UnevenEdge

Elon Musk now owns Twitter, apparently trying to run it into the ground

Jman

5 hours ago, André Toulon said:

It's almost like when you take what works and try to change it to appease a few of your friends, the rest of the site base revolts....weird, that.

Muskrat has no idea what Twitter is like outside of his cult bubble and gave everyone a reason to collectively bully him and his followers.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, André Toulon said:

It's almost like when you take what works and try to change it to appease a few of your friends, the rest of the site base revolts....weird, that.

I think what makes it even worse is that he's changing the check mark, that already has an established purpose, to mean something else completely.

The way I see it, he's either intentionally trying to confuse people, or he's a fucking moron.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

I think what makes it even worse is that he's changing the check mark, that already has an established purpose, to mean something else completely.

The way I see it, he's either intentionally trying to confuse people, or he's a fucking moron.

I really think the only thing he knew about Twitter was people were making fun of him

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

Two things can be true.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

here's a thread that makes me want to delete everything off my phone and chuck it into the sea

We've known that we've been in a surveillance state since Snowden. It's either the convenience of a smartphone and no privacy, or no smartphone and privacy. Most people go with the former, myself included.

Well yes, but it's another thing to actually like see the intent spelled out in writing. 

Regardless, I pulled an Odin and uninstalled the app. On top of the data thing, everything I use it for can be done in a browser and the absence of push notifications will probably be a net positive on my mental health and attention span.

(*proceeds to boot up Pokemon GO*)

• Like 1

Sort of off-topic, but it's funny to me how when folks are discussing some incel who's stalking someone, a person in the replies goes, "I bet they're following Elon Musk." Folks go to their following list and sure enough among 20 names, there he is. I wasn't surprised to see them following Kanye too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Sort of off-topic, but it's funny to me how when folks are discussing some incel who's stalking someone, a person in the replies goes, "I bet they're following Elon Musk." Folks go to their following list and sure enough among 20 names, there he is. I wasn't surprised to see them following Kanye too.

It's not really surprising.  Musk uses much the same "language" as Incels because hyper masculinity is part of his persona.  For instance, he espouses "repopulating" despite the vast amount of evidence that population booms would have disastrous effect just about everywhere.  He also puts emphasis on decisive (if catastrophically misguided) action like his proposed peace plan for Ukraine.  He exhibits a lot of the same traits as any man who's compensating for his inadequacies in a very public way while hiding behind the successes of his underlings to justify it.

• Like 3