UnevenEdge

Mass Shootings - The Discussion 4ever

Sawdamizer

12 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

We know that no one is going to be able to go to everyone's house and take all of their precious fast shooting toys that hold 700 rounds, bit the idea is to not make it so easy for an 18 year old to buy an arsenal on his birthday like it's his first beer 

Yeah they're talking about raising the minimum age of buying a rifle to 21 which makes a ton of sense given how much gun violence is perpetrated teenagers and men in their early 20's, but it seems highly unlikely to gain traction in most states, and certainly not at the federal level. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/26/gun-buying-age-texas-handguns-rifles-uvalde/

Following Tuesday’s massacre at Robb Elementary School, which killed 19 children and two adults, a growing number of lawmakers in Texas and beyond are calling for the minimum age to purchase assault rifles to be raised to 21 from 18. Doing so would require undoing nearly two centuries of more permissive regulations on so-called long guns.

“It’s something that could happen at either the state or federal level, but I don’t see movement on either front,” said Sandra Guerra Thompson, a criminal law professor at the University of Houston Law Center.

Only six states — Florida, Washington, Vermont, California, Illinois and Hawaii — have increased the minimum purchase age for long guns to 21, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. The majority did so following the 2018 massacre in Parkland, Florida, where a then-19-year-old assailant killed 17 people at a high school.

After the shooting in Uvalde this week, lawmakers in New York and Utah also called on their states to raise the age limit for long gun purchases to 21. U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced federal legislation earlier this month — less than a week before the Uvalde shooting — that would raise the minimum age to purchase assault weapons to 21 from 18; the California Democrat said in a statement that it was in response to a shooting that killed 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket. That gunman also was 18 years old.

“It makes no sense that it’s illegal for someone under 21 to buy a handgun or even a beer, yet can legally buy an assault weapon,” she said.

6 hours ago, Top Gun said:

If you feel the need to own an item that is solely designed to kill large numbers of people quickly, then you are mentally disturbed. Full stop.

And I love that line of thinking. "We can't possibly stop all of the wrong people getting guns, so we shouldn't do anything to stop any of them." It's defeatist bullshit.

If someone tries to kill me im going to try to kill them. Full stop.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Poof said:

If someone tries to kill me im going to try to kill them. Full stop.

Nobody is saying to throw away self defense.

Vigilantism, on the other hand, is typically viewed as one of the worst ways to deal with it. Like every job I've ever had ever strictly teaches evacuation or getting to a safe spot out of view (locked door with barricades being ideal), and explicitly advise against engaging the shooter unless it's a last resort.

The mere act of taking a gun out is also extremely dangerous in that situation. Police strictly recommend against doing so because if you have s gun out during an active shooter situation, cops can easily mistake you for the shooter.

For real, your suggestions on this are all escalations. It's like you looked at what the police themselves ask you to do for the safety of yourself and those around you, and you decided to do the exact opposite at every turn. Bring armed officers to guard schools=more guns. If the presence of guns increase the likelihood of violence, the more guns part of your suggestion is liable to create more shootings. Convenient you have yet to acknowledge the fact that guns create tension, and the more tension the more people lose their shit.

Being surrounded by armed guards all the time as a kid would be basically traumatizing. The amount of paranoia that would spark from it would be unreal.

Edited by naraku360
  • Thanks 1

Just now, discolé monade said:

how do you know that? 

Spending too much time on Twitter... Also why in the world would you just be willing to believe some random post on the internet, especially a tale that sounds as absurd as that one does. "People get hurt and disappear all the time" gtfoh

Here's a CNN reporter asserting it's fake. 

19 hours ago, Poof said:

They can be made more secure without adding more cops, but I think you should do both.

The government lets private companies build nuclear power plants which are more than capable of being used as a weapon of mass destruction by sabotaging it. And if it’s your plant, it probably wouldn’t be all that hard to pull off. Scary.

Personally I wouldn’t mind owning a couple phalanx CIWS

You’re kinda of going in this more weapons to defeat the weapons direction that I completely disagree with because on several occasions there have been “good guys with guns” rendered impotent by the “bad guys with the guns” also this notion that because bad things happen or will continue to happen that means we really shouldn’t do anything other than more guns bigger guns bigger people holding guns.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nablonsky said:

What if it's to defend yourself from someone wielding an assault rifle?

The type of assholes who wave around AR-15s in public wouldn't have a goddamn clue what to do with them in an actual emergency situation.

• Like 1

Our police forces already have weapons like ar15s and body armor and all that shit some even have fuckin tanks so idk. Can’t defund the police and militarize them simultaneously nor should we continue to allow the police to militarize further 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nablonsky said:

What if it's to defend yourself from someone wielding an assault rifle?

Aren't your good guy with a gun links there to prove that it doesn't take an AR. The ggwag doesn't usually have a people processor in hand

You're just fucking up consistently now....go have a nappypoo and come back.

• Haha 2

Speaking to local lawmakers, Mr Biden also said that he was “looking to get real money for healthcare” for the grieving community members.

“This is a community that is going to need therapy. There is one psychiatrist in Uvalde, very few mental health therapists. We’re going to change that. It is a must,” said Mr Gutierrez.

Nothing to make it less difficult or expensive for people to attain advanced degrees let alone live/survive let alone afford healthcare, just endless token PR moves, more democrats democratting here. 

• D'oh 1

31 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Ah, no school shootings if there's no school.

Clever.

Big brain shit.

also, no reason to keep wound open… it’s important to bury it as soon as possible.

a new, much bigger school.. with ar15s on every guard… or so certain psychos here would want to achieve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

[ I couldn't get that link to open so I'm just assuming it's similar to one in my inbox right now so I'm just going to be Captain Obvious on this. I'm feeling the need to be cringey for some reason. ]

Destroying places of horrible events [ or at the very least renovating the absolute crap out of them ] is fairly common. Especially with schools since any of the littles that survived are going to have PTSD attending the same rooms and halls that they last saw splattered. It's likely the only full comment that can be made right now that actually will get done while all the various mistakes and bullshit are being investigated. 

• Like 1

At least a dozen people died from gun violence over the weekend in Philadelphia 

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/05/30/philadelphia-shooting-gun-violence-child-shot/?amp

At least 30 people died from gun violence across the country this Memorial Day weekend 

https://nypost.com/2022/05/30/over-30-people-dead-from-gun-violence-during-memorial-day-weekend-across-us/amp/

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Probably hand guns mostly 

See so far all I've heard are witness accounts on the radio, and they are all hysterical (not the funny hysterical) and just people saying bullets were everywhere. So while I'm also assuming it was a hand gun, I'm still thinking it may have been something automatic even if not an AR

• Like 3

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

See so far all I've heard are witness accounts on the radio, and they are all hysterical (not the funny hysterical) and just people saying bullets were everywhere. So while I'm also assuming it was a hand gun, I'm still thinking it may have been something automatic even if not an AR

A semi automatic like a 9mm can fire off as quickly as someone can pull the trigger, in a situation like that it’s hard to recall accurately how many shots rang out, or how quickly.  Especially if bullets are whizzing by your head. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

At least 30 people died from gun violence across the country this Memorial Day weekend 

Yup, shit sounds crazy but then you realize that tens of thousands of people die every year in this country from being shot and killed. Like 30,000+++ annually

This has been normal in this country for a very long time

Edited by Nablonsky
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nablonsky said:

So have our war crimes.....so why do you feel the need to drag that into every conversation with nothing else other than the statement over and over again.

Matter of factly, so has the disregard for women's rights....yet that doesn't seem to matter much to you either unless you're riding the coat tails of madame genocide at the moment.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but your assertion is the things that happen domestically have just been going on forever and we should travel backwards on those things, but America needs progression on how we deal with other countries?

Again, I'm just following the paper trail you've left over the course of many threads.....correct me.....ya know, if I'm wrong.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

A semi automatic like a 9mm can fire off as quickly as someone can pull the trigger, in a situation like that it’s hard to recall accurately how many shots rang out, or how quickly.  Especially if bullets are whizzing by your head. 

that's what made the glock so popular in the 90's with miliary and civilian police. the quickness of fire, and reload. 

• Like 1

When 9/11 happened we enacted the Patriot Act, which stripped us of our freedoms and we attacked a country that had zero to do with what happened while continuing to do business with the countries that were involved. Boebert is a fuckin moron and she sounds like the typical dumb bimbo.  Fuckin hate her. “We didn’t ban planes”. Nah, we just started using machines that were like being strip searched and pulling off our shoes. Fuckin dumb asshole bitch. 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nablonsky said:

Yup, shit sounds crazy but then you realize that tens of thousands of people die every year in this country from being shot and killed. Like 30,000+++ annually

It’s not normal we made it normal.  Ammosexuals have been holding the country hostage for over 50 years. 

• Like 2

Garbage NRA person brings up the Buffalo shooting to mention the signs and warnings that were missed but does a “hummanah hummanah hummanah” when asked if he should have been allowed to get an assault rifle.  Also love the crying he’s doing to protect the AR-15. The poor gun gets picked on because it’s “ugly and black”

can’t make this shit up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“We want to lift you up in prayer” fuck you

he talks about how the uvalde shooter didn’t have a record so he can carry wtf he wants but when there are red flags they’re ignored anyway like Buffalo.  This asshole wants to talk about our abysmal mental healthcare in this country but still thinks everyone should get a fuckin gun. 

this guy is a clown 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeaaaaaaa.  Thats not suspicious at all.

This also comes after it was proven through audio and video that the door was not propped open, that teachers immediately called 911, and that there is audio from children inside of the room asking for the cops to save them.

This entire PD is rotten to the core and needs to be disbanded.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Yeaaaaaaa.  Thats not suspicious at all.

This also comes after it was proven through audio and video that the door was not propped open, that teachers immediately called 911, and that there is audio from children inside of the room asking for the cops to save them.

This entire PD is rotten to the core and needs to be disbanded.

The Uvalde PD is an easy scapegoat for the bigger issue of an 18-y-o with no qualifications buying a rifle with the capability of firing high powered rounds.  He was going to kill a lot of people even if the police had engaged him right away, it just wouldn't have been a record number of victims.

27 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

in 2005, the supreme court voted that the police do NOT have a constitutional obligation to protect the public. 

I guess they’re right, it’s not a constitutional obligations, but it’s definitely a moral one since it’s the job they chose to do. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I guess they’re right, it’s not a constitutional obligations, but it’s definitely a moral one since it’s the job they chose to do. 

I can't wait until the Uvalde PD starts posting about how bad morale is... Unless the entire department commits mass suicide just to show us all.

• Like 3