UnevenEdge

Mass Shootings - The Discussion 4ever

Sawdamizer

57 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The problem isn’t just the assault rifle though the country has a gun problem period. When you can get a gun faster than a therapist it’s a problem and if we want effective change we can’t just focus on mass shootings alone because then you get the “b-b-but Chicago” people talking about gun violence but they use it as a means to do nothing.  Chicago is always the go to talking point on why gun restrictions don’t work but the truth is if we look at the numbers they actually do work

They also use any country with strong gun control too… but these are outlier examples and the issue as a whole is something we should be discussing… splicing data points to push a narrative is nothing new… Chicago isn’t the issue, we know that… they like to shit on lightfoot and her inability to manage I guess… 

Edited by Sawdy
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

They also use any country with strong hun control too… but these are outlier examples and the issue as a whole is something we should be discussing… splicing data points to push a narrative is nothing new… Chicago isn’t the issue, we know that… they like to shit on lightfoot and her inability to manage I guess… 

It’s true they do that but then why not push back with facts. The exact reason one side says nothing works is why we should push back with numbers stating they do work. Boebert wants to be a huge dumdum and point to Denmark showing gun control doesn’t work but their definition of mass shootings is different than our definition. By US definition Idt Denmark has ever had a mass shooting and if we used theirs we’d have over a thousand.   What we need to do is start pushing with guns being the issue. Not doors. Not mental health. Guns. Guns are the problem and the ease in which they can be obtained. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Because murdering “children” in the womb is the issue and not the actual murdering by guns in the classroom. These people should lose their Office immediately after saying dumb shit like this

D5764C5A-257C-4D50-93C1-CFF5D3B2157D.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

Security footage from Uvalde has been released. I'm not posting it, but some of the tamer stuff is shit like this:

Fucking lowest of the low pussies that should be brought up on charges for accessory to murder

• Like 5

“Editor's note: the sound of children screaming has been removed,” is one of the most haunting lines of text I’ve had to read.

The unedited version should play in front of every politician who was paid by a gun lobbyist just so they know where each dime they spend comes from. It should be played any time someone comes forward to hand-wring about how the police should be militarized and omnipresent to stop crime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

“Editor's note: the sound of children screaming has been removed,” is one of the most haunting lines of text I’ve had to read.

The unedited version should play in front of every politician who was paid by a gun lobbyist just so they know where each dime they spend comes from. It should be played any time someone comes forward to hand-wring about how the police should be militarized and omnipresent to stop crime. 

Fucking Amen.

pretty fucking pathetic of a user here to applaud her right to own any weapon to kill as many people as she wants….

• Thanks 3

On 7/6/2022 at 8:38 PM, Sawdy said:

Billy didn’t catch the memo that it was a white skinny fascist bitch

D90E132D-01A6-461B-A266-90EDCAA008B4.jpeg

hey...so fun side note. 

did you know that in 1937, the first attempt at an anti lynching law failed to pass. 

then again in 1940, and not until 2018 did it pass senate, (the house did nothing with this)  2020 when a revised edition   passed the house. and finally.

FINALLY mar. 2022 if finally passed both senate and the house. and finally signed into law. 

1981 was the last ^recorded^ lynching ~ michael donald. 

• Like 3

If any of you all are interested, Highland Park, IL resident Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) will be having a concert to raise money for the victims of the shooting there (with other performers).  It will be live streamed on the Smashing Pumpkins Youtube channel.

image.png.6af4c9d20d06adadaaf4a4f9700c2f19.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

it happened. it finally happened. a kid at the high school here, was found with a weapon on his person. a pistol/revolver? no ammo no incident in disarming and apprehending the kid. 

now.....the thing is. the school sent NO notifications out. in fact. kids sent text to their parents, the news in savannah got ahold of the report. the BOE put out a facebook message 2 hours later and then finally 4 hours later, parents r'cvd text/phone notifications. 

• Sad 4

On 8/3/2022 at 9:58 PM, discolé monade said:

it happened. it finally happened. a kid at the high school here, was found with a weapon on his person. a pistol/revolver? no ammo no incident in disarming and apprehending the kid. 

now.....the thing is. the school sent NO notifications out. in fact. kids sent text to their parents, the news in savannah got ahold of the report. the BOE put out a facebook message 2 hours later and then finally 4 hours later, parents r'cvd text/phone notifications. 

The lack of judgement and action speaks volumes in their emergency response procedures…. Id be showing up to the next board meeting and raising hell…. But, expect the below 👇 

1FA4799D-E176-49A9-BA85-51923759436C.png

• Like 4

On 8/5/2022 at 6:13 AM, Sawdy said:

The lack of judgement and action speaks volumes in their emergency response procedures…. Id be showing up to the next board meeting and raising hell…. But, expect the below 👇 

1FA4799D-E176-49A9-BA85-51923759436C.png

and the ironic thing is, the paper did an article a couple weeks ago about the boe doing a drill and preparedness, boasting a new chief of security. 

and a front page article this week introducing him, (the paper is only 1/week, )

we still homeschool, but my little gran starts prek on monday. 

• Sad 1

Fuck I'll be honest I forgot about a lot of these because we have SO FUCKING MANY.

Reading this thread just made me sad all over again. 

Fucking dumbass ass old white men who are clinging to power anyway they can using people who have been lied too their whole lives as a stepping stone to keep said power. 

• Like 1

While playing my litlle mobile merge game, i get an ad to Goat Guns....collectible, miniature, "heavy af" model guns.

Now, granted....my ads are probably associated more with my google than this game, but the ad was such a tone shift.  I cant find the ad to share it but apparently they rerun their live streams on a loop

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New preventative measure in Texas- students are required to submit DNA so that if their bodies are unrecognizable due to being shredded apart by bullets, the school district will be able to know which families to send thoughts and prayers to.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-schools-send-parents-dna-kits-identify-kids-bodies-emergencies-rcna52887

• Sad 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

Allegedly some dude named Anderson Lee Aldrich. Apparently someone the girl follows is updating this story and she and her friend are having a phone Convo about it so I'm invested by association 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

Who woulda thought that demonizing an entire group of people, along with practically unrestricted access to guns would have led to this. Only if there was some way this could have been prevented

Colorado gets elected officials that do shit like this instead 

2912B12A-9F1E-4DDC-8908-FD39ABE22B44.jpeg

• Like 1

Let's not be so quick to forget about the real victims here - the hypothetical innocent bystander children who may or may not have been exposed to that drag show, or any other public displays of humans exhibiting nontraditional gender roles, and had their fragile young minds forever warped by The Queer Agenda's systematic grooming initiatives.

You know, that completely real and allegedly dire insane conspiracy that Republicans are always gravely insisting is systematically inflicting grave harm on children, the one that directly leads to right wing lunatics doing massacres like this. The same way they goad nuts and freaks into shooting up abortion clinics with their incendiary religious rhetoric and high intensity weird tears, imploring them to Do Something to save the children, "No More Baby Parts," etc. 

• Like 2