UnevenEdge

Mass Shootings - The Discussion 4ever

Sawdamizer

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

No we all need to see what these weapons are doing. We need to see the horror that our government refuses to do anything about because changing the constitution is hard.  

I agree with the sentiment.

I just don't want anyone walking into those photos not even realizing that yep, they are there and no one is going to blur jack right now. I saw plenty of what happens to a human body from guns in the early 00's but I never saw a child until today. 

And they don't have to change the Constitution, they just need to learn to read the damn thing. 2A isn't a cart-blanche 'everyone gets one!' declaration. It's for a well-regulated militia and militias are fleshed out in Article 1, Section 8. And nowhere does it say that everyone is entitled to the equivalent of a cannon which is what these military-grade weapons would be considered as in 1776. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s well established that when the framers of the constitution said “bear arms” they were always saying it in reference to a well organized militia but the new NRA convinced the public and bought our politicians to say otherwise 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Trigger warning for anyone thinking of randomly scrolling through Twitter.

The 'thoughts & prayers' people are getting hit full force with highly graphic photos of the latest shooting to drive home the point that this should NOT be normal. 

Don't go there if you don't have to. 

The first thing you'll see is a child.

Yep. Half the victims were kids. 

• Sad 1

On 5/7/2023 at 5:36 PM, 1pooh4u said:

It’s well established that when the framers of the constitution said “bear arms” they were always saying it in reference to a well organized militia but the new NRA convinced the public and bought our politicians to say otherwise 

pretty sure the original version mentioned militias to shoot the natives and escaping slaves. we have done revisions in the past, no reason not to again. tho you will be having trouble convincing people, since they see it as protection against a tyrannical government. i guess we arent tyrannical enough. 

7 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

pretty sure the original version mentioned militias to shoot the natives and escaping slaves. we have done revisions in the past, no reason not to again. tho you will be having trouble convincing people, since they see it as protection against a tyrannical government. i guess we arent tyrannical enough. 

I’m sure we’ll get to tyranny soon enough with how in love these crazy people are with world dictators. They dgaf about the constitution or its meaning they only use it to reach their own ends. 

• Like 1

in local news, did you know, that any swinging dick can come off the street, asked to be put on the commissioner's meeting agenda, and ask for the county to consider the resolution to be a '2nd amendment county'?
and that the chair commissioner can go ahead and vote YES, (if other commissioner's don't speak up~~pray they do), FOR the entire county, EVEN though, after the 1st week of the news, MOST of the county is against it?

yearh..that's what i'm battling currently. 

i'll be on the agenda....again next month, as the commissioner's have had to 'table' this, because apparently the wypipo of the board "need more info" (which is code for rewriting the resolution 3x to include all persons (original was men only) and that according to "god, their savior" in his devine wisdom, has granted the right to bear arms WITH an AR. 

i wish i was fucking kidding. 

• Thanks 2

I'm starting to wonder if certain Republicans want mass shootings to take place. 

Think about what happens when one occurs.  The story makes it's rounds in the media, the topic of gun control comes up and in a panic conservatives go out to stock up on guns.
Think about how much these Republicans want to loosen gun regulations or at least, adamantly appose common sense laws.
Lastly, let's think about who's hands are in their pockets.

It's no secret that the NRA uses propaganda to create paranoia.  Then we have the NRA's link with Russia.
We know that Russia wants to destabilize our politics and pushing the wedge that is the topic of gun control is one way to work towards that goal.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i'm curious.

how many of you live in a 2nd amendment city/county?

do you even know?

did you know that your city officials make the decision for you?

I know you can open carry here. And the mfers who do it don't all have certs...it's just all around shitty here 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i'm curious.

do you even know?

ND is a 'Constitutional Carry' state. There are now no longer any rules for who can carry, no registrations, no safety class requirements. A literal crazy person can leave the state nut-hut and apply for another gun. Castle Laws now extend to WalMart parking lots if you want them too. 

There was a guy in camo that would sit in the local park with his guns displayed watching cyclists, walkers, people with kids. Cops wouldn't do anything because they insisted that his guns weren't actually loaded. Yeah, that's really going to slow him down, he probably times himself in his basement to see how long it takes to do whatever with a gun. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Icarus27k said:

Did I offend with a tasteless joke? I wasn't expecting that, and I'm sorry if that's the case. 

The Onion hasn’t tried to be funny for quite some time because of the absurd nature of conservative speech and actions.  It’s by no means tasteless, but, much like Shakesperean court jester, it’s biting because satire isn’t always meant to mask pain.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:34 AM, discolé monade said:

in local news, did you know, that any swinging dick can come off the street, asked to be put on the commissioner's meeting agenda, and ask for the county to consider the resolution to be a '2nd amendment county'?
and that the chair commissioner can go ahead and vote YES, (if other commissioner's don't speak up~~pray they do), FOR the entire county, EVEN though, after the 1st week of the news, MOST of the county is against it?

yearh..that's what i'm battling currently. 

i'll be on the agenda....again next month, as the commissioner's have had to 'table' this, because apparently the wypipo of the board "need more info" (which is code for rewriting the resolution 3x to include all persons (original was men only) and that according to "god, their savior" in his devine wisdom, has granted the right to bear arms WITH an AR. 

i wish i was fucking kidding. 

No, I didn't know you could do this.
.........I kinda want to try it now.

This is kinda scary, honestly. If THIS is how things get done in this place.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2023 at 12:42 PM, discolé monade said:

i'm curious.

do you even know?

I live in a 2nd Amendment STATE
See previous answer for second question. (So yes. XD)
My city officials are a joke, and have been for quite some time. They don't make decisions. They just collect the money we give them, or the money given by Uncle Sam, and by more hoses and cars with it.

• Thanks 3

So...quick update on Allen, Texas mall shooting:
They are going to reopen at the one of the month, and a permanent memorial is going to be erected.

Did anyone learn their lesson? Nope.
BUT....a little silver lining:
Ken Paxton was impeached by Republicans (yes, his OWN party) for bribery, corruption, and being a general asshole. Okay, I made that last one up, but it's no less true. He is ALSO the one who put down any inkling of gun reform in Texas for decades.

Yes, he's the one who spoke the most about Uvalde being a "proving ground for [needing an increase] armed personnel" at schools or even "[giving weapons] to teachers."

Edited by lupin_bebop
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

this county, just voted yes to 2nd amend. sanctuary. county. 

the problem i have ( a few) but this in particular: this was tabled 4x, because the wording. etc. 

so, today, there were 3 resolutions to pick from, but they went with the 2nd resolution that was brought, reworded it, right there, to have some wording to include OTHER amendments that may be fringed upon. 

i want to know does this yes vote, include BOTH the 1st resolution and 2nd, (revised at time of vote). 

i wish you could have heard all the nonpoc tell the poc 'they have it wrong', 'they have the wrong perspective' 'this doesn't really do anything'. 'this only helps back up their 2nd amend. rights, and all rights)

all the fucking lies.

what i plan on doing next commissioner's meeting, is introducing a resolution, that establishes this county as 'a woman's reproductive and autonomy rights' sanctuary county. whadda' think?

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

what i plan on doing next commissioner's meeting, is introducing a resolution, that establishes this county as 'a woman's reproductive and autonomy rights' santuary county. whadda' think?

I like it.  Wading through the double speak of politicians is ten times worse when you are dealing with locals who have no political experience and think they can parrot what idiots like Ted Cruz say on tv.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, Sieg67 said:

I'm starting to wonder if certain Republicans want mass shootings to take place. 

Think about what happens when one occurs.  The story makes it's rounds in the media, the topic of gun control comes up and in a panic conservatives go out to stock up on guns.
Think about how much these Republicans want to loosen gun regulations or at least, adamantly appose common sense laws.
Lastly, let's think about who's hands are in their pockets.

It's no secret that the NRA uses propaganda to create paranoia.  Then we have the NRA's link with Russia.
We know that Russia wants to destabilize our politics and pushing the wedge that is the topic of gun control is one way to work towards that goal.

That, and some of them just get off on dead kids. Usually both.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, André Toulon said:

The solution, trans people...become gun nuts.

gudol'boyz won't touch them after that.

funny you say that. because if the brother from the masonic temple waltzed into that meeting, 4 months ago, that shit would have been shot down right then. 

the black folk went as far to say. 'you white devils know you're picking up guns for us'. that is the general fear. 

especially since one of the commissioners using the protest, as an example of WHY this county needed the resolution.  i went to a couple years ago,  (peaceful march, and gathering for a shot black man by a local deputy for speeding) had all the trumpers on the roof of a building weapons drawn, staring us down, but she tried to twist this resolution, so that those good guys with guns were only looking our for our best interest. 

UGH>>>that fucking meeting has me boiling.

but i digress.

YESSSSS!!!

MUNITIONS FOR MARYS!!!!!

GATS FOR GAYSSS!!

ARTILLERY FOR TRANS!!!!

Edited by discolé monade
/s/
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

https://nypost.com/2023/08/26/multiple-fatalities-in-a-jacksonville-store-shooting-mayor/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=ru.reactivephone.MobileSearch.OpenInSearchUI

white gunman kills 3 Black people in a dollar general wrote several manifestos

he had been reported for lurking around a HBCU but they were unable to apprehend the suspect. Jacksonville sheriff stated “He hated Black people” and he had crudely drawn swastikas on his guns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I live 30ish minutes away…. It’s unspeakable. I could hear ambulances from out on my deck last night. Never would have thought this would happen in my state, but of course thinking that was naive. I will continue to wish for change in this country, though I sadly know  that’s a tall task to ask for…

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The answer to the Maine incident will inevitably be more guns given faster to more people 

Yep,  it’s lame our gun laws are non existent here. Unfortunately outside of southern Maine, a lot of people have the “We want our Guns and God, and you can have Obama” mentality. It’s awful guys. There are certain parts of my lil ol Maine I love but I can’t relate to many of my fellow Mainers on many issues. 

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

Yep,  it’s lame our gun laws are non existent here. Unfortunately outside of southern Maine, a lot of people have the “We want our Guns and God, and you can have Obama” mentality. It’s awful guys. There are certain parts of my lil ol Maine I love but I can’t relate to many of my fellow Mainers on many issues. 

i was reading about 'yellow flag' law. what even is that? 

NOW maybe people will start taking this seriously. NO one is coming for your GOD DAMNED GUNS....UNLESS YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE THEM!!!

ffs. 

i'm also terribly sorry this is happening, and  near you. stay safe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

i was reading about 'yellow flag' law. what even is that? 

NOW maybe people will start taking this seriously. NO one is coming for your GOD DAMNED GUNS....UNLESS YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE THEM!!!

ffs. 

i'm also terribly sorry this is happening, and  near you. stay safe. 

The yellow flag law is a law that allows law enforcement to detain someone this suspect is mentally Ill they deem poses a threat them or themselves. Crazy thing is he did weeks in a hospital this past summer! He threatened to shoot up a base in Saco where he was stationed. Signs were there, incompetency at the highest level to prevent this attack. And thank you for the kind words.

9 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

The yellow flag law is a law that allows law enforcement to detain someone this suspect is mentally Ill they deem poses a threat them or themselves. Crazy thing is he did weeks in a hospital this past summer! He threatened to shoot up a base in Saco where he was stationed. Signs were there, incompetency at the highest level to prevent this attack. And thank you for the kind words.

i know, i was  ^trying^ to be facetious.

there should be no 'pause, caution, yellow', this law was written by 2nd amend. gun right activists, and was a 'decent' step, but because ME is like SO many other states, and feel that the 2nd amendment rights is so much more important, the 'red flag' that SHOULD have been in place, was not .

this unfortunate situation should absolutely bring scrutiny to all things involved: mental health, gun laws, banishing of certain weapons, and holding family members responsible. yes. i said that. the family KNEW this was unfolding, and did NOTHING to stop this individual. the DoD didn't see any problems while he was in service? i doubt that. even a co-worker commented on his radical change in behavior. 

• Like 3

On 10/26/2023 at 4:26 PM, jayrider128 said:

Never would have thought this would happen in my state

I KNEW it would happen in MY state (MF Mexican border state with wheelchair bound hobbit for governor). I just didn’t think it would happen in my neighborhood, but it did. No more than a few minutes after I left, no less.

But, unfortunately, fuckery abound in this place. Honestly, if we would get away of the worship of the bomb and bullet mentality, things would be better. Unfortunately, fucks who SHOULDN’T be near dangerous shit are the ones who GET the dangerous shit by default. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...