UnevenEdge

What is your dialect? Take this quiz.

Codename: Jackass

14 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I don't feel like taking a screenshot, but the dark red comes from all of California and a good chunk of Nevada, as well as Hawaii.

Which is pretty damn accurate.

Like mine? 

https://nyti.ms/2nb1CZZ

But my speech patterns vary a lot. I grew up in several different places due to my dad being in the Navy. I picked up several dialects i guess. 

Edited by KimopoBotar

Just now, KimopoBotar said:

I live pretty close to all of them. My work takes me to corona all the time. 

For me, the cities are San Jose, Fresno, and Corona. I have no idea about Corona. But I was born in San Jose and lived there until I was 12, then moved to Fresno and lived the vast majority of the rest of my life here so far. 

As for Hawaii, my dad was born there and lived there until he was 14.

8 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

For me, the cities are San Jose, Fresno, and Corona. I have no idea about Corona. But I was born in San Jose and lived there until I was 12, then moved to Fresno and lived the vast majority of the rest of my life here so far. 

As for Hawaii, my dad was born there and lived there until he was 14.

The weird thing for me is, my family is from the inland empire(back several generations on both sides), but I didn't grow up here. I grew up first is Washington and then in Hawaii, then came out here at 16. 

It's a weird feeling being from a place that you didn't grow up in. 

• Like 1

We don't have nearly as much blue as others tend to... Kind of a universalist We guess. There are a couple answers where We'd have liked to pick more than one option because We use terms interchangeably, and a lot of answers would have changed over time so it would also be interesting to see how that would affect the results but We're probably not going to invest any time into that. 

dialect.png

born to run, baby

Newark / Paterson

img213.png

What do you call the night before Halloween?

mischief night

Yonkers

img142.png

What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?

sunshower

Jersey City

img142.png

sunshower

58 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

born to run, baby

Newark / Paterson

img213.png

What do you call the night before Halloween?

mischief night

Yonkers

img142.png

sunshower

Jersey City

img142.png

sunshower

That tells me, you're a sheltered white boy......who's never left his hometown. With 3 HOAs.

My three prominent cities were Fresno, and Bakersfield, CA; and Durham, NC.

I grew up in Washington state.

However, given my extended family's subtle drawl, this doesn't strike me as too unusual a guess.

Edited by Bouvre

8 hours ago, Kweerie said:

We don't have nearly as much blue as others tend to... Kind of a universalist We guess. There are a couple answers where We'd have liked to pick more than one option because We use terms interchangeably, and a lot of answers would have changed over time so it would also be interesting to see how that would affect the results but We're probably not going to invest any time into that. 

dialect.png

Mine was very similar to this map as well [not going to screen cap and fart around with all that mess] .

Wichita, Tulsa, and Oklahoma City - what are three cities I have no reason to live in, let alone vist for 500, Alex.

7 hours ago, Mewn said:

Eh, just WI and CA, tho >_>

Hah! I win. :P

Old cyber security habits. I used to love things like this, because I could learn about people without them realizing, or simply have information about the area I was going to be in, so I could NOT stand out. I actually have 3 different accents because of it. 

1 minute ago, lupin_bebop said:

Hah! I win. :P

Old cyber security habits. I used to love things like this, because I could learn about people without them realizing, or simply have information about the area I was going to be in, so I could NOT stand out. I actually have 3 different accents because of it. 

I do that all the time with dummy Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat accounts.

5 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

I do that all the time with dummy Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat accounts.

Yeah.....that’s called “surveillance”, or “stalking”, in your case.

When you earn a paycheck for it, like I did, it’s called “research”.

5 minutes ago, lupin_bebop said:

Yeah.....that’s called “surveillance”, or “stalking”, in your case.

When you earn a paycheck for it, like I did, it’s called “research”.

It's called internet research, just making the point that cyber security isn't really that tough these days.

19 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

It's called internet research, just making the point that cyber security isn't really that tough these days.

Cyber security is not about proactive searching anymore. It’s more about the read each and setting the traps now. It’s easowr to let the dumbasses weed themselves out, like you. Which is why you keep getting banned from OKC and Zoosk.