UnevenEdge

Mass Shootings - The Discussion 4ever

Sawdamizer

If those people had ARs, they'd be alive

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/catastrophic-scene-inside-tulsa-medical-building-where-five-people-died-in-mass-shooting/article_516e3146-e202-11ec-a54e-f71a222d5302.html

Should have gotten one an hour before, just like the shooter....

I swear I'm on the fence of funny and sad now....like this HAS to be a joke, right.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

If those people had ARs, they'd be alive

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/catastrophic-scene-inside-tulsa-medical-building-where-five-people-died-in-mass-shooting/article_516e3146-e202-11ec-a54e-f71a222d5302.html

Should have gotten one an hour before, just like the shooter....

I swear I'm on the fence of funny and sad now....like this HAS to be a joke, right.

So you get mad that you're in pain after surgery and decide .... okay Imma go kill the fucking surgeon??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

He killed a couple of patients too. I guess he thought he was doing them a favor? Killing then before they went through wtf the shooter went through? 😬🤷‍♀️

And another doctor too. 

They just happened to be there. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

He killed a couple of patients too. I guess he thought he was doing them a favor? Killing then before they went through wtf the shooter went through? 😬🤷‍♀️

Maybe he thought they were in the way, trying to stop him from killing the doctor.

I don't necessarily have sympathy for the guy, but I also can't imagine what it's like to be in constant pain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Maybe he thought they were in the way, trying to stop him from killing the doctor.

I don't necessarily have sympathy for the guy, but I also can't imagine what it's like to be in constant pain.

It wasn't even a whole day. I can tell you it was painful AF to get up after my c-section and not once did I think .... Okay Imma go kill the OBGYN for this. 

• Like 3

I dunno. I try to be compassionate but I can't understand how you can go on a shooting spree and fuck all of these people' s lives up ... Especially the people who didn't have anything to do with anything.

I dont have compassion for mass shooters and people who sexually abuse children.  

25 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Every day is a new adventure in what you can and can't do. And every day requires a sort of re-evaluating of what the priorities are for that day in order to work around whatever misfire is going on with your system. It also requires having some sort of outlet that helps to alleviate the stresses that can build up that always seem to magnify the pain issues. And that outlet should not be drugs because once you rely only on drugs for relief, you lose. Drugs stop working after a while and then you don't even have that occasional relief. And it shouldn't be grabbing a gun. Some people just never seem to find their outlet. They just let the pain eat them, take over and isolate them. 

As for this dude, one day after a surgery and he goes on a rampage because he hurts? I'm just going to say it - either he was drug seeking and denied or he was a massive pussy just looking for a reason to shoot people. I don't think I've ever had a surgery that didn't make me hate life for at least a couple of days. I didn't go on a physical rampage over it.

I may or may not have stomped entire Goomba worlds flat in 'Super Mario Galaxy 2' but I did that from a pillow fort on my bed. 

• Like 1

I was listening to TYT and they claim polls show that a majority of Americans want to arm teachers. I have a hard time believing that.  The people accused of grooming if they explain gender neutrality, or brainwashing if they teach accurate history, are the same people you want armed to protect children?  That makes no sense.  Teachers should not be armed. That shouldn’t be the solution to the school shooting epidemic. 

I was telling my dad today if the SCOTUS strikes down any regulations on guns as an infringement we are gonna have to arm ourselves. I’ll definitely be getting a gun for my home. I’m not gonna play guessing games in a city of several millions of people on whether or not they’re armed.  

39 minutes ago, Vamped said:

It wasn't even a whole day. I can tell you it was painful AF to get up after my c-section and not once did I think .... Okay Imma go kill the OBGYN for this. 

The point really isn't to be empathetic to the guy, just to have some ability to rationalize it in a way that is approachable.  I have no idea what the doctor suggested to him following any of his calls, but the fact he was still in pain almos two weeks after the surgery at least raises the specter that his symptoms were dismissed because of his skin color.

Edited by scoobdog

6 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Every day is a new adventure in what you can and can't do. And every day requires a sort of re-evaluating of what the priorities are for that day in order to work around whatever misfire is going on with your system. It also requires having some sort of outlet that helps to alleviate the stresses that can build up that always seem to magnify the pain issues. And that outlet should not be drugs because once you rely only on drugs for relief, you lose. Drugs stop working after a while and then you don't even have that occasional relief. And it shouldn't be grabbing a gun. Some people just never seem to find their outlet. They just let the pain eat them, take over and isolate them. 

As for this dude, one day after a surgery and he goes on a rampage because he hurts? I'm just going to say it - either he was drug seeking and denied or he was a massive pussy just looking for a reason to shoot people. I don't think I've ever had a surgery that didn't make me hate life for at least a couple of days. I didn't go on a physical rampage over it.

I may or may not have stomped entire Goomba worlds flat in 'Super Mario Galaxy 2' but I did that from a pillow fort on my bed. 

The surgery was on May 19th.  He was released on the 24th, so it was actually a little over a week after discharge.

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The point really isn't to be empathetic to the guy, just to have some ability to rationalize it in a way that is approachable.  I have no idea what the doctor suggested to him following any of his calls, but the fact he was still in pain almos two weeks after the surgery at least raises the specter that his symptoms were dismissed because of his skin color.

Im always on tge fence about these shooting stories involving black shooter because i think it lemds to a narrative, but then i remember that idgaf who shot a bunch of innocent people.  

I think it comes from the fact that ive had to run from bullets more than one and every time, someone who did nothing gets shot.

I have guns....several....not a lot, 5 in all. But not a single auto weapon and thats because i dont need one. If im up against something 2 or 3 rounds cant stop, then it will probably win.....but i feel safe at home none the less.

I would go onto why i havent applied for open carry, but i think thats obvious

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The surgery was on May 19th.  He was released on the 24th, so it was actually a little over a week after discharge.

That's what I get for not being able to read the first link [ adblocker issues and I wasn't about to unblock anything ]. -.-;

Just read vamped's NPR link though. Back surgery hurts. It's a back. And it takes months to get normal. Because it's a BACK. Apparently it didn't hurt enough because he had the energy to go get weapons and blast people. So I'm still sticking with the pain seeking / pussy remark since I still think it applies. 

7 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Im always on tge fence about these shooting stories involving black shooter because i think it lemds to a narrative, but then i remember that idgaf who shot a bunch of innocent people.  

I think it comes from the fact that ive had to run from bullets more than one and every time, someone who did nothing gets shot.

I have guns....several....not a lot, 5 in all. But not a single auto weapon and thats because i dont need one. If im up against something 2 or 3 rounds cant stop, then it will probably win.....but i feel safe at home none the less.

I would go onto why i havent applied for open carry, but i think thats obvious

It's a part of narrative because the main driver behind the misapplied zero-sum framework has its roots in the explicitly racist "Good Guys with Guns" fable.

• D'oh 1

37 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

But he went to see the doctor at his office then came back and shot it up the next day

42 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

two weeks after the surgery at least raises the specter that his symptoms were dismissed because of his skin color.

Im less likely believe this because the doctor was black. Not saying it didn't play an issue 

27 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Im less likely believe this because the doctor was black. Not saying it didn't play an issue 

It probably doesn't matter given we're not trying to legitimize the action.  Every mass shooter has a reason without a justification, and some reasons are easier to comprehend than others.

I'm a little more concerned with what Buddy pointed out and this being an easy issue for racists to link to their beliefs about violence and minorities.  If it's somewhat easier to comprehend that a man acted on severe pain, it becomes less easy to push the narrative of a black man acting out of base instincts.

• D'oh 1

......this.... particular member of my family, is so fucking stupid.

This would be valid if katanas we're allowed in school or even if there were a slew of katana related deaths.....but guess what....there isn't.

So I went ahead and blocked him....not because he's a gun nut....at one time, we all were....but because this is just light-years of logical pants shittery

Screenshot_20220606-000545~2.png

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, André Toulon said:

......this.... particular member of my family, is so fucking stupid.

This would be valid if katanas we're allowed in school or even if there were a slew of katana related deaths.....but guess what....there isn't.

So I went ahead and blocked him....not because he's a gun nut....at one time, we all were....but because this is just light-years of logical pants shittery

Screenshot_20220606-000545~2.png

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

Not sure this is relevant to American shooters. Nigeria is in the grip of a low scale civil war between militant groups fighting each other over religion and ethnic resentments. It's been going on for decades and terrorism for political purposes has been one of the common practices. Plus, there's not been anything about their guns being American in origin. Russia, China and Europe as well as the US have pretty much kept the area awash in guns. 

5 hours ago, ZoomBubba said:

Not sure this is relevant to American shooters. Nigeria is in the grip of a low scale civil war between militant groups fighting each other over religion and ethnic resentments. It's been going on for decades and terrorism for political purposes has been one of the common practices. Plus, there's not been anything about their guns being American in origin. Russia, China and Europe as well as the US have pretty much kept the area awash in guns. 

The connection doesn’t necessarily have to be a direct.  It’s a behavior that’s spreading. They claim they’ve never had such an incident before. In the US it’s not uncommon to attack people in places of worship.  We’ve had a handful of such incidents.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow 44% of republicans think mass shootings is just something we have to live with now because that’s the price of freedom 

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/06/us-mass-shootings-republicans-poll

Among Democrats, 85% said mass shootings could be stopped if US politicians would only try. Among independents, the figure was 73%. Overall, it was 72%.

But 44% of Republicans said mass shootings should be accepted as part of a free society.

Following strict messaging guidelines, Republican politicians repeatedly say mental health and security issues are to blame for mass shootings, not access to guns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow 44% of republicans think mass shootings is just something we have to live with now because that’s the price of freedom 

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/06/us-mass-shootings-republicans-poll

Among Democrats, 85% said mass shootings could be stopped if US politicians would only try. Among independents, the figure was 73%. Overall, it was 72%.

But 44% of Republicans said mass shootings should be accepted as part of a free society.

Following strict messaging guidelines, Republican politicians repeatedly say mental health and security issues are to blame for mass shootings, not access to guns.

if we don’t pay that buck oh five… who willllllll

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

Republican members of Congress will continue to cry about the phrasing “domestic terrorism” when referring to white nationalists because that’s the most important thing here.  It’s most important that white and terrorism are never used in the same sentence. Nothing will change 

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The connection doesn’t necessarily have to be a direct.  It’s a behavior that’s spreading. They claim they’ve never had such an incident before. In the US it’s not uncommon to attack people in places of worship.  We’ve had a handful of such incidents.  

Attacks like the one on the church using guns in Nigeria go back more than 20 years, so either the person who made the "never" comment is incorrect or you misinterpreted what they were saying. Houses of worship have been common targets in the ongoing conflict between Christians and Muslims over the last 25 years in Nigeria. It's a conflict with dozens of massacres that have left thousands of people dead, usually through the use of gunmen attacking schools, churches and other gathering places ... which has always been the strategy of terrorists. 

There's no evidence that the attackers were even aware of school shootings in the US, and why would they be?

Edited by ZoomBubba
  • D'oh 1

14 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

Attacks like the one on the church using guns in Nigeria go back more than 20 years, so either the person who made the "never" comment is incorrect or you misinterpreted what they were saying. Houses of worship have been common targets in the ongoing conflict between Christians and Muslims over the last 25 years in Nigeria. It's a conflict with dozens of massacres that have left thousands of people dead, usually through the use of gunmen attacking schools, churches and other gathering places ... which has always been the strategy of terrorists. 

There's no evidence that the attackers were even aware of school shootings in the US, and why would they be?

I did not misunderstand and why wouldn’t it be known?  You don’t think they have world news in Nigeria?

out of 21 incidents 3 occurred in churches and yes there’s a lot of upheaval in the region and I’m sure the US hasn’t helped at all  

E209706E-9F74-4FC3-84C4-B020203CC841.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I did not misunderstand and why wouldn’t it be known?  You don’t think they have world news in Nigeria?

E209706E-9F74-4FC3-84C4-B020203CC841.jpeg

So, where are they claiming there's a connection to the US? 

They aren't because this is part in a wider scale conflict in which similar attacks targeting houses of worship, schools and businesses have been going on for decades, escalating when the Boko Haram conflict began. 

Nigeria is constantly ranked one of the top 10 countries for terrorism in the Global Terrorism Index and it's not unusual for dozens of people to die in a single attack: Global Terrorism Index | Countries most impacted by terrorism (visionofhumanity.org)

Terrorist attack these places because they inspire fear and offer a lot of victims.

9 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

So, where are they claiming there's a connection to the US? 

They aren't because this is part in a wider scale conflict in which similar attacks targeting houses of worship, schools and businesses have been going on for decades, escalating when the Boko Haram conflict began. 

Nigeria is constantly ranked one of the top 10 countries for terrorism in the Global Terrorism Index and it's not unusual for dozens of people to die in a single attack: Global Terrorism Index | Countries most impacted by terrorism (visionofhumanity.org)

Terrorist attack these places because they inspire fear and offer a lot of victims.

They aren’t and the reason why it was posted here and why I said what I said about the USA being a cancer that spreads is obviously beyond your type of thinking so I’m not getting into this with you further. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

More importantly, attempting to control gun ownership isn't an indictment on guns, it's an acknowledgement that people can't be trusted to use guns properly. Any such incident is a reminder that when guns are out there, there remains the spectre of someone using them for their own selfish and destructive purposes.

• Like 1