UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

At this time last year, I was chilling out in a hotel room with the AC cranked having purchased and shipped most of my holiday shopping from Atlanta's midtown, enjoying some sushi and whatever weird specialty frappe caught my eye at Caribou. 

This year, I'm sitting at home, taking a break from marathoning DVDs and considering whether or not to make coffee or go out [ again ] for something from the closest Caribou with the only thing to look forward to being another doctor appointment on Tuesday because the convention was cancelled. 

I want sushis and the ability to wear something horrible surrounded by other people wearing just about the same level of horrible in the spirit of nerdy comradery while getting sushis. Instead, I'm hitting the cafe in leggings, an All Might t-shirt and a Tokyo Ghoul face mask for a banal caramel frappe when I'm craving catsuit and a Harley Quinn. :|:(

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

At this time last year, I was chilling out in a hotel room with the AC cranked having purchased and shipped most of my holiday shopping from Atlanta's midtown, enjoying some sushi and whatever weird specialty frappe caught my eye at Caribou. 

This year, I'm sitting at home, taking a break from marathoning DVDs and considering whether or not to make coffee or go out [ again ] for something from the closest Caribou with the only thing to look forward to being another doctor appointment on Tuesday because the convention was cancelled. 

I want sushis and the ability to wear something horrible surrounded by other people wearing just about the same level of horrible in the spirit of nerdy comradery while getting sushis. Instead, I'm hitting the cafe in leggings, an All Might t-shirt and a Tokyo Ghoul face mask for a banal caramel frappe when I'm craving catsuit and a Harley Quinn. :|:(

Dragon Con was one of the few times I could see a bunch of my friends in one place. My Facebook should be filled with my friends exchanging sewing advice or where to meet up for last minute costume adjustments in their hotel rooms right now while my procrastinaing ass would still be comparing fan tracks to see which days I wanted to go on. I miss people.

• Like 3

I hate seeing parents mow the lawn when their kids are playing nearby. I saw this rescue 911 when I was little where this mother ran over her son's legs w/the mower and almost killed him. He came out alright and could walk and everything but still... you go into a mild hypnotic state when you do repetitive tasks. Kids that young are unpredictable.

I don't wanna have to yank out my hdmi cables for tourniquets and run out there in my robe

• Like 5

Hannibal has ruined me. NBC let the show get away with so much shit that now when I see similar gruesome stuff in other shows or movies, it's not as good. Midsommar spoilers:

Spoiler

I can't even look at skin wings without thinking, 'Hannibal did it better'. A human stuffed inside of an animal? 'Hannibal did it better', and we got turducken to trend on Twitter the night that episode aired. I'm still proud of that. There were many innocent people searching for Thanksgiving recipes who got traumatized.

I hate that I want to bingewatch Hannibal, but my brain can only handle a few episodes at a time right now.

• Haha 2

I don't think the customer service guy at InteractiveBrokers believed me when I changed my annual income to between 49,999-150,000 but that's what I had to pick be able to trade leveraged inverse funds. It's not my fault your permissions are dumb. He said I have permission now, but I think he was lying to get me to shut up. He thinks I'm a poor garbage person. I may be a poor garbage person, but that doesn't matter. And I think your website looks like it's from 1997 and the dark theme doesn't work. It looks like it smells like old people. I would've had my account funded if your site wasn't down for two days just bc things got alil volatile. You'd think they'd have that kind of thing under control since they've been in the electronic trade game since the 80s

• Like 1

fucking murphy's law.

we applied for a state grant back in may. it required a FUCKING TON of paperwork, including 3 years of tax returns. i couldn't get my accountant to move our return filing up in order to meet the deadline on the grant, so i had to instead provide a P/L estimate. my best guess on that was a 2019 loss of about $3600 on paper. so pretty much break-even, which is where we'd like to be historically. we submitted the application -- in may, with a stated 30-day turnaround -- and waited. 

and waited.

in the meantime, we finally got our taxes done in july, and quickly left that accountant behind. and as it turns out, we did turn a profit on paper. great, cool, whatever, passthru corp so we had to personally pay the taxes on the profit. no big deal, right?

well i finally got a response on the grant this afternoon. we were denied...because we showed a loss in 2019, making us a risky investment for the grant program.

so we got denied.

denied because of my fucking stubborn loyalty to an accountant who was going thru some health issues and had fallen behind on her work, but had been our accountant for 10+ years prior to that. denied, because i chose to make as accurate of an attempt at a P/L statement as i could, without having the actual books in front of me. i could have easily make those numbers show a profit, but i wanted to be 100% honest. fucking denied, because some asshole bean counter over at the capitol decided a measly $3600 loss in a year when we took on $75k of new debt to expand the business, was overwhelming proof that we were a risky investment.

fuck this game. if playing fair doesn't count for shit, i'm done doing it.

• Sad 1

On 9/9/2020 at 4:07 AM, Poof said:

I don't think the customer service guy at InteractiveBrokers believed me when I changed my annual income to between 49,999-150,000 but that's what I had to pick be able to trade leveraged inverse funds. It's not my fault your permissions are dumb. He said I have permission now, but I think he was lying to get me to shut up. He thinks I'm a poor garbage person. I may be a poor garbage person, but that doesn't matter. And I think your website looks like it's from 1997 and the dark theme doesn't work. It looks like it smells like old people. I would've had my account funded if your site wasn't down for two days just bc things got alil volatile. You'd think they'd have that kind of thing under control since they've been in the electronic trade game since the 80s

In today at 2 minutes before london closes. Nice. I'm officially shorting Tesla. That ass is mine Elon. TSLA is $390 at this time. Would've liked to get in earlier. I think it was $450 when I made my IB account to get access to the london exchange.

It still has a very long way down to go 390 x 4 = 1560. So it'd be at 1560 right now before the stock split. That's a long way down to tumble for an automaker.

I had to fight customer service to let me trade leveraged inverse ETNs but they finally gave in.

If anyone reading this follows in my footsteps, make sure you tell them you make 150k/year when you first make the account. Brokerages try and protect poor people by reducing their access to complex trading activities. I get the intention, but I think it holds certain people back. Those who are knowledgeable but not rich.

Edited by Poof
IB = interactive brokers =/= incoherent babbling
  • Like 1

Mean Green, Orange Champ is the WORST kitchen cleaner I've ever used bar none.....No lysol or Chlorox at the store when I went, so I was like "Meh, this'll do....Not going all the way to Walmart, or Big lots" but I wish I had....I wound up boiling some water in vinegar because this shit was doing NOTHING to cut grease desppit it having DEGREASER in bold letters.

It doesn't even smell nice......Mas thinking I'd put it in my windshield washer fluid tank, but it'll probably just smear shit like it did in here.....Eh, I might have to fix a drink just in case I get a visit from a wandering, chain smoking pedo....So I'll hold on to it.

• Haha 3

This weekend I have to cover at the location across town because some of their people had to quarantine.

I wonder if there's still that white supremacist recruiter working in production...

Lol no i don't guaranteed he's still there talking about how in high-school he wrote a story about bringing in guns to kill all the teachers he didn't like and how snowflakes wont let you do that anymore. 

4 hours ago, Seight said:

Today I learned that you can order pizza from Sam's Club, and also that I would only eat Sam's Club pizza for free, at work, as opposed to doing that by paying for it myself.

They used to sell it in the Sam's back home....It was either good, or just good because of the size of the slice....That was at least 25 years ago though.....No idea what they are pushing now.

"Excuse me, masks are required at this location."

"I have a medical condition" *big grin*

"I'm sorry i didn't realize a bleeding taint was a medical condition that prevents people from wearing masks."

"My taint isnt blee-"

*kicks them. Really hard*

Numbers around here are going up fast, and every day i see more people without masks.

Working in the location across town today.

Yeah they don't bother wearing masks there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

The manager who took a weeklong vacation to Texas during the middle of their outbreak and then had a further 2-week quarantine period wants to take another week vacation to florida. With another 2-week quarantine period.

Said manager should just take a full-time vacation and save everyone the problem of shuffling schedule to deal with lazy. 

I hate missing a package delivery that I didn't even know was coming because the FedEx dude keeps going to the back door instead of the front one. You know, the one with the big sign announcing there's an office there, it's open, come on in. I don't know what I'm supposedly getting but I do know it's a game of frickin' tag for the next week. :|

• Haha 3

a toilet keeps running and needs new tank parts installed. someone cracked a drain line on the kitchen sink and it needs replaced. still have to clean up the yard from the tree removal a couple weeks ago. neighbor's dog chewed a hole thru the fence and that needs fixed. cleaning, laundry, organization, the whole bit. and i finally have an afternoon off today, after 2 weeks of pretty much no free time, to get shit caught up.

wife just texted me, says she wants to take the afternoon off (...?) so we can take the boys on an adventure to a nearby state park.

always going, yet rarely getting anything done. such is life, i guess.