UnevenEdge

Mass Shootings - The Discussion 4ever

Sawdamizer

And no matter how bad local cops fuck up there's always state and federal cops to back up their bullshit and cover as much cop ass as possible. Fortunately in this case there's video so their lies can't go uncontested but I doubt we'll get anything out of this other than maybe a limited hangout for the commanding officer guy and yet more funding for the police, as always. 

Maybe these cops just need more military grade weapons and to go train with the IDF in Israel like so many other American police departments do, ingrain that warzone occupying soldier mentality /s

Edited by Nablonsky

Mass shooting in Harlem.  9 shot one dead the other 8 are expected to survive. I guess they were lucky it was a handgun?  I know there’s people that think “see gun laws don’t work there’s so many shootings in NYC, CHI, and what other city gun nuts like to vomit out as to why restrictions don’t work. 

I’m gonna briefly explain why those assholes are wrong.  The guns are purchased legally in states with lax laws and illegally sold in those places. So yeah these restrictions would work if not for the surrounding states full of Yosemite Sams. 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/six-shot-overnight-in-harlem/3740970/?amp

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nablonsky said:

I remember you said basically the same sentiment a couple weeks ago.

I don’t remember it probably wasn’t me although I’m currently in my “I’m so disgusted with everything” bag. Cuz I am. One side is bat shit and the other is scared of its own shadow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nagakiba said:

You need me. Actually got some good progress going in the dialogue around here.

Just suspicion....I guess you call that dialogue too tho...anything to get people to waste thier time engaging you.

Which you've once again proved to anyone seeking mental help....if you were BoS before you damn sure should be now

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

Oh, there was another mass shooting thread before this one....was it sent to the pit or is it just locked somewhere in rants.....

Rhetorical because I'm going to look now.

I thought this was the only thread it just had a title adjustment 

12 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Nothing more patriotic than a mass shooting.  Just seems appropriate. None of this bullshit cosplay with fireworks.  We’re using firearms like our founding fathers intended. /s 💩

Nothing more American 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Nothing more American 

Sad af but it’s true.  I haven’t wished anyone a happy 4th cuz it doesn’t feel like we should be celebrating our independence while a court of appointed assholes shaped our nation into the republic of Gilead ☹️

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Sad af but it’s true.  I haven’t wished anyone a happy 4th cuz it doesn’t feel like we should be celebrating our independence while a court of appointed assholes shaped our nation into the republic of Gilead ☹️

Ehh .... we've never been super into the 4th so it's not really much different here. 

1 minute ago, ghostrek said:

a 4th of July shooting at a 4th of July parade seems politically motivated to me or even of  act of insurgency

It's actually the easiest thing for an asshole to do because there's automatically a bunch of people in a small area and the sound of fireworks would have covered the shots.

This was some asshole celebrating his right to own a gun by shooting a bunch of people at a parade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, katt_goddess said:

It's actually the easiest thing for an asshole to do because there's automatically a bunch of people in a small area and the sound of fireworks would have covered the shots.

This was some asshole celebrating his right to own a gun by shooting a bunch of people at a parade.

odd because  I was at a parade earlier today with a bunch of people I didn't and no one did the shooting and 90% of the parade goers had guns at home safe bet I guess the say where I'm from

45 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

odd because  I was at a parade earlier today with a bunch of people I didn't and no one did the shooting and 90% of the parade goers had guns at home safe bet I guess the say where I'm from

Not every parade needs a nitwit.

This one just happened to have one. 

56 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

C4C32C10-26B3-4BCD-BF4F-BDAD97EB38AA.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tsar4 said:

There's a good proportion of the community that is Jewish.  The "suspect's" father once ran for mayor there.

Mass shooters all have a “social justice” they rationalize is a valid reason to mass murder that almost always is underlied by bigotry.

• Like 1

I’m in the middle of a conversation online rn where someone is telling me adding suicide to gun death numbers skews the numbers and isn’t fair. Basically this person just want person on person crime to be included in gun deaths because that way his point that areas with less gun control have less gun violence and death cuz for some reason suicide isn’t a violent act?  

interesting article CNN but still interesting 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/05/26/politics/gun-violence-data-what-matters/index.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m in the middle of a conversation online rn where someone is telling me adding suicide to gun death numbers skews the numbers and isn’t fair. Basically this person just want person on person crime to be included in gun deaths because that way his point that areas with less gun control have less gun violence and death cuz for some reason suicide isn’t a violent act?  

interesting article CNN but still interesting 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/05/26/politics/gun-violence-data-what-matters/index.html

I mean, it does boil down to mental health in a sense, and someone that is suicidal, truly suicidal will kill themselves…. But access to automatic rifles doesn’t come in to that part of the discussion because people aren’t shooting themselves with AK 47s

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sawdy said:

I mean, it does boil down to mental health in a sense, and someone that is suicidal, truly suicidal will kill themselves…. But access to automatic rifles doesn’t come in to that part of the discussion because people aren’t shooting themselves with AK 47s

The problem isn’t just the assault rifle though the country has a gun problem period. When you can get a gun faster than a therapist it’s a problem and if we want effective change we can’t just focus on mass shootings alone because then you get the “b-b-but Chicago” people talking about gun violence but they use it as a means to do nothing.  Chicago is always the go to talking point on why gun restrictions don’t work but the truth is if we look at the numbers they actually do work

• Like 1