UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

23 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

two fucking coolers at the bar went down last week...while we're shut down. the draft beer cooler has a fried compressor, which will require replacement and may run upwards of $1000 after labor. a bottle cooler decided it will no longer hold a charge. so they're testing it as i type this to see if they can find the leak. if they can, they might be able to fix it. if they can't, the whole thing is screwed. 

didn't really want to be spending $3-4k on refrigeration while also not doing any sales for 6 weeks, but here we are. thanks, corona.

quotes came back today. $1300 to fix the draft cooler, $1500 for the bottle cooler. i can get a new draft cooler with 2x capacity for $3000 (off-brand but whatever). the bottle cooler, same off-brand, for $1800. 

fuck me.

this is not how i envisioned blowing our reserve fund while we're shut down. but if we don't have working coolers, there's not much of a point in re-opening. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me.

• Sad 7

17 minutes ago, Poof said:

hot water finally

i didn't wanna tell you guys that i didn't have hot water for awhile bc I was embarassed

There's no need to be embarrassed unless you live like Nab or Packard. Plenty of folks here have been in the broke as fuck club(myself currently) and can't say nothin' to you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Poof said:

hot water finally

i didn't wanna tell you guys that i didn't have hot water for awhile bc I was embarassed

If you ever need a place to come visit my hot water stays hot for a long time ! It doesn't get super scalding hot but still, 20 minute very warm showers. Fr fr fr

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

There's no need to be embarrassed unless you live like Nab or Packard. Plenty of folks here have been in the broke as fuck club(myself currently) and can't say nothin' to you.

It just took awhile to find a plumber who would come thru

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nablotson said:

If you ever need a place to come visit my hot water stays hot for a long time ! It doesn't get super scalding hot but still, 20 minute very warm showers. Fr fr fr

I'm going to come and smoke w/you after all this

• Thanks 1

Had to file for unemployment today with the hopes that we'll be able to reopen in May.

Pissed because if I had known any of this was under consideration, I would have stopped at the grocery store one last time and bought ice cream and pops because why the hell not instead of having an overpriced pizza delivered. Phone call came about an hour after I had already nommed. -.-; Now I want mint ice creams and a 24 pack of coke. 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Seight said:

Perhaps Smackdown tonight would be a good time for WWE to tell people who don't following wrestling sites that Roman Reigns is playing the role of Sir Not Appearing In This Picture at WrestleMania: THE ARISTOCRATS! ?

"Goldberg will now face Braun Strowman for the Universal Title at Wrestlemania!"

That's it, that's the announcement.

Last night  I was thinking about milking wasps.

Naturally I'd want to know how many I'd need, so I had to know how much venom each could inject.

The answer to that question is anywhere from 1~17+ micrograms.

A microgram is a measurement of weight, not volume.

In order to calculate the volume  I'd have to know the density of wasp venom.

So there's that.

• Confused 1

Went shopping, as I was out of food. Got my shit, went to the cashier to have stuff ready and taken out. Once I got in line, this couple took their cart and were right behind me. Not even six feet apart from me. I had beer in my cart.

"Yeah, beer is certainly essential," the man then said out loud. Never mind the fact that I had eggs, bread, assorted meats, rice, and three cans of beans in my (tiny) shopping cart. Never mind the fact that there's an "X" marking where these people should have been standing. They weren't even six feet away from me. I pointed it out to the man and he and his wife looked at me like I insulted both of their parents.

This didn't happen at Walmart, where people are so close that it can make a person's asshole tight. This happened at a mom and pop grocery store that's been around for more than 40 years. There's no point in leisure shopping. You get what you want, get the fuck out, and go home. For fuck's sake, these smooth brains need to get a grip on life. I'm not even thirty years old yet and I have a better handle on life than these chuckleheads did. If someone talks that kind of talk, yet can't be bothered to "stand at the "X" to wait their turn like the paper sign on the door says, then they deserve to get shit on.

Edited by Gyaos
  • Like 3

On 4/4/2020 at 6:50 PM, Gyaos said:

Went shopping, as I was out of food. Got my shit, went to the cashier to have stuff ready and taken out. Once I got in line, this couple took their car and were right behind me. Not even six feet apart from me. I had beer in my cart.

"Yeah, beer is certainly essential," the man them said out loud. Never mind the fact that I had eggs, bread, assorted meats, rice, and three cans of beans in my (tiny) shopping cart. Never mind the fact that there's an "X" marking where these people should have been standing. They weren't even six feet away from me. I pointed it out to the man and he and his wife looked at me like I insulted both of their parents.

This didn't happen at Walmart, where people are so close that it can make a person's asshole tight. This happened at a mom and pop grocery store that's been around for more than 40 years. There's no point in leisure shopping. You get what you want, get the fuck out, and go home. For fuck's sake, these smooth brains need to get a grip on life. I'm not even thirty years old yet and I have a better handle on life than these chuckleheads did. If someone talks that kind of talk, yet can't be bothered to "stand at the "X" to wait their turn like the paper sign on the door says, then they deserve to get shit on.

Ooohhh noooo I would have lost my entire shit at those people.  

• Like 2

Y'ever lift up the toilet seat and start peeing, only you didn't quite get the toilet seat 100% perfect and it falls back down after a second? 

So now  you're reflexively trying to grab it before it crosses your stream, and now you're flapping piss everywhere and you don't catch it anyways and it crashes down loudly?

• Haha 7

It’s good to still be working, but being on an 8 hour Zoom call has given corporate some very funny ideas about having us work overtime for free. In fact, I’ve had a number of days where I just end up working 45 minutes to an hour extra for diddly dick. Nice. Brilliant. A+++. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chapinator-800 said:

It’s good to still be working, but being on an 8 hour Zoom call has given corporate some very funny ideas about having us work overtime for free. In fact, I’ve had a number of days where I just end up working 45 minutes to an hour extra for diddly dick. Nice. Brilliant. A+++. 

Make that two hours. Fuck an extra 15 minutes to a 30 minute lunchtime. You’ll have to do better than that shit.

Edited by Chapinator-800

Guest Deemz

I hate this place.  I only come back here to throw bricks at the window when I'm bored and there's nothing going on at better forums.  It's not worth thought or effort beyond that.  Neither are you.

I hate that I'm actually so bored today that I'm posting in this gimmick thread.

8 hours ago, Deemz said:

I hate this place.  I only come back here to throw bricks at the window when I'm bored and there's nothing going on at better forums.  It's not worth thought or effort beyond that.  Neither are you.

I hate that I'm actually so bored today that I'm posting in this gimmick thread.

Better forums?

19 hours ago, Deemz said:

Ah, such a shame to hear that 4chan's boring ☹️

• Haha 2

It is so infuriating hearing/watching people tell someone that they are going to do something and then, IMMEDIATELY, do what they said they weren't going to do.  "I'll stop doing this/cut back on that" but go back to their old habits.  You can't complain about not feeling well or about having to take a multitude of medicines if you're actively working against improvement.

I hate that I cut my finger doing yard work and I have no idea how.  How did I cut my finger with gloves on?!?!  :RoboAngry:

Snakes also need to fuck right off!!

Edited by 💜 mahala_la_la