UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

4 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Tik Tok sucks. Those short music clips in their viral videos always trick me into the thinking the full song might be all right to listen to, but when I look it up, only that one lyric is worth a damn and the song is fucking trash. 

To me Lil Nas X is Actually Good.

I see no other issues with this comment tho.

• Like 1

Me: My time has come. My back is feeling decent, Fall coming has given me more energy, and bills are off my mind until mid October.

My laptop: 😵

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if I'm fucking cursed. At this point of my life, I don't even want fancy shit. I just want to know what it feels like to have a victory without a major setback minutes later.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

I got fucking attacked by chiggers when we took the boys to the state park over the weekend. I'm almost willing to amputate at the knee right now. Nothing can take this itch away! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

At least it was just chiggers and not jiggers aka the chigoe flea. The females will burrow into your skin and stick their ass tube out to breathe, defecate and mate. You can look up videos if you are feeling brave enough. Trypophobia warning. At least they are only native to central and south America and parts of Africa. 

10 hours ago, Mortir said:

At least it was just chiggers and not jiggers aka the chigoe flea. The females will burrow into your skin and stick their ass tube out to breathe, defecate and mate. You can look up videos if you are feeling brave enough. Trypophobia warning. At least they are only native to central and south America and parts of Africa. 

no, thank you.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:52 AM, helpme said:

Well this is going to be a boring 2 weeks 

Been exposed to covid and regardless what my testing says I still need to be quarantine for 14 days 

Test is negative 

Yay 😑

Now just gotta get retested in 10 days 

• Like 2

vendor and infosec risk assessments need to be completed, reviewed, and submitted by 3pm today, in accordance with the requirements of the state IT exam that started two days ago. i've spent the last two years building these programs, and the last few weeks kicking my own ass trying to get them ready (i dropped the ball bigtime when 'rona moved in and my workload exploded as a result). my head hurts from the stress. and as of about five minutes ago, i'm fucking done.

not finished, mind you. but i'm done working on them. the state examiners can pick them apart and critique them and tell me how inadequate they are. and then i get to go back and make all the necessary updates, which will probably kick in around the start of november. but for the next week, i only have to sit back and wait for them to ask questions. and that's a god damn delightful change to my workload. 

then i'm supposed to be going on vacation to the alabama coast the following week. but that trip got cancelled because of damage to the grounds during hurricane sally. plus, covid travel restrictions are popping up in that region, and i don't wanna have to quarantine when we get back, so we didn't try to re-book another location. sadfaise. 

2 hours ago, Mortir said:

I really want to get some sweets. Like a cheesecake or something. Too bad the only place open right now is the Walmart like 30 minutes away. I might just go though.

I drove all the way to Walmart and they were closed. I guess they are not open 24 hours like they used to be. I had to settle for some Ben and Jerry's and some pumpkin spice doughnuts from the gas station. The doughnuts were horrible and I regret buying them.

been letting the weight get a little out of control for the last few months. stress, less adventuring, boredom, whatever. i'm normally in the 190-205 range, which i feel isn't out of line. well, i broke 215 for the first time on sunday and felt pretty disgusted with myself over the whole thing. so i started doing a kind of dirty keto routine on monday. spent the last 48 hours hating myself and life in general because i really enjoy carbs, and i don't think i can sustain this kind of lifestyle. i was down to 207 this morning which is great, but i mean that's what straight starvation will do to a person. ugh...i only need to get thru friday. that's my goal right now. see where we are saturday morning, and decide if life is still worth living.

at least scotch has 0 carbs. it's no imperial stout, but the destination is still the same.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 1:11 PM, wacky1980 said:

been letting the weight get a little out of control for the last few months. stress, less adventuring, boredom, whatever. i'm normally in the 190-205 range, which i feel isn't out of line. well, i broke 215 for the first time on sunday and felt pretty disgusted with myself over the whole thing. so i started doing a kind of dirty keto routine on monday. spent the last 48 hours hating myself and life in general because i really enjoy carbs, and i don't think i can sustain this kind of lifestyle. i was down to 207 this morning which is great, but i mean that's what straight starvation will do to a person. ugh...i only need to get thru friday. that's my goal right now. see where we are saturday morning, and decide if life is still worth living.

at least scotch has 0 carbs. it's no imperial stout, but the destination is still the same.

How tall are you....This isn't me asking as a professional or anything...Just wanna know if you're currently fatter than me.

God damnit.

So schedules were all wonky this week with closing for another store and one of our leaders being out for PTO.

So they had me working his noon to 8:30 shift tonight.

Well they re-shuffled me back to regular schedule and got somebody else to work that close.

This change was not updated on the schedule. 

So i got a call @ 8:45 this morning telling me I was late.

Goddammit. 

Called the boss and she takes 50/50 blame on it and said don't rush to get in. I also have two hours i have to shave off today so i don't get OT.

2 hours ago, BlackNoir said:

How tall are you....This isn't me asking as a professional or anything...Just wanna know if you're currently fatter than me.

6' even most days. 

down to 203 this morning. it's probably been a year since i've been <200. i had to go shopping for pork rinds and summer sausage because this no-good-food bullshit was killing me.

Me : so excited that the two new shelving units I ordered finally showed up so that I can shrink that particular footprint while increasing book storage. Especially since it had mysteriously not been delivered on schedule due to 'labeling issues' 

Me : sees that one of the boxes has been beat all to hell and re-taped, all the parts had very obviously been punted across at least one floor somewhere, the main sides are damaged, and the little baggie holding all the nails, screws, plugs, and pegs is missing. 

>:(

Also, my cat is angry because there are piles of books by her toy basket and that is not allowed because that's her space. She's gonna poop on the carpet tonight, I just know it. 

Do you have a home, Cat? Is our back porch your new home? I'm irritated because I want to take it in, but I have no idea how to take care of a cat and my dog will not have that shit. With the exception of a Yorkie who passed away a few years ago, my dog doesn't even like other dogs. It looks kinda fat so it should be fed properly. 

the state required we install video surveillance in the bar when we signed up for their video gaming platform back in 2013. we complied. a couple months ago, they decided they needed to have their own cameras installed in our business to monitor gameplay. i said "hell no" and that was the last i heard of it...until i noticed on saturday that a new camera was installed above the machines. pointing right out at the bar. are you fucking serious??

so i got on the phone and complained to our gaming manager. he says they're a requirement, that the cameras aren't transmitting back to the state and are only storing recordings locally, blah blah blah. i never agreed to let them go up and i have no idea when they were installed (no bartenders recall the work being done, it's like magic or some shit). i'm almost ready to have them pull it all out and just run without games going forward, but that chunk of cash is pretty handy right now while sales are down (thanks, covid). 

i talked them into moving the camera so it's pointing at the games only, not out at the bar and not into the customer seating area. but i'm still going to block them the next chance i get. we'll see how long before they throw a fit that their "un-monitored" surveillance cameras can't see anything. and that's when the lawsuits start.

• Like 3

Had to go to multiple stores to find cold stuff because they ended up dumped after the blackout. 

Fuck Kroger for putting Halloween candy at 70% off today because all I bought was candy instead of real food. A little kid was staring at my cart like he saw heaven.

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Haha 2