UnevenEdge

Elon Musk now owns Twitter, apparently trying to run it into the ground

Jman

I think his plan was to say "The site is worth x amount, but there are y number of bots/spam accounts so I'm gonna pay much less than that." Then he would do what he's doing now: Charging for "verification" so all those bots/spam accounts will pay to look legit. Bonus points if they get banned and make a new account to do it again, which they definitely will.

It would have worked well if he didn't start in the hole, and his actions weren't going to wind up killing the platform.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

I think his plan was to say "The site is worth x amount, but there are y number of bots/spam accounts so I'm gonna pay much less than that." Then he would do what he's doing now: Charging for "verification" so all those bots/spam accounts will pay to look legit. Bonus points if they get banned and make a new account to do it again, which they definitely will.

It would have worked well if he didn't start in the hole, and his actions weren't going to wind up killing the platform.

Any lawyer would tell him that that's not how sight unseen deals work.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Any lawyer would tell him that that's not how sight unseen deals work.

Obviously, that's why he started in the hole to begin with.

There's also a lot of people saying that tanking the platform was his plan. Just imagine being so spiteful and rich that you can buy one of the largest social media platforms for the sole purpose of crashing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PenguinBoss said:

Obviously, that's why he started in the hole to begin with.

There's also a lot of people saying that tanking the platform was his plan. Just imagine being so spiteful and rich that you can buy one of the largest social media platforms for the sole purpose of crashing it.

Yes spending 44 billion to tank a social media platform and bolster platforms like *checks notes* Truth Social. Very brilliant. Especially when he used his own Tesla stocks as collateral. Master stroke.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PenguinBoss said:

Seems like that plan would fall apart when all the banks start issuing charge backs for all the stolen credit card info the bots would be using..

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Is Elon gonna get dragged before Congress for being dumb and costing a pharmaceutical company billions of dollars?  Fuck big Pharma, but still, Musk’s big brain ideas has resulted in chaos on a couple of levels.  Elon Musk is like an incompetent movie villain Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

That would take this straight from "You hate to see it" to "actually I would like to see it."

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Seight said:

That would take this straight from "You hate to see it" to "actually I would like to see it."

And his company,Tesla, just recalled some of their vehicles cuz they  suddenly lose power steering so it would be the perfect cherry in the shit sundae he created 

• Like 1

Twitter to become a bank.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/twitter-could-go-bankrupt-lose-billions-next-year-musk-tells-staff/

Twitter that works more like a financial institution, where digital payments are sent as easily as direct messages, creators can get paid more than they would on platforms like YouTube, and average users can generate higher interest on payments accounts held right there on Twitter.

“That’s definitely a direction we’re going to go in, enabling people on Twitter to be able to send money anywhere in the world instantly and in real time,” Musk confirmed, detailing plans to link debit cards to Twitter accounts and even issue checks to users so they can pay rent from their Twitter accounts.

“It sounds like more of a bank,” one employee noted. “Do you also foresee us loaning?”

Musk—who in the past two weeks has conducted business by riling key advertisers, threatening to diminish reach of Twitter’s top users' posts, and firing key staff in charge of key money-generating products—responded, “Well, if you want to provide a comprehensive service to people, then you can’t be missing key elements.”

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

yeah, that's a plan. Let the man-baby who impulse flashed $44 billion to buy a place that wasn't on sale to basically 'own the libs' and is now proceeding to gut it because he doesn't know anything have access to other people's money.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It’s only a matter of time before Elon Musk’s Twitter misadventures start to bleed into Tesla, especially since his ability to manage is being called into question.

Tesla stock has apparently been battered ever since the buyout of Twitter.

4 minutes ago, Jman said:

But GriftTube really thinks Twitter is "winning".  Winning the race to insolvency, maybe.

Betcha solving world hunger sounds really good right now.

I mean, Elon fanboys eat it up. The person could believe it if they're a dumb Elon fanboy themselves. This is what happens when billionaires are put on a pedestal and a cult of personality grows from it.

"They must be brilliant to have gotten all that money" is the dogma and cannot be questioned. Elon is so high on this that he fires anyone who questions him or can't keep up with his abusive work demands. Reality won't be so kind but even then he'll be lauded.

We saw the same exact thing happen with Trump and his fans.

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Jman said:

But GriftTube really thinks Twitter is "winning".  Winning the race to insolvency, maybe.

Betcha solving world hunger sounds really good right now.

I'm proud of the fact that I called this man's bullshit early on, but Jesus H. Christ on a cracker, I legit didn't think he was this horribly incompetent. Yeah, those Teslas that had to be sent back for fixes as soon as they arrived and other shenanigans I'd never seen from a car company in the US tipped me off, but this whole ass Twitter debacle is inspiring a bunch of college courses across different areas of study in real time all narrowing down to, "DON'T BE THIS ASSHOLE!" What is with this year of giant self-implosions?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

I'm proud of the fact that I called this man's bullshit early on, but Jesus H. Christ on a cracker, I legit didn't think he was this horribly incompetent. Yeah, those Teslas that had to be sent back for fixes as soon as they arrived and other shenanigans I'd never seen from a car company in the US tipped me off, but this whole ass Twitter debacle is inspiring a bunch of college courses across different areas of study in real time all narrowing down to, "DON'T BE THIS ASSHOLE!" What is with this year of giant self-implosions?

Bullshit people eventually implode because lies rarely stay hidden forever eventually the incompetence reveals itself 

At least that’s how I see it.  People were saying for a long time that Musk didn’t invent things as much as he just came in and took things over. His luck has run out but it’s only temporary. Even if he loses every penny he has banks will have no problem lending him more.  It’s gross. 

• Like 3

Musk got into a substantially underserved market with his cars, but with big companies playing catch up, it’s only a matter of time before Tesla loses that exclusivity shine.

I mean, even the new Prius looks ok.  The Prius!

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like any company, including the GMs, Toyotas, Stellantis', and Daimlers of the world, Tesla needs to innovate and they've done relatively poorly at that as of late.  The Cybertruck being the most recent visible failure, their industrial truck division has not produced notable results either and that's a fairly significant shortcoming given that other big names in that sector (Daimler, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Navistar International) have all been working on electric models.  It's really only a matter of time before Tesla becomes middle of the pack in all or most of its various markets and the companies shortcomings start to become glaring.

• Like 1