UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

Welp, my daughter has broken yet another phone....This makes #4 since Nov. 2018.....I would say she's doing it just to force me to come out of pocket for new ones, but tomorrow I'm getting her an early model Galaxy to replace it and making her save for whatever new one she wants.  You're 13....You save for Markaplier merch, you can save for your phone.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Radical Left said:

Welp, my daughter has broken yet another phone....This makes #4 since Nov. 2018.....I would say she's doing it just to force me to come out of pocket for new ones, but tomorrow I'm getting her an early model Galaxy to replace it and making her save for whatever new one she wants.  You're 13....You save for Markaplier merch, you can save for your phone.

yes. i just got the oldest his own phone about 2 months ago, and he already managed to crack the screen protector last week. i spent $300 on that phone (discontinued pixel 3a) and he knows if he breaks it, he's shelling out some cash from his own savings to fix or replace it. i did buy the protection at $6/mo so it will only cost him $75 for a repair/replacement. gotta make it sting a bit, but not completely drain his savings account in the process.

• Like 1

Luigi's Mansion 3 is so annoying. I can't believe this game is killing me but it's killing me in tricky ways ghosts would and I hate everyone. For real gripes about the game some puzzles can be obtuse or seem impossible upon first encounter. Decent game, but that god damn magician ghost got me hard every round. 

I'm ready for your tricks now. Who dies twice in Luigi's Mansion?

Edit: Round 2, not a scratch. Eat it you small magical ghosts.

Edited by RainyDayJizz#35

wife sprained her ankle on monday. she was pretty much helpless until thursday, and was just about back up to 100% by this morning....until she started complaining about feeling nauseous. now she's been running a 101+ fever since about lunchtime and also suffering from fatigue and whole-body soreness. no coughing/sore throat yet, so hopefully it's not the 'rona...

• Sad 1

I hate that the alt-right fucked up all discourse online because I just had to delete someone’s comment yesterday on the blog I write for adding as many ethnic slurs against Asians as they could. You know can still be frustrated at a slice-of-life anime without talking like the main character from Gran Torino.

Y'ever have one of those moments  of revelation and its just like "OMG... duh!" ?

That song by The Killers- "Somebody told me, that you had a boyfriend, who looked like a girlfriend, that I had in february  of last year... etc."?

I just realized the line was "Never thought I'd let a rumor ruin my whole life."

Legit spent like 10 years thinking the line was "Never thought I'd led a rumor rue in my whole life."

TF is a 'rumor rue'? IDK, but this dude sure  never led one.

Edited by SwimModSponges

13 hours ago, Poof said:

that still doesnt make any fucking sense

I guess you missed that it's practically a meme here that Scoob likes a bunch of posts. 

I am irked by the fact that I haven't republished my older books, so the publisher I left is the only place to find versions that the rights haven't completely reverted to me yet. So I get to see those books rack up royalties after I announce upcoming new books and be annoyed because those royalties will be paid months after they're due. I hate that my body is too weak to properly get those rights back right now and handle getting a new book ready for release. All this stupid body can do is one thing at a time. Yes, I know it would have been smarter to reissue those books first, but they stressed me out just thinking about them because I associate them with the clusterfuck that is my old publisher who fucked hundreds of authors over. I can finally look at those books again and plan out the editing changes, but again, this body can only do one fucking thing at a time. It's hard not to be upset because I have a lot of what struggling writers need like an audience and books people are asking for, but my health is shit. If I could just steadily get work done for once, I'd have a healthy stream of money and not have to worry about bills all the time. I get one nice thing like lower temps, and then my period hits which means my iron goes right back down after getting it up a little bit. Just grrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

I guess you missed that it's practically a meme here that Scoob likes a bunch of posts. 

I

I see 'likes' as a form of supporting someone who might need to feel that there is someone in their corner during their issues. It's a toss-up between Like and the sad react sometimes. 

I've had a noticeable headache since Saturday. The only reason to want to sneeze blood is that maybe I'd get to go home early from work. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I see 'likes' as a form of supporting someone who might need to feel that there is someone in their corner during their issues. It's a toss-up between Like and the sad react sometimes. 

I've had a noticeable headache since Saturday. The only reason to want to sneeze blood is that maybe I'd get to go home early from work. 

I'm just messing with Scoob. Sometimes when I use that react, I do actually mean the heart symbol and not just like.

I hate shaving, but I also hate facial hair (except for my stache and soul patch)....Letting the barber shave me is more comforting to my face, but I'm terrified the whole time....Like one day this dude can just flip out and carve me the fuck up....I guess there's nothing stopping him from doing it while he's cutting my hair...I'm sure the straight razor is still close by, but I feel like he might telegraph it a bit and I can see him in the mirror across the shop.

Something is very off in the area and I don't know what. 

This morning I found two monarch butterflies barely hanging on. I was able to hold them for a bit to help warm them from being on the ground and then got them to an east-facing tree to hang out in the rising sunlight. On the way to work, I found 5 more monarchs already dead on the sidewalks like they had just dropped out of the sky and died. On the way home, there was one more dead one right out in the open [ so it hadn't had time to get blown away ] and numerous dead bees in single dead bee form stretched for over a mile. There haven't been any mosquito spraying lately and even when there has been it never affected anything other than the mosquitos. There definitely hasn't been a cold snap of any kind and monarchs like the type of shitty humidity we had the other day. I don't think I've ever seen this many dead that weren't embedded in a truck grill. 

I do not like this. :| 

edit - have found out that vector control did do unannounced mass spraying in the area and used something stronger than they normally / should have used which pretty much killed a large portion of the monarchs in the area that were migrating through on their way to Mexico. :|  Way to go, assholes. 

• Sad 5

22 hours ago, scoobdog said:

You guys?

Oops. I had a buzz going when I typed that. Should have been singular.

But yeah, I just don't know how people notice such nuances. I don't find it to be a bad thing, just funny. I didn't even know my profile had "visitors" until someone made a thread about it.

Edit: Might as well add something while I'm here. I'm okay with wearing face coverings. Only problem: Getting mad heat rash from having to wear them all day. I look even more like a teenager now. :(

Edited by Gyaos

I fucked up my doctor appointment.

If you've been following my health (why wouldn't you be?) you'll know I made 3 appointments for new doctors bc I was paranoid that they'd refuse to see me, and w/ trump canceling the transgender health initiatives aka trans healthcare anti-discrimination law, I would have no recourse if they did.

You'll recall that 2 canceled the appointments ahead of time, and I was left with one. Well, I got which ones canceled mixed up. I thought the August 25th one canceled, and Sept 2nd was the remaining appointment. It was actually Sept 2nd that canceled, and so I missed Aug 25th appointment. They had my phone number and email wrong, so I got no confirmation calls or anything on the 24th.

I called today. They said it's okay. They scheduled me a new appointment with the doctor on Sept 17th. Here's the thing. I counted my pills. I have just enough hormones to get through Sept 16th. Sept 17th will be the first day I run out. Perfect timing.

This had me stressed and I cried as soon as I found out I fucked up the appointments, but everything is ok.

Fuck Trump. I'm voting in person. This vote is getting counted.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Something is very off in the area and I don't know what. 

This morning I found two monarch butterflies barely hanging on. I was able to hold them for a bit to help warm them from being on the ground and then got them to an east-facing tree to hang out in the rising sunlight. On the way to work, I found 5 more monarchs already dead on the sidewalks like they had just dropped out of the sky and died. On the way home, there was one more dead one right out in the open [ so it hadn't had time to get blown away ] and numerous dead bees in single dead bee form stretched for over a mile. There haven't been any mosquito spraying lately and even when there has been it never affected anything other than the mosquitos. There definitely hasn't been a cold snap of any kind and monarchs like the type of shitty humidity we had the other day. I don't think I've ever seen this many dead that weren't embedded in a truck grill. 

I do not like this. :| 

edit - have found out that vector control did do unannounced mass spraying in the area and used something stronger than they normally / should have used which pretty much killed a large portion of the monarchs in the area that were migrating through on their way to Mexico. :|  Way to go, assholes. 

Be careful this is the start of a horror movie for sure. Monitor the monarchs for noxious mutations.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Poof said:

Be careful this is the start of a horror movie for sure. Monitor the monarchs for noxious mutations.

This is North Dakota. The ambient radioactivity is higher here on average than it ever was when that nuclear power plant started melting down in Japan in 2011. -.-; So far, it's led to strange water during floods [ water that flows uphill for no known reason ] , stupid people still being able to have kids despite years of obviously being kicked in the balls for beer money, and apparently there's a very lush growth of very edible grape leaves somewhere along the river that shouldn't be there but are. 

I hate being so tired I could go to bed at 4p. And I don't want to take a nap because then I'd probably have issues staying asleep through the night. 

I also hate having to restart a project because the formula reacted differently than fully expected. 

1 hour ago, Poof said:

I fucked up my doctor appointment.

If you've been following my health (why wouldn't you be?) you'll know I made 3 appointments for new doctors bc I was paranoid that they'd refuse to see me, and w/ trump canceling the transgender health initiatives aka trans healthcare anti-discrimination law, I would have no recourse if they did.

You'll recall that 2 canceled the appointments ahead of time, and I was left with one. Well, I got which ones canceled mixed up. I thought the August 25th one canceled, and Sept 2nd was the remaining appointment. It was actually Sept 2nd that canceled, and so I missed Aug 25th appointment. They had my phone number and email wrong, so I got no confirmation calls or anything on the 24th.

I called today. They said it's okay. They scheduled me a new appointment with the doctor on Sept 17th. Here's the thing. I counted my pills. I have just enough hormones to get through Sept 16th. Sept 17th will be the first day I run out. Perfect timing.

This had me stressed and I cried as soon as I found out I fucked up the appointments, but everything is ok.

Fuck Trump. I'm voting in person. This vote is getting counted.

No one should ever have to go through this bullshit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

This is North Dakota. The ambient radioactivity is higher here on average than it ever was when that nuclear power plant started melting down in Japan in 2011. -.-; So far, it's led to strange water during floods [ water that flows uphill for no known reason ] , stupid people still being able to have kids despite years of obviously being kicked in the balls for beer money, and apparently there's a very lush growth of very edible grape leaves somewhere along the river that shouldn't be there but are. 

I hate being so tired I could go to bed at 4p. And I don't want to take a nap because then I'd probably have issues staying asleep through the night. 

I also hate having to restart a project because the formula reacted differently than fully expected. 

What do you do? This sounds like the start to another horror movie

47 minutes ago, Poof said:

What do you do? This sounds like the start to another horror movie

It isn't something I can get into details about since it's an active project but it involves heat, cold, plastics, and dye and the heat missed it's mark because of all the humidity here which caused the dye to not do what it was expected to do. So I have to wait for all the molds to completely cool in order to start over and maybe try a window approach which adds like half an hour to every piece and still might go funky monkey in the humidity. And I was really hoping to hit this solid and have 8 pieces curing by the end of today. 

At least the 4 'ruined' pieces aren't completely unusable. They are just annoying reminders until I can get the heat and dye to play nice. 

9 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

It isn't something I can get into details about since it's an active project but it involves heat, cold, plastics, and dye and the heat missed it's mark because of all the humidity here which caused the dye to not do what it was expected to do. So I have to wait for all the molds to completely cool in order to start over and maybe try a window approach which adds like half an hour to every piece and still might go funky monkey in the humidity. And I was really hoping to hit this solid and have 8 pieces curing by the end of today. 

At least the 4 'ruined' pieces aren't completely unusable. They are just annoying reminders until I can get the heat and dye to play nice. 

Mad scientist in a sci fi horror movie. I gotcha.

• Haha 2

Why do these sports websites let complete rubes write for them? No the team is not going to keep 30 players on offense out of their 53 man roster. They're not going to carry 6 runningbacks and only 4 D lineman. Base D is now basically dime, so no a 5th safety is not out of the question seeing as how they've carried one every year recently.  And that fourth offensive tackle whom they've signed TWO guys to replace when there have been injuries and have never even activated probably is not as serviceable as you think. How can you write about a team you clearly know so little about? Why do I continue reading these moronic articles?

• Thanks 1