way, still not as much rain and flooding we got last Feb but I hate that this seems to be the new normal, warm nonstop rainy flash flooding wet season winters. It's really gonna suck when all the climate refugees move here from out west 

Me this morning: Oh look, an Artemis Fowl trailer!

Me 10 seconds into watching it: What in the Percy Jackson adaptation bullshit is this monstrosity?

Why? WHY, why, why do they keep taking something with a solid story that appeals to millions, and then erase all of it for the most generic plot possible that no one wants to fucking see? WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????

Not sure what pisses me off more. Going to a restaurant with friends and getting passed over by the bartender because I don't look like I'm 28, or having my ID asked for three times by different servers in the same restaurant because they see that I have a glass of Royal Crown in front of me.

I can put up with having a "baby face." I don't put up with being asked for my ID multiple times. If you don't trust the bartender who ID'ed me, then why is he working there? When my burger arrived, I specifically told the waitress who brought it: "Hey, you forgot to check my ID like the last three times."

I didn't leave a tip. It's very rare when I feel insulted by people in the service industry, but that shit makes my blood boil.

Edited by Gyaos
  • Like 1

Guest LytKing
On 2/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, Nablippo said:

Meanwhile in TN flooding all month more rain on the way, still not as much rain and flooding we got last Feb but I hate that this seems to be the new normal, warm nonstop rainy flash flooding wet season winters. It's really gonna suck when all the climate refugees move here from out west 

That's global warming for ya.

Knoxville will be underwater w/in 15 years.

Shit is fucked yo.

Kida are such lil' haters man.  The girl goes out to her friend's house to work on their video editing project.   Lil' Cyberbully feels slighted....He has to stay home with me and my mom....He plays PS4, he plays Switch, he watches all kinds of YT, but woe is him....he's soooooo bored, and he misses his sister.  How come she gets to go to her friend's house.

He calls several of his friends, and I tell him outright "Nope, the week I've had...I'm NOT fucking with anyone else's kids, so hang that shit up, pimpin'....Your sister will be home soon."

She finally calls to be picked up...I tell him, she's on her way home and he looks excited.....So we go pick up some McDees for the lazy Saturday, come in and I'm thinking Buddy is about to greet his sister with open arms.....No, he doesn't.....He walks right by her and asks can he go spend the night at his friend "Jet's" house (His parents are pilots and I sooooo fucking hope that's a nickname, because it's just too cringe if it isn't)

It pisses me off, because I'm like "dude here's your sister, you've been crying for her all day" and he's like "Daddy, you heard me and Jet planning this"......I didn't, I heard him invite the kid to MY house, which was a nope but I guess while I was gone the other kid convinced his parents to come get Lil' Bully.....Anyway, he leaves and of course my mom has 100 questions about who these people are and I'm just not in the mood....I know them, that's all YOU need to know....But no, we have to hear about human trafficking and gay dads....Sigh, I mean I know these things exist, but I've met these people and been to their home and he's always come home fine (they want to take him up in their private plane....I'm not 100% on that shit and after the Kobe thing I'm at about 20% on that shit now)....Just go to your room mama, you know I'm tired....Just go finish watching whatever weird shit that was you found on NF.

• Like 2

so wife's brother and his old lady are heading to the hospital to deliver baby #2. baby #1 is now officially in our custody until whenever. and baby #1 is not.happy.he doesn't get to tag along at the hospital, so he's now a bawling mess on my couch at 1am. should be a fun night. good thing i have like 3 more of these big beers in the fridge.

10 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

so wife's brother and his old lady are heading to the hospital to deliver baby #2. baby #1 is now officially in our custody until whenever. and baby #1 is not.happy.he doesn't get to tag along at the hospital, so he's now a bawling mess on my couch at 1am. should be a fun night. good thing i have like 3 more of these big beers in the fridge.

baby #2 arrived this morning. looks like baby #1 is our guest until tomorrow when his parents get home from the hospital. whee.

i went to the store at 9:30pm to grab something simple to put in my mouth for dinner and opted for frozen boneless wings, because when you buy that stuff once a year you forget how crappy it is out of a grocery store freezer

after spending a couple minutes trying to pick the least cheap-looking bag of boneless buffalo wings, i get home and realize i bought the sweet asian kind by mistake

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Why is my roommate randomly taking the hand towel out of the bathroom?  It just fucking disappears or is randomly on the ground behind the toilet like what the actual fuck are you doing? I realize this is minor but it irks me so much and this is the state of passive aggressiveness x 10, so its easy to feel like she is doing this on purpose because of some random ass reason she should just talk to me about.

So I've already complained about this a bunch on FFA but my god this new coworker of mine is starting to really piss me off. Not just the annoying noises she makes for no reason, that I could deal with if she was at least semi-competent at her job. This lady has supposedly done this kind of work for a long time but doesn't seem to know how anything works. We've tried to explain stuff to her multiple times and she just. Doesn't get it. Or doesn't want to or something. We have a big important review thing coming up and I'm worried she's gonna screw us over. We have to see certain clients 4 times a week as a part of it and this lady is missing people who are really easy to meet and not listening to us when we tell her that even if you just talk to them on the phone or drive by their house and they aren't there, you can put in a note. So we've all had to double up on seeing people to cover for her.

I guess earlier this week she got into an argument with one of my other coworkers about something she was clearly wrong about. So the new coworker went to go see Client A but somehow accidentally went to Client B's house. She knocked on the door and asked for Client A and got the door slammed in her face. When she went to go tell my other coworker about it, she was told, "No, Client A lives right by the office, you were at Client B's house which is off street about 20 minutes west of there." and the new lady fucking told my coworker who's been on this team and known all these clients for over 2 fucking years that she was wrong. They got into an argument about it and I guess eventually the new lady realized she made a mistake. The kicker is that I'm like 85% sure the new coworker has meet or at least seen both clients at one point and Client A is black while Client B is white.

Edited by Athena 92

8 hours ago, avec said:

Why is my roommate randomly taking the hand towel out of the bathroom?  It just fucking disappears or is randomly on the ground behind the toilet like what the actual fuck are you doing? I realize this is minor but it irks me so much and this is the state of passive aggressiveness x 10, so its easy to feel like she is doing this on purpose because of some random ass reason she should just talk to me about.

Are you sure it's not from the sriracha farts?

• Haha 2

Ok why tell all the restaurant employees to file for unemployment online if your server keeps crashing every 2 minutes!?

Seriously upgrade your servers to handle the Michigan food industry a ton of bars are being effected by this 2 week closure 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, helpme said:

Ok why tell all the restaurant employees to file for unemployment online if your server keeps crashing every 2 minutes!?

Seriously upgrade your servers to handle the Michigan food industry a ton of bars are being effected by this 2 week closure 

there's not a state in the union prepared to handle the mass of unemployment applications coming in this week. try again at 3am.

So the only reason why I’m working from home is because one joker ended up coming to work on Friday with the Coronavirus. Now all of us are on high alert on whether it’ll be a matter of time before it kicks in for one of us. Brilliant. Just brilliant. Thanks guys. 

Edited by Chapinator-800
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, helpme said:

"2 week closure" buddy. 

Anyway, headed to my first cooking shift in the new world. Hopefully I can get at least 4 hours, but it'll probably be less. 

I love my mother and encourage her to come whenever she likes. But she is literally creating drama because she bored like Jerry. 

She takes the fun out of drinking and as I've said before, I'm a mean drunk so I don't even drink when she's around (unless I go out, but never just at the house where she can preach the whole time)

I was in this house all night, tweaking on a Monster energy drink. I guess I crashed....hard. So I just got up and went to get some cookies and milk.....She walks up and goes "have you been drinking, you smell like alcohol".... Literally impossible....I haven't drank a day since she's been here. First because of the meds I was on after the wreck and as soon as that was over, I've mostly been right here.

She's just trying to start shit....DFW better not cancel any flights before Sunday...Time for her to go back to MS.

• Like 3

God-fucking-dammit! Some deity could have given me the common sense of a college-aged suburban white girl for like two minutes the other night. I heard someone knocking at 9:30 p.m. and didn't answer it because at that time of night, it's a stranger and they better move the fuck on. I did peek out the window after what I assumed was enough time for them to leave and saw nothing. Fast forward to today, and I spotted something by the door that I maybe sort of noticed yesterday but forgot to check. After walking to the door, it turned out to be a full ass bag of Taco Bell. So I guess a neighbor got a Doordash delivery or whatever and it was dropped at the wrong house. *Sigh* A full ass bag, just wasted 😫.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

God-fucking-dammit! Some deity could have given me the common sense of a college-aged suburban white girl for like two minutes the other night. I heard someone knocking at 9:30 p.m. and didn't answer it because at that time of night, it's a stranger and they better move the fuck on. I did peek out the window after what I assumed was enough time for them to leave and saw nothing. Fast forward to today, and I spotted something by the door that I maybe sort of noticed yesterday but forgot to check. After walking to the door, it turned out to be a full ass bag of Taco Bell. So I guess a neighbor got a Doordash delivery or whatever and it was dropped at the wrong house. *Sigh* A full ass bag, just wasted 😫.

F

• Like 1

Found out that the branch of the bank I go to is 'temporarily closed' during the crisis. There was an e-mail basically saying use another branch that has better distancing available.

This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't go by it today and see a dumpster absolutely busting with what looks like every piece of furniture that was in the public lobby area. :|

Here's a thought - if you have had a confirmed exposure, say something. We all already know that the numbers are starting to go up around here. 

two fucking coolers at the bar went down last week...while we're shut down. the draft beer cooler has a fried compressor, which will require replacement and may run upwards of $1000 after labor. a bottle cooler decided it will no longer hold a charge. so they're testing it as i type this to see if they can find the leak. if they can, they might be able to fix it. if they can't, the whole thing is screwed. 

didn't really want to be spending $3-4k on refrigeration while also not doing any sales for 6 weeks, but here we are. thanks, corona.