Jump to content
UnevenEdge

Recommended Posts

Been thinking about adding a single banner ad to the site so we don't have to rely so much on donations. How do you guys feel about it?

I feel like most of you already use ad blockers so it'd only matter for the randos we get anyways.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K_N said:

Been thinking about adding a single banner ad to the site so we don't have to rely so much on donations. How do you guys feel about it?

I feel like most of you already use ad blockers so it'd only matter for the randos we get anyways.

I'm in that camp. Do ads work on just traffic, or do they only pay if someone clicks it? I have no idea how these things work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skiles said:

I'm in that camp. Do ads work on just traffic, or do they only pay if someone clicks it? I have no idea how these things work.

It depends on the type of ad, some are pay per impression, some are pay per click and some are only pay if the user clicks and buys something/signs up. In order of low to high from the value we'd get from each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K_N said:

It depends on the type of ad, some are pay per impression, some are pay per click and some are only pay if the user clicks and buys something/signs up. In order of low to high from the value we'd get from each.

I would be willing to disable ad block on this site. And if the ad is interesting, I might even click it. Why not, right?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll disable my ad block for the site if you want to do that and it's not like all over the page.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend ads on douches and links to infowars.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basic thoughts based on the 'what not to do' stuff I've seen elsewhere.

Single ad, non-invasive / non-hyper, static if possible that would only change with page refreshes instead of bunny-hugging the shit out of bandwidth and refusing to allow any of the site to physically load until it loads.

If places stuck to that, they'd be able to request their users to whitelist the place for the passive eyes without ruining the site experience and have a small but steady income on it. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TrigunBebop said:

I'd be fine with balloon ads.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crackymckrackin said:

Also ads for single hot k-pop girls in your area?

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna try it out. Ads should maybe start appearing only in the header of the page in a day or so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Basic thoughts based on the 'what not to do' stuff I've seen elsewhere.

Single ad, non-invasive / non-hyper, static if possible that would only change with page refreshes instead of bunny-hugging the shit out of bandwidth and refusing to allow any of the site to physically load until it loads.

If places stuck to that, they'd be able to request their users to whitelist the place for the passive eyes without ruining the site experience and have a small but steady income on it. 

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NaBernie2020 said:

I want way more ads than that

I'm sure Rainteacher would put some ads up here for his inventions if you asked nicely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, K_N said:

I'm gonna try it out. Ads should maybe start appearing only in the header of the page in a day or so.

@midnight

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a serious question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind pausing adblock for sites like this as long as I don't get bombarded with pop ups etc..  I think some size/resolution adjustments could be made still I paused adblock and it looked like the folder tabs got a bit stretched out or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I don't mind pausing adblock for sites like this as long as I don't get bombarded with pop ups etc..  I think some size/resolution adjustments could be made still I paused adblock and it looked like the folder tabs got a bit stretched out or something.

image.png

this is the only thing that should have changed, layout-wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, discolemonade said:

the actual page has to be shifted to fit the screen now. 

at least for me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, K_N said:

image.png

this is the only thing that should have changed, layout-wise

Yeah I get ya it might be the horrible resolution on my monitor that makes it look janky with the ad space banner not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of pushes everything to the right of my screen though. @midnight said he might be experiencing the same problem since his laptop screen is small. At any rate it looks fine with adblock on, and it might not even be an issue on mobile/ bigger better sized/ resolution monitors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Kind of pushes everything to the right of my screen though. @midnight said he might be experiencing the same problem since his laptop screen is small. At any rate it looks fine with adblock on, and it might not even be an issue on mobile/ bigger better sized/ resolution monitors.

Yeah it pushes everything to the right for me. But disco’s laptop is a lot bigger than mine and her’s is doing it as well. I’ll have to look into the ad blocker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 7:52 PM, katt_goddess said:

Basic thoughts based on the 'what not to do' stuff I've seen elsewhere.

Single ad, non-invasive / non-hyper, static if possible that would only change with page refreshes instead of bunny-hugging the shit out of bandwidth and refusing to allow any of the site to physically load until it loads.

If places stuck to that, they'd be able to request their users to whitelist the place for the passive eyes without ruining the site experience and have a small but steady income on it. 

Not that I come here that often, but basically this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On mobile the ads are throughout the thread. 

Top middle bottom 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Clu said:

Fuck ya!

Screenshot_20190423-074856_Chrome.jpg

I don't know if I should be more upset about this, or that I've gotten 3 ads for dating sites in a row.

Edited by mthor
5 now. I'm beginning to take this personally.
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry kn but these were coming up as blacklisted sites at work so I have to block them here. I have them unblocked at home still

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mthor said:

I don't know if I should be more upset about this, or that I've gotten 3 ads for dating sites in a row.

Fit singles in my area.

Horny single moms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clu said:

Fit singles in my area.

Horny single moms

Single dads, horny farmers, affluent elders...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

wait. was this an actual ad?

Lol you think I would made that up?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mthor said:

Single dads, horny farmers, affluent elders...

Hell fucking ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

I'm sure this will ano me soon...But I swear these are the best ads I've ever gotten

Yes. I most def need to get on Ashley Madison post haste 😆

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

I'm sure this will ano me soon...But I swear these are the best ads I've ever gotten

well...fuck offshore drilling. *sigh*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I guess you can't be picky for ad revenue but I'm a bit shocked that KN or Pat are cool with offshore drilling ads.

I didn't click it... Because fuck that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...