UnevenEdge

Trump's FBI Raid Goes Nuclear

Raptorpat

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

This is either bullshit, OR whatever happened wasn’t the same, guaranteed there’s a key difference in what the two did, if there’s any truth to what he’s saying (which I doubt)

If there was any truth they would have raided obama's house with swat teams and he would have died "resisting."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I knew it totally different what the two did. One handed everything to a federal facility and then to the National Archives like they’re supposed to do while the other just kept shit, didn’t turn over anything to the archives and attempted to flush them down the toilet. 

fuckin apples and oranges

the only complaint is that the national archives are taking a long time digitizing said documents to put online but that’s nothing to do with Obama 

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-obama-allowed-take-white-house-records-but-not-trump-2022-8?amp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

also FYI any confused readers, I spliced this from the insurrection thread because it's clearly developed its own legs (probably from the nuclear radiation)

You totally fucked me up. You can’t do shit like this to me. I smoke way too much pot for this 😆

thought I lost my mind 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Per Breitbart of all places,

So it looks like all the outlets have the warrant now (so expect real news outlets to report on it imminently), but Trump released the full thing to Breitbart first, including all sorts of FBI personnel names etc. that are redacted in the public document.

Edited by Raptorpat
edited for clarity
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

So it looks like Trump released the full warrant to Breitbart before it was to formally go public, which includes all sorts of FBI personnel names etc. that will be redacted in the formally released warrant.

Oh that’s why he did it. But of course 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow Trump actually released the info. I’m really shocked he either fucked himself or they really found nothing.  OR it’s some other strategy to delegitimize the DoJ and FBI in some way I don’t understand or has yet to be revealed 

I’m just over here… but, my tinfoil hat is telling me he is expecting himself to control the media cycle, and hopes his base goes nuts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Sawdy said:

I’m just over here… but, my tinfoil hat is telling me he is expecting himself to control the media cycle, and hopes his base goes nuts 

It’s also because his release has fbi employees names not redacted (according to Pat) so his base can find them and threaten them and their families including children 

• Like 3

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

It’s also because his release has fbi employees names not redacted (according to Pat) so his base can find them and threaten them and their families including children 

And nothing will come of it… and that’s why nothing was learned by Jan 6th…

• Like 3

Just now, Sawdy said:

And nothing will come of it… and that’s why nothing was learned by Jan 6th…

They already had to kill a guy in Ohio at a federal building because of all this. Won’t be long before the unthinkable, which everyone knew damn well was possible to likely, happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

Any expert opinions on what this will mean, or should mean?

He's under investigation for enough to put a young person away for life (I gotta go back and find where all the penalties were listed, but one of them was 10 years per document). Can't say whether he'll be tried or convicted, or not just pardoned by the next Republican. Or that the truthsocial people don't start the civil war that one guy in Cincinnati thought he was starting.

But every person listed on the unredacted version he sent to Breitbart now needs security for the rest of their lives.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

@Ginguy, you ok man? 

Could be him dude’s name was Ryan Shiffer and of course he laid his plans out on TruthSocial. Lol TruthSocial name cracks me up cuz it couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s all bullshit and a lot of violence which isn’t social AT ALL 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fbi-says-armed-person-attempted-breach-its-cincinnati-building-2022-08-11/

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

He's under investigation for enough to put a young person away for life (I gotta go back and find where all the penalties were listed, but one of them was 10 years per document). Can't say whether he'll be tried or convicted, or not just pardoned by the next Republican. Or that the truthsocial people don't start the civil war that one guy in Cincinnati thought he was starting.

But every person listed on the unredacted version he sent to Breitbart now needs security for the rest of their lives.

His only play was going to be an attempt to gaslight everyone involved in the search warrant execution.  Even Trump could see that MSM was going to start releasing some damning details even before the judge lifted the seal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

But Trump was well within his rights to release the information, was he not?  Was he supposed to redact the names himself?   Merrick Garland had to know that he was taking a chance when he announced he requested it be unsealed, that Trump would do it and risk the identity of people he’s responsible for, no? 

• Thanks 1

Whatever the plan is, they better not fuck it up.  If they go for Trump and miss it will make him a martyr and absolutely enrage a bunch of mentally unstable people. Not to mention probably lead to him being elected in 2024.

If he is charged, convicted, and sentenced then there will be a lot of rage, but nowhere near the amount if they fuck this up.

That whole saying of "if you come at the king, you better not miss" is really applicable right now.

Edited by Master-Debater131
  • D'oh 1

17 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

which is his style. 

wasn't it also true that #45 would no be included in future discussions? like some presidents are called for one thing or another....did i read that somewhere?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

But Trump was well within his rights to release the information, was he not?  Was he supposed to redact the names himself?   Merrick Garland had to know that he was taking a chance when he announced he requested it be unsealed, that Trump would do it and risk the identity of people he’s responsible for, no? 

I don't know the specifics, but DOJ's request to the court was a "limited unsealing". Sealing a warrant is generally done for the benefit of the defendant, I'm not sure what the rules are on the defendant's side, or what the rules/exceptions are for confidential informants etc. Given they were already going through the proper course to unseal it, I'm not sure it that's some kind of additional violation in its own right.

2 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

wasn't it also true that #45 would no be included in future discussions? like some presidents are called for one thing or another....did i read that somewhere?

I know that former presidents are normally entitled to continue receiving briefings, you may be right that he is being excluded from that tradition but I don't know off the top of my head.

• Like 3