UnevenEdge

Mass Shootings - The Discussion 4ever

Sawdamizer

4 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

That would have been an improvement compared to just... whatever sounds this guy was making.

I clicked your link out of morbid curiosity and I couldn't get over how grotesquely unappealing that blowjob looked to even hear the sounds. I closed it after like 10 seconds and I am not only ashamed of myself but also feel secondhand embarrassment for whatever the fuck that was.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

That was one of my first thoughts as well. This could have easily turned out just as bad, except this time the cops did their job and took out a truly evil person before more damage was done.

no such thing, moral relativism is part of the problem though.

this is what I mean, only hurt people hurt people and that goes with any magnitude of the word hurt (from calling names to killing). we might find out, for instance, that she was abbused by some school officials.

then who is the evil one and who is the victim. it's why moral relativism never works. in none of these cases is it ever a person who buys guns and just thinks killing people at school is a good idea.

what we need to look at is that countries with gun control DO NOT HAVE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS

Press conference just happened and this is going to get ugly in a hurry. Apparently the shooter was identified and is Trans. She apparently had multiple targets to go to but found the others had too much security that would have stopped the rampage so they chose this school because it didn't have any security. There was a ton of ammo found on the body and they have found ample evidence at the shooters house including drone pictures of schools and detailed attack plans. So this sounds like it may have been extremely planned out, and the officers likely saved a lot of lives today.

There's another press conference tonight where they alluded to providing more information of motive and just why this happened today.

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Press conference just happened and this is going to get ugly in a hurry. Apparently the shooter was identified and is Trans. She apparently had multiple targets to go to but found the others had too much security that would have stopped the rampage so they chose this school because it didn't have any security. There was a ton of ammo found on the body and they have found ample evidence at the shooters house including drone pictures of schools and detailed attack plans. So this sounds like it may have been extremely planned out, and the officers likely saved a lot of lives today.

There's another press conference tonight where they alluded to providing more information of motive and just why this happened today.

so what we have is someone that was bullied their entire life and had some pshychopathy.
I know it's hard to hear, but there is no such thing as an evil person. what we need is to look at everything and not just one very narrow and shallow politicly eschewed way. our end game is to stop this kind of stuff, and overlooking anything, mental health included (or the way mental deterioration happens to get this kind of sociopathy) could be ignoring everything.

god that judge on fox news might be the dumbest person on earth

Edited by PeoplesPoet
  • Like 1

Bodycam video was released by Nashville PD.  They really wernt messing around. Instant assessment of the situation when they got on site, geared up, and were inside within a minute of getting to the school. Room to room sweeps with shotguns, rifles, and pistols. No SWAT either, just standard PD body armor.  As soon as they heard gunfire they collapsed on it and took her out. It was a damn good shot to.

This is the kind of response you expect from PD. Not to cower like the Ulvade PD did, but to go charge the attacker and take them out.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

They did the same with the uvalde shooter...they try to push that agenda every fucking time. Proof or miss me with that shit.

Hell, it's probably in this very thread...

Uh oh, guns did a thing....let's try to attach some marginalized group to it

• Thanks 2

I really hate following up on this story... here's what's currently chaffing my ass. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/after-school-shooting-familiar-arguments-biden-lawmakers/story?id=98187238

I'm not at all optimistic that unnecessary gun violence will ever not be a thing in this country...a ban on assault weapons is premature?  Wtf does that even mean....will it mature once one GOP families kids are aired out? Maybe a mass shooting by one of these old lawmaking coots ....

It's infuriating 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 2:18 PM, PeoplesPoet said:

no such thing, moral relativism is part of the problem though.

this is what I mean, only hurt people hurt people and that goes with any magnitude of the word hurt (from calling names to killing). we might find out, for instance, that she was abbused by some school officials.

then who is the evil one and who is the victim. it's why moral relativism never works. in none of these cases is it ever a person who buys guns and just thinks killing people at school is a good idea.

what we need to look at is that countries with gun control DO NOT HAVE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS

Is it, though? I don’t think so. It’s pretty easy math here. You’re an officer, and you’re tasked with protecting children/schools. If there is a threat to your school (whether you know ahead of time or not), your motherfucking JOB is to prioritize the fucking occupants’ (you know, the fucking STUDENTS) safety. That usually means, removing/getting in the way or threats/issues and/or neutralizing/de-escalating said threats/issues quickly before they get too far out of hand.

That second statement is faulty logic based upon a grain of truth. Hurt people are more likely  to hurt people. It’s not a universal truth. We are 6 years on from the Las Vegas hotel shooter’s shit, and they STILL can’t find a (scapegoat) reason. He was a normal citizen who just evil and wanted to kill. No rhyme. No reason. Just a note for target distance.

The reason countries with gun control don’t have school shootings is simple: They don’t let guns get in the hands of people who might use them to shoot up a motherfucking school. Again, fucking simple math. 

8 hours ago, lupin_bebop said:

Is it, though?

here is the thing, an officer shouldn't even be in a school for any reason. yes they acted fast and deserver credit, but the end game isn't "send police to everyshooting", the end game is ... there isn't any shootings whatsover. I remember back in the 90's, not a lot of shootings, now...

people who aren't hurt are 99% less likely to hurt other people. let's take a kid who grew up with a proper support system and who has ingrained in their mind that we are all worth the same, that kid won't hurt anyone(cause of reciprocity) the inverse is true, when comparing the two it's hard to say faulty logic. the lady had psychopathy(behavior most "normalish" people would never dream, of doing and the only way anyone get's psychopathy is external devaluation (if that isn't a word it is now). she is autistic(maybee the other one), and trans, right now especially(with the new culture war) I bet she was bullied into the psychopathy (or worse, abused or terrorized). it's simple people that are not bullied are not wounded, those who are are, and hurt people hurt people. the statistics back me up on this, random joe sunshine isn't going to open fire on a school. if she had a proper support system, this would not have happened.

the boat on your last point has already set sail, we are a country that has guns up the whazzoo, trying to not let them get guns isn't going to work and would take somewhat of a fortune teller to tell who should or shouldn't own one. the cop's said it best, they had no idea who she was until this incident. guns aren't going anywhere, so we have to instead shift our concentration on the mental health of the country, and saying that law enforcment is our first line of defense isn't.

I'm sleepy so sorry if that sounded strange.

• Like 1

I wish I had seen this...it has to be the dumbest display ever. How people can perform the mental gymnastics necessary to think giving money to train teachers to be armed killers and simply killing the culprit after the fact is going to rectify this problem is beyond me.

Like seriously, mass shooters likely have some idea that this will end in their deaths....so promised death isn't really a deterrent.....and I'm not even going to acknowledge, much further than saying it's fucking stupid, the idea that the gun violence problem is a spiritual issue....wtf does that even mean.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/14/pence-calls-for-quick-execution-of-mass-shooters-at-nra-summit-00092136

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I wish I had seen this...it has to be the dumbest display ever. How people can perform the mental gymnastics necessary to think giving money to train teachers to be armed killers and simply killing the culprit after the fact is beyond me.

Like seriously, mass shooters likely have some idea that this will end in their deaths....so promised death isn't really a deterrent.....and I'm not even going to acknowledge, much further than saying it's fucking stupid, the idea that the gun violence problem is a spiritual issue....wtf does that even mean.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/14/pence-calls-for-quick-execution-of-mass-shooters-at-nra-summit-00092136

It doesn't mean anything. He's at an NRA summit and he's just playing to his audience.

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Like seriously, mass shooters likely have some idea that this will end in their deaths....so promised death isn't really a deterrent.....

Yeah exactly, it's literally the whole point. Broken people are choosing the most retributive form of suicide they can imagine, so this stuff isn't going to dissuade them... because it's the goal.

No one who plans a school shooting also plans what they're going to have for lunch after.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, André Toulon said:

The whole 'spiritual' thing is the latest crybaby tactic from evangelicals claiming that all these shootings are due to people not accepting their version of god, 'banning' god and prayer from schools [ not even close ] and not allowing the christian Taliban control over all the laws of the land in the name of said god.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

TX having a lot of incidents lately but it’s got nothing to do with the guns 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/fatalities-confirmed-at-least-9-hurt-in-shooting-at-allen-outlets/3252317/?amp=1

I was LEAVING the outlet mall literal MINUTES before this went down. I saw about 8 Allen PD cars SWARMING the opposite side of the highway as I was leaving. I didn’t know what went down until an hour later. 

• Like 5

On 4/15/2023 at 4:53 AM, André Toulon said:

Like seriously, mass shooters likely have some idea that this will end in their deaths....so promised death isn't really a deterrent....

A lot of them KNOW their death is imminent. It’s a GOAL for a lot of them, not a deterrent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hmm maybe if the promise of life after death, 72 virgins, all inclusive health care were real in the first place. Wait, who am I kidding? There aren’t enough pill mills in the entire Chicago metropolitan area to supply these fucking mongrels and their ancient thirst for blood

1 hour ago, lupin_bebop said:

I was LEAVING the outlet mall literal MINUTES before this went down. I saw about 8 Allen PD cars SWARMING the opposite side of the highway as I was leaving. I didn’t know what went down until an hour later. 

Wow that is crazy lucky timing 

• Like 1

I wonder what Abbott will say about these victims. When that animal gunned down 5 of his neighbors Abbott said something like, the victims were illegal aliens, as though that means it’s ok they were gunned down. Turned out to not be true. The victims were permanent residents. The perp however was deported 5 times, but that still doesn’t matter. Him being here illegally has nothing to do with his crimes. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I wonder what Abbott will say about these victims. When that animal gunned down 5 of his neighbors Abbott said something like, the victims were illegal aliens, as though that means it’s ok they were gunned down. Turned out to not be true. The victims were permanent residents. The perp however was deported 5 times, but that still doesn’t matter. Him being here illegally has nothing to do with his crimes. 

He originally tweeted that he was sad that Texas was only #2 in gun sale after California and thought Texas could do better. :| 

He's now supposedly going on about the need for mental health care but the GOP consistently votes against anything that would fund that so it's the 'new' equivalent of 'thoughts and prayers'. 

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

He originally tweeted that he was sad that Texas was only #2 in gun sale after California and thought Texas could do better. :| 

He's now supposedly going on about the need for mental health care but the GOP consistently votes against anything that would fund that so it's the 'new' equivalent of 'thoughts and prayers'. 

He’s such a fuckin disgusting gremlin of a human 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow that is crazy lucky timing 

Wanna talk crazy timing? I used to live in Allen, Texas. The police response there?

A GUARANTEED less-than 5 minute response time. NO. MATTER. WHAT. Period.

Edited by lupin_bebop

Trigger warning for anyone thinking of randomly scrolling through Twitter.

The 'thoughts & prayers' people are getting hit full force with highly graphic photos of the latest shooting to drive home the point that this should NOT be normal. 

Don't go there if you don't have to. 

The first thing you'll see is a child.

• Thanks 3