UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

I hate having the perfect insult and not being able to use it publicly as frickin' nature intended. 

Because after dealing with aisle after aisle after aisle of human plugs blocking all actual passage through, I just want to yell 'MOVE IT YOU WORTHLESS TAMPONS!' just to see if they actually wake up, look around and realize that they have parked their carts right in the center of the aisle in order to have a very important conversation on their phone...with the person in the next damn aisle. 

One of these days, man....one of these days...

• Haha 2

i really like how we helped the city draft ordinance for state-licensed gambling back in 2012. at their request, we worked with their legal team and talked to other local communities on how to best limit the economic impacts, respect those opposed to gaming by establishing clear and strict barriers for hosts to operate gaming establishments, and to minimize the reputation that comes with excessive gaming establishments. and it was a good system that worked pretty well for several years. 

then starting in 2018, the city realized they could scrape up significantly more gaming revenue by blowing the doors off the barriers to entry, and instead monetizing the process. since then, the number of gaming establishments has tripled. the city also managed to massage the ordinance into forcing applicants to purchase the most expensive class of liquor license in order to be eligible to host gaming. AND after all that, they enforced an annual coin-operated device hosting fee. 

so now we have gaming in the local guns & ammo store (i'm still not sure how they got a gaming license AND a liquor license established with the state, in the same building that also sells firearms), gaming in the barber shop, and gaming in the gas station across from the high school (<100' separates the two so again, not sure how they got that rammed through). and there's another gas station getting hooked up this month. the city now has fewer bars than at any other time in its history, but has more active liquor licenses out than at any time in its history. we have 3x the per capita average for the entire state in gaming locations.

and to top it off, i'm apparently the only one paying attention to the numbers, because the community has already reached its saturation point. and the new establishments are not locally-owned, so those establishments' revenues are being removed from the community. in other words, overall gaming revenue has already hit its plateau, but with more establishments fighting over the same size pie, everyone's getting a smaller piece. and now over half of that pie is leaving town to be consumed elsewhere. talk about your all-time backfires. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

Why the fuck did I decide to make cinnamon rolls from scratch? And then I forgot to check the dates on the yeast that's been sitting around which means possibly going back out to the store😣

place the unopened packs in the freezer they will last longer 

https://www.thekitchn.com/longer-lasting-yeast-store-dry-yeast-in-the-freezer-179315

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The holidays are a difficult time of year because it makes me realize again how separated I am from my family.

It would also be nice if I tried a little harder to make these relationships better but its difficult to deal with people who haven't respected my boundaries.

What gets me most upset is that its been nearly 15 years of this stale air - 15 years of feeling numb, angry, and sad this time of year bc so much trauma was passed down to my parents and then to us.  I'm unlearning a lot of bullshit so that I can breathe easier everyday, but its still not enough to make me not feel like absolute shit rn.

On 12/27/2019 at 1:40 AM, SorceressPol said:

This shitshow is just growing and growing, and I don't even want to think about the kind of rage I'd be feeling if I hadn't gotten my rights back. 

Is this what you've been posting about?  Wow, it certainly does sound like a shitstorm.  Do you agree with their representation of events?

• Thanks 2

Someone sent me a link from this computer security website talking about what's going on at the company I work(ed?) at and the person writing the article specifically said "Some ransomware attackers give you the wrong key or have already encrypted your server files once they get their money."

HAHA SO AWESOME :|  

Here's a novel idea.

IF THERE'S A NO TRAVEL ADVISARY OUT BECAUSE IT'S WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS WITH DRIFTS UP TO YOUR NIPPLES, DON'T F-ING HOP IN YOUR SHIT-MOBILE AND START DRIVING AROUND!

You don't need to go to 'the store' or any store for that matter. You will not starve to death in a day. You will not die of boredom because there's apparently nothing on tv. Evil snow gnomes aren't going to cause every entertainment on the planet to disappear if you don't immediately go forth and demand that stores be open for your personal benefits.

Your stupid need to go shopping all the damn time means stores that could and should be closed during weather events have to open. You risk the lives of everyone who had to travel to work just because you 'might' want something - that jar of glitter will save the world up until you decide to return it during the next storm event. Some dipstick in another state saw that purchase and decides that it's totally worth it to be open during these things and the cycle of stupid continues. 

May your shitty credit cards break in the cold. Or at the very least fall in a snow drift while leaning out of your window at a McDonalds drive-through. :| Assholes. 

• Like 4

Well someone egged my fucking house....Or my truck and driveway to be more accurate.  The thing is, a couple of houses had been egged in the last few months, but never mine.  It was a relief because it meant that I hadn't made the enemy that the others had....but it also kinda made me think that people might feel like my kids are doing it.

Well now that I'm washing congealed egg off my frozen car, I have a newfound anger for the culprit....I really feel like it's one of 2 kids if not both of them.  One is a kid I used to let come over until he broke my son's tablet, and I told his parents I better not even catch him in my yard.....He not allowed at my house ever.  The other is a kid that used to let his little frufru dog terrorize the neighborhood until I guess the complaints forced him to have it crated.....It wasn't me though....Again, I just went over and said that I better not catch him in my yard.  In the dog's case, I was gonna fire his ass up with pellets.  Sorry animal lover crowd, but I was raised in places where if it's on your property, you can shoot it.  I wasn't going to kill the little pos.  Someone definitely would have eventually tho since some other idiot's dog got killed by antifreeze poisoning and she was going door to door asking if we poisoned her dog.

Both of these incidents are years old....So honestly, I'm jumping the gun blaming either of these kids....But historically, they are the ones if your kid's shit comes up missing, you'll probably find it in their yards.  Could be some unruly teenagers...I've seen some hanging out a bit lately....but they are usually just outside, huddled up smoking.

Which actually brings me to another situation from a few months back....I got in my Vic, which I never lock....and there was a distinct smell of weed....I don't smoke in my cars and I hadn't even been in this one in weeks.  So after inspection, I also found some cigarette cellophane.....It's pretty obvious someone smoked in my car....but we had some deep freezes back then, and honestly.....If a couple of kids used my ol' vic to burn....It really doesn't even piss me off.  

If I didn't think it would invite a bunch of unwanted trouble, I'd put a sign on it...."Smoke in me"

Edited by cyberbully

On 12/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, Gina Szanboti said:

Is this what you've been posting about?  Wow, it certainly does sound like a shitstorm.  Do you agree with their representation of events?

Yup, and it's a very good breakdown of what happened. Luckily, when I was contemplating joining RWA, I heard from multiple people at the time who had trouble dealing with racist/homophobic local chapters and saw screenshots of authors feeling way too comfortable posting racist comments on the forums. This convinced me not to join because that kind of behavior looked too entrenched to get rid of, but while this isn't directly affecting me, many people I know are getting burned by this. Especially in relation to that jackass current president of RWA who may be the reason no action was taken when my publisher shit the bed(got my rights back and self publishing). Even if RWA could have made little impact in the situation, it's very obvious that authors of color and those who are lgbt have no protection in this industry. This whole thing is infuriating. 

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Sad 4

Godfuckingdammit.....Just wasted 60 armor tokens trying to limit break armor that I had already realized with refine materials, and now I can't get them back because this fuck ass game autosaves after ever fucking miniscule action.....And it's character exclusive armor so I can't even give it to someone else who has shit armor.....I have no idea why this has made me so angry....I guess because I was so excited that i had finally grinded enough for the limit break but the whole upgrading weapons and armor shit is so needlessly complicated, you don't know you fucked up until you've fucked up.

How can I remember all this shit they keep adding to the game to make you stronger because they keep adding enemies that break it.....I HATE THIS FUCKING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MAKE NEW, STRONGER ITEMS....Stop raising the level caps, or if you do....Don't create a brand new process to level it.  It's literally the most hodgepodge way of doing shit just because Square/Enix refuses to say "Damn, maybe we made that raid too fucking hard.....We could just say we fucked up and nerf it, but instead let's just piss off everyone who's invested hundreds of fucking hours into the game by giving them more busy work"

• Like 1

I'm sorting through my restaurant links and checking to see what still has good food or closed last year(Yes, I'm that obsessed with food), so I noticed a surge of bad reviews and people are fucking awful. 

Yelper: I tried to eat here but they said they closed an hour early. How could they be so rude! 1 STAR! 

Date: 12/24/19

People are salty as fuck that restaurants dared to give their employees time off and didn't provide them din-din.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

When you specifically tell someone not to upload something, and that request is also in the document itself, how hard is it to figure out that you should NOT upload it?  Not sure I can clean this up or not. :/  There probably won't be any fallout, I hope, but I am pissed as hell, since there was absolutely no reason for them to do this.

If you have a dog, you clean up after that dog. 

The underside of the stairs in the lobby is not a damn toilet. And the massive piles you've decided to leave there this weekend are not precious art that needs to be preserved for the multi-sense 'enjoyment' of everyone else in the building. 

You are fooling no one with the mess because there are only so many apartments with dogs in this building and I can guarantee that if the good owners are going to get hit with fines and possible evictions for your mess, they will string you from one of the pines later this week. And nothing of value will be lost. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

people today. i swear, every single person in this office is helpless and annoying. no janet, i don't have time to come up to your desk and help you figure out why you can't get the play store to load on your shitty lg phone. or to unlock the same user account 3 fucking times because you can't remember to turn off caps lock. or any of the 20 other stupid issues you people can't overcome.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:53 AM, SorceressPol said:

I'm sorting through my restaurant links and checking to see what still has good food or closed last year(Yes, I'm that obsessed with food), so I noticed a surge of bad reviews and people are fucking awful. 

Yelper: I tried to eat here but they said they closed an hour early. How could they be so rude! 1 STAR! 

Date: 12/24/19

People are salty as fuck that restaurants dared to give their employees time off and didn't provide them din-din.

This was totally what was on my mind, driving around Christmas Eve looking for a place to eat.

It seems hot links are off the menu....Or at least right before bed.  I was wondering why my stomach was on fire and in perpetual pain like I had been binge drinking for a few days.....Didn't know why until I went in the kitchen and saw one of the half eaten hotlink sammies in the fridge.....Then I remembered why my punishment is so severe.  

Eating light today

• Like 1

so i just found out from my wife this morning that some old-money asshat with practically no knowledge of brewing, has started work on a brewery in the building i was researching to do the exact same thing...literally right next door to my bar. i've been farming this plan for the last 7 years, we completed phase two of three this last summer, and were only a couple more years away from our launch. and this guy fucking knew it because he asked me if i was building a brewery last summer while i was working on the outdoor venue. i told him then, that the brewery was coming but was still a couple years out because we had to secure a property and investors before we could start construction.

FUCK ASS SHIT 

• Sad 1

NETFLIX: We've got a new show you might like! It's Dracula!

ME: No.

NETFLIX: Hey! Check out this new show we know you'll love! It's Dracula!

ME: No!

NETFLIX: Guess what we've got!

ME: Is it SHIT I DON'T CARE ABOUT?!

NETFLIX: No, silly! It's Dracula!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Why do I have to upgrade my cell phone that totally does what I need it to do - be a phone - just because you think it's too old to bother keeping as part of your service plan thingie anymore? 

My little cell phone does phone things. It connects to everything without issues, sends and receives calls and texts just fine. It's a basic little dumper phone and it's been quite happy for the 7 years I've had it. And now it's on the kill list because it's not compatible with all the blue-tooth / WiFi / technocolor shit that's now considered 'normal' and I have to deal with getting everything transferred to a new phone that your service will accept. 

Well screw you too, butt-holes. I went from this

Snapshot_20190418_1.JPG.b79cd18b208ffa8220e3043cf891aecb.JPG

to this

10152-main-large-alcatel-a392g.jpg.jpg?i

Funk you, forced upgrade. I do my own thing. 

• Like 3

On 1/10/2020 at 11:09 PM, panic said:

NETFLIX: We've got a new show you might like! It's Dracula!

ME: No.

NETFLIX: Hey! Check out this new show we know you'll love! It's Dracula!

ME: No!

NETFLIX: Guess what we've got!

ME: Is it SHIT I DON'T CARE ABOUT?!

NETFLIX: No, silly! It's Dracula!

How is it that I've watched a bunch of vampire/supernatural shit on there, but it hasn't suggested Dracula to me? I had to find out about it from Twitter. What the fuck is up with their algorithms? 

I hate visitors and I hate vacuuming. 

Damn vacuum decided to go on permanent strike halfway through the living room. I have an insurance idiot coming by tomorrow to do the usual "this is your policy that we never want to do anything with anyway, can I get you to take on additional policies that we will never pay up on?" 10 year visit.

Enjoy the kitty sands, bitchcakes had a tantrum and they are not going anywhere until I can and I can't because I have to be home for your stupid visit. 

Finally got my act together to go to the grocery tonight, expecting it to be open until 11, as usual.  At 8:45 I had barely gotten through produce, when they announced 15 min until closing. Wtf?!!  I dashed around trying to remember the main things I needed to get and I guess I did ok, but I could've stocked up on twice what I got if I'd had time.

Even worse, when I asked when they started closing that early, they told me the store was closing down in a few months (I forget how long, March, maybe?).  Which is a bummer for several reasons.  They have good prices, they actually have better produce for less than their corporate parent's stores, they seem to be the last place that sells Swiss cheese in bricks instead of sliced, they have better hamburger than other stores around, really everything is cheaper and they have a lot of good ethnic foods, and when they close it's going to kill the other businesses at that intersection and create a major food desert for the area, unless another chain picks it up (but it probably won't be as good).

This really sucks.

• Sad 4

So this is why it's hard for me to just relax and read. So many books with middle-aged suburban white lady all over them. For the love of god, could they learn how to describe characters of Asian descent? It's so much cringe on top of incorrectly using black colloquialisms. And then outside of the Romance genre, I gotta deal with the same but from white middle-aged male authors who still can't write women. If I was in the mood for High Fantasy and Contemporary/Historical Romance, my options of books written by non-white authors would be much higher, but I wanted to blow off some steam with Paranormal Romance that wasn't all just shifters. *Sigh*

Dear bitchcakes,

I love the hell out of you but I need my sleep too. You sleep all day. And then you decided to have a vomit festival at 3a this morning because you were unhappy with the litter box and had emptied your water bowl washing your paws after destroying the box. 

You know we don't have a vacuum right now. You were there when it died. Stop making messes and waking me up in the middle of the night. 

Last week sucked down gallons of nut. Between my transmission and battery crapping out, a new guy at work I have to supervise being dumb as rocks, a lingering scratchy throat, another dumb guy I need to supervise making me work on a Friday night, and being a passenger of a head-on collision when an old guy mowed into us while we were at a Stop sign, I’ve been deeply and consistently pissed for every day of the last week. 

I’m safe and no one got hurt, just in case anyone was worried from the last statement. 

Edited by Chapzilla_2000
  • Sad 2

On 1/24/2020 at 11:22 PM, Gina Szanboti said:

Finally got my act together to go to the grocery tonight, expecting it to be open until 11, as usual.  At 8:45 I had barely gotten through produce, when they announced 15 min until closing. Wtf?!!  I dashed around trying to remember the main things I needed to get and I guess I did ok, but I could've stocked up on twice what I got if I'd had time.

Even worse, when I asked when they started closing that early, they told me the store was closing down in a few months (I forget how long, March, maybe?).  Which is a bummer for several reasons.  They have good prices, they actually have better produce for less than their corporate parent's stores, they seem to be the last place that sells Swiss cheese in bricks instead of sliced, they have better hamburger than other stores around, really everything is cheaper and they have a lot of good ethnic foods, and when they close it's going to kill the other businesses at that intersection and create a major food desert for the area, unless another chain picks it up (but it probably won't be as good).

This really sucks.

What's the name of the store?

• D'oh 1