UnevenEdge

Elon Musk now owns Twitter, apparently trying to run it into the ground

Jman

So, when Twitter is revealed to have lied about the number of bots, Elon will get to either; buy at a much lower price reflective of the true number of bots, or walk away entirely scot-free and leave Twitter to the tender mercy of advertisers who were grossly overcharged and are likely to be very litigious.

• D'oh 1

10 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

So, when Twitter is revealed to have lied about the number of bots, Elon will get to either; buy at a much lower price reflective of the true number of bots, or walk away entirely scot-free and leave Twitter to the tender mercy of advertisers who were grossly overcharged and are likely to be very litigious.

This shit is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ginguy said:

He was telling his mom this just the other day while she was reheating his bowl of Spaghetti-Os after his afternoon nap.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Where was the bot clause in the contract again? The one where he waived due diligence?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

Where was the bot clause in the contract again? The one where he waived due diligence?

Actually that would be the part of contract law where fraud on the part of one (or both) parties voids the contract, regardless of waiving due diligence.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I wonder what his game is now.  I suspect he's had enough self-owning and he needs a lot of the bad publicity to go away.  Also, could mean Tesla stock is about to crater.  Always a new adventure with him.

The game is that he had a scheduled deposition this week. 

So he had the choice of either going through with his first offer or having to stand trial and be deposed in the lawsuit.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jman said:

Looks like he’s going to buy it out.  Twitter stock is surging as a result.

So he was finally given enough proof of how much of the userbase is real and not bots.

Or, he realized the SEC was going to get on his entire ass because they felt he was manipulating the price of a publicly-traded company's stock with all this stupid bullshit.

...It's definitely at least one of those.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The game is that he had a scheduled deposition this week. 

So he had the choice of either going through with his first offer or having to stand trial and be deposed in the lawsuit.

Lol.  He’s so fucked I don’t think the deposition is going to make a difference.  He could go through most of the trial without making much of a difference.  No, Something else is creating a sense of urgency and I think it’s Tesla related.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Jman said:

Not like he had much of a choice.

Once he signed the initial offer this was always the end outcome. I figured his whole lawsuit was just a bid to lower the price, and it didnt work. Now we are right back to where we started, Elon having to buy Twitter at the original price.

On a side note, when the price crashed and then the lawsuit was announced I jumped all over Twitter stock. So I am pretty pleased with how this has gone down on a personal level :D. I wont make a ton, but it should be just about enough to cover my car payment next month. So Thanks Elon!

Edited by Master-Debater131

47 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

I would probably pull your money out now. Elon is going to completely kill Twitter.

Pulling the cash out at the sale price is usually the wisest choice, especially here where it’s clear most of the management is happy to dump this on Musk.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

I hope Twitter becomes a cesspool under Musk’s control (a worse cesspool than it is now) and users abandon ship in such huge numbers he will have no choice but to remove bullshit misinformation and lies. 

It's going to be abandoned from the additional concessions to advertisers alone. Its transformation into 4chan will just be the final race to the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1