UnevenEdge

Trump's FBI Raid Goes Nuclear

Raptorpat

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

But Trump was well within his rights to release the information, was he not?  Was he supposed to redact the names himself?   Merrick Garland had to know that he was taking a chance when he announced he requested it be unsealed, that Trump would do it and risk the identity of people he’s responsible for, no? 

Worst case. Best case, it's just another demonstration of the incompetence of the people he surrounds himself with to have made that move while "fully cooperating."

On one hand, I'd still definitely be in the "Ok, but will there actually be any convictions from this?" camp. But, like.... aside from deliberately choosing not to, it's hard to see why they wouldn't take this all the way. A warrant like this wasn't requested just for kicks. Surely once everything is sorted and filed and all the ducks are in a row, they wouldn't go to all this trouble and not take the finishing blow.

Is what I'm trying real hard to convince myself of.....

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, rpgamer said:

Worst case. Best case, it's just another demonstration of the incompetence of the people he surrounds himself with to have made that move while "fully cooperating."

On one hand, I'd still definitely be in the "Ok, but will there actually be any convictions from this?" camp. But, like.... aside from deliberately choosing not to, it's hard to see why they wouldn't take this all the way. A warrant like this wasn't requested just for kicks. Surely once everything is sorted and filed and all the ducks are in a row, they wouldn't go to all this trouble and not take the finishing blow.

Is what I'm trying real hard to convince myself of.....

I’m surprised he released it himself but my surprise lessened when I discovered he did it to make life hard for fbi personnel and their families. 

Garland said yesterday it was Trump’s right to reveal the warrant and the the doj requested it to be unsealed, but just because someone has a right to do something, doesn’t mean that they can just do it however. He might’ve had a responsibility to redact names but idk, I lean toward he probably had no such responsibility legally. Trump released the info in true Trump style. Full of spite and recklessness 

• Like 3

I suppose it's a question of whether he was solely responsible, or if his legal team were in any way involved. Per the CNN thing posted earlier, there was a "team" involved in discussing how to move forward.

Absolutely the spiteful interpretation is what you'd expect from him. And assuming there was nothing inherently illegal about releasing those names, his team wouldn't have had any reason to stop him. Just. Would also not put it past the people he surrounds himself with to just not even be aware of that potentially causing him further problems later.

In any case. What's the bigger picture here? Are all the cronies still trying to suckle his smegma despite all this? Is Dilbert Douchebag up there still representative of the wider base? @Ginguy? Got any hilarious frog memes for this one?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

I suppose it's a question of whether he was solely responsible, or if his legal team were in any way involved. Per the CNN thing posted earlier, there was a "team" involved in discussing how to move forward.

Absolutely the spiteful interpretation is what you'd expect from him. And assuming there was nothing inherently illegal about releasing those names, his team wouldn't have had any reason to stop him. Just. Would also not put it past the people he surrounds himself with to just not even be aware of that potentially causing him further problems later.

In any case. What's the bigger picture here? Are all the cronies still trying to suckle his smegma despite all this? Is Dilbert Douchebag up there still representative of the wider base? @Ginguy? Got any hilarious frog memes for this one?

I'll beat him to this so that maybe he'll have to use words for responses.

See the source image

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

I'd suggest waiting to see what actually come of this. The affidavits are what really matters in this, the warrant and receipts are pretty bland actually.

Be real, would you be saying the same thing if it was Obama?

• Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

46 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Or, y'know, if all those Hillary emails had been classified information.

Be nice you guys, he's having a hard time, which...

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I'd suggest waiting to see what actually come of this. The affidavits are what really matters in this, the warrant and receipts are pretty bland actually.

The only thing that matters out of you is whether or not you’re  hosting a pig skin pick’em game this football season. Anything else you got to say is doo doo 💩 

Edited by 1pooh4u
Edited to ease minds
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The only thing that matters out of you is whether or not you’re  hosting a pig skin pick’em game this football season. Anything else you got to say is doo doo

Without you posting a shit emoji…. Who are you?

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Wait and see is NEVER your stance when it's a minority....You celebrate the moment you see bad news has a black or latino face....I've seen you do that shit way too many times not to see the yellow streak down your back this time.

• Like 9

In pursuing the unprecedented search of Donald Trump's residence on Monday, the FBI was seeking to retrieve Top Secret and "compartmented" documents dealing with intelligence "sources and methods," two federal government sources tell Newsweek—documents with the potential to reveal U.S. intelligence sources, including human sources on the American government payroll.

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-trump-raid-documents-could-reveal-intel-sources-us-payroll-1733230

• Thanks 1

Let's recap here.  He went from denying he has classified documents to claiming the FBI is going to plant evidence to saying he can magically declassify them by moving them from one place to another to then finally asking for them back.  We've learned that the warrant wasn't spontaneous and that the FBI tried letting Trump relinquish the documents on his own terms.  We also learned that his lawyer claimed that everything was given back during the first event months ago.

What does he even need with them?  It's not like he's the president.  I think it's more likely that he's just an idiot but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was selling national secrets.
I'm sure his bestie Putin would sure love to see them.

Edited by Sieg67

8 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

Let's recap here.  He went from denying he has classified documents to claiming the FBI is going to plant evidence to saying he can magically declassify them by moving them from one place to another to then finally asking for them back.  We've learned that the warrant wasn't spontaneous and that the FBI tried letting Trump relinquish the documents on his own terms.  We also learned that his lawyer claimed that everything was given back during the first event months ago.

What does he even need with them?  It's not like he's the president.  I think it's more likely that he's just an idiot but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was selling national secrets.
I'm sure his bestie Putin would sure love to see them.

There are a few theories out there…

0568C8C5-3ADF-4489-841A-FABEDB3E6F39.jpeg

• Haha 2

And I'm not sure if this has been mentioned since I haven't combed through this entire thread but Trump increased the penalty of mishandling classified information from 1 year in prison to 5 years in prison likely as a response to Hillary's emails.   Hilarious.

Depending on the circumstances, this could be much worse if it turns out he violated the espionage act.

Edited by Sieg67

40 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

And I'm not sure if this has been mentioned since I haven't combed through this entire thread but Trump increased the penalty of mishandling classified information from 1 year in prison to 5 years in prison likely as a response to Hillary's emails.   Hilarious.

Depending on the circumstances, this could be much worse if it turns out he violated the espionage act.

Yeah the fact that the FBI actually raided his property shows how this is probably the closest we will ever get to him suffering any kind of consequences for his actions. We will see.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:08 PM, Sawdy said:

Yes.

Particularly if the FBI office involved had a documented history of serious misconduct (criminal actions) regarding affidavits and warrants regarding President Obama; as is the case with President Trump.

Hence, waiting and seeing what was actually seized, what its actual status is, and who swore out what in the affidavits used to apply for the warrant.

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 3

2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Yes.

Particularly if the FBI office involved had a documented history of serious misconduct (criminal actions) regarding affidavits and warrants regarding President Obama; as is the case with President Trump.

Hence, waiting and seeing what was actually seized, what its actual status is, and who swore out what in the affidavits used to apply for the warrant.

Are you and Nabs friends on Truth Social?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Yes.

Wait, what documented evidence?

14 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

It now looks like that the FBI took his passports so he doesn't try to flee the country. So, uh, possible federal prosecution may be happening.

Ahhh I see the articles… Looks like they are looking to track where he has traveled… instead of him fleeing, but I’m not an expert. They took three passports, that doesn’t mean his passports have been revoked…. At least I don’t think so…

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sawdy said:

Ahhh I see the articles… Looks like they are looking to track where he has traveled… instead of him fleeing, but I’m not an expert. They took three passports, that doesn’t mean his passports have been revoked…. At least I don’t think so…

Makes sense, but it is highly unusual.  They must be worried he took the next step and went full on treasonous.

Just now, scoobdog said:

Makes sense, but it is highly unusual.  They must be worried he took the next step and went full on treasonous.

I mean, it’s their job to present the evidence and lawwwd knows he wouldn’t have complied.

Criminal minds 101, handgun, 10k and an active passport ready to go at all times….

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sawdy said:

He also posted about it himself to try to get ahead of the narrative. Because having his passports confiscated looks very bad. It's unprecedented.

20220815_174258.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

He also posted about it himself to try to get ahead of the narrative. Because having his passports confiscated looks very bad. It's unprecedented.

20220815_174258.jpg

Wonder if they view him as a flight risk.
Also Passports are government property.  They can't steal their own shit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

20220815_174258.jpg

We're all in agreement he absolutely would've tried to use the expired one, right?

• Like 6

So the FBI returned Trumps passports this morning. They claim that it was a mistake on their part and they never meant to confiscate them. Totally believable that the FBI would fuck that up.

I think that also means that the odds that Trump is charged is extremely low.

As much as people were saying he is going to be charged, odds were honestly always small.  The reason for that is pretty simple actually, its already set precedent to not charge high-ranking former US Officials for having classified information. Its not entirely uncommon for former officials to have classified materials that find there way back to the Gov after someone figures out they are missing. Granted, they dont typically take an FBI raid, but its not uncommon.

Most famously, Hillary Clinton was never charged for running a server with classified information on it.  Trump wont be charged for having a few boxes of classified information at his house.  People can scream "whataboutism!!!" all they want, but its true. The DoJ set the precedent back in 2016. If they change it now then the GOPs attacks on the DoJ being a partisan institution will be absolutely true. It would be the final nail in the DoJs credibility for a huge portion of this country.

Thanks to the precedent set in 2016 it would take something truly extraordinary to charge Trump with having classified materials. Hate it all you want, but thats what has been established by the DoJ.

Now, if they find something else illegal or related to January 6th then all bets are off. But its going to take something truly extraordinary for him to ever be charged, let alone do time, for having classified materials at his house.