UnevenEdge

Elon Musk now owns Twitter, apparently trying to run it into the ground

Jman

12 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Hah. Near figured all y'all would want to lay low and let some other chumps try handling the chaos.

Realistically, I'd imagine the infrastructure is long gone. But man, what a trip that would be.

We're just all going in circles.

I've always said life is cyclical.  This would prove it.

Edited by Jman

5 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

I wonder if he said "I'm going to work you like mules," and "You won't be making more money," in the same breath.

As we all know, saying that to senior workers with both in-demand skills and who understand the importance of a work/life balance always works.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

😆 fuck whoever did this though cuz I loved Aeon Flux😆

9822875E-34B6-4FCF-A602-FEFEFE855A5A.jpeg

I was offended when I saw this because I was like you actually made him look kinda cool. Don't post him over Charlize Theron's fit ass!

One positive thing I'm getting out of this is that more people are starting to hate Jack Dorsey too. Yesss, spread the hate. He's deserved more lashings for years.

He been shown who he was.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I was offended when I saw this because I was like you actually made him look kinda cool. Don't post him over Charlize Theron's fit ass!

One positive thing I'm getting out of this is that more people are starting to hate Jack Dorsey too. Yesss, spread the hate. He's deserved more lashings for years.

He been shown who he was.

They made him look more cool than anything, absolutely. This is the type of thing he would retweet with pride and the message “look at my ass though” 😆

fuck all of them except the creator of MySpace.  All these social media creators failed miserably and still fail at stopping interference, misinformation and most importantly hate. Every single one of them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

He must be the most ginormous dick in the universe no one seems to want to work for him, at least not Twitter people 

When is the stampede of Musk bros coming to save the day?  Surely payment in basking in the glow of Elon’s Musky farts is enough of a payment for them? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

He must be the most ginormous dick in the universe no one seems to want to work for him, at least not Twitter people 

When is the stampede of Musk bros coming to save the day?  Surely payment in basking in the glow of Elon’s Musky farts is enough of a payment for them? 

You assume 1. They have the skills necessary to do these jobs and 2. That they genuinely were in love with the guy and not contrarian dickweeds that propped him up to support whatever cudgel they were using at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I know everyone is saying that Twitter is just going to up and vanish one day, but I don't see it. That kind of talk feels way to much like Y2K to me.

It may have bugs, but its just far too big for it to just collapse and turn off.

The problem is that we have a lot of points of failure with a severely reduced support team which guarantees longer downtimes and less reliability. And you have different teams that would handle said POFs. So they would need to essentially hire a contractor with no institutional knowledge to fix each issue like a leak in a barrel.

Here's a great thread outlining those many points of failure.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jman said:

You assume 1. They have the skills necessary to do these jobs and 2. That they genuinely were in love with the guy and not contrarian dickweeds that propped him up to support whatever cudgel they were using at the time.

I know it’s hard to read via text but I was totally being sarcastic 

• Thanks 1

Honestly, that seems more like Y2K to me again. Some things you can rule out. They wont be pushing new code because, well, there may not be anyone left to actually do that. So you can probably rule out any sort of downstream effect from those cases.

It also really matters on who has quit or been fired. The Payroll department and guy who codes the doors makes for some hilarious memes, but doesnt impact the bones of Twitter. You can always have a temp agency ready to go Monday morning to issue checks to people. It will be expense, but itll still happen.

Some of the reports that have been coming out show an atrocious manager to engineer ratio. Some of the more insane ones have said there could be as many as 10 managers to 1 engineer. Thats insane. I dont totally buy it, but its also pretty common for companies to get bloat at that level.

Again, im not saying that there arent going to be problems. But I think that everyone who is saying we will wake up and Twitter will simply be gone one day are just the new version of Y2K believers.

4 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Honestly, that seems more like Y2K to me again. Some things you can rule out. They wont be pushing new code because, well, there may not be anyone left to actually do that. So you can probably rule out any sort of downstream effect from those cases.

It also really matters on who has quit or been fired. The Payroll department and guy who codes the doors makes for some hilarious memes, but doesnt impact the bones of Twitter. You can always have a temp agency ready to go Monday morning to issue checks to people. It will be expense, but itll still happen.

Some of the reports that have been coming out show an atrocious manager to engineer ratio. Some of the more insane ones have said there could be as many as 10 managers to 1 engineer. Thats insane. I dont totally buy it, but its also pretty common for companies to get bloat at that level.

Again, im not saying that there arent going to be problems. But I think that everyone who is saying we will wake up and Twitter will simply be gone one day are just the new version of Y2K believers.

*Still doesn't like you but it's the holiday season*

Muskrat fucked around found out with his little ultimatum so entire divisions that handled this stuff are gone. I think I saw someone say that even the people who could train others to fix that stuff the way Twitter is set up are gone too.