UnevenEdge

Trump's FBI Raid Goes Nuclear

Raptorpat

27 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m hoping Gen Z helps change this because more of them are starting to hit voting age. I’m excited to see how the country’s most diverse generation will approach voting and choosing candidates. 

I'm afraid that they'll become too jaded but at the same time we grew up through the Iraq War before we could vote so I'm hoping they're going to keep the hope.

• Like 4

I’m guessing the FBI seized some damaging shit cuz politicians are already claiming the fbi planted evidence. Must be pretty damaging wtf it is 🤷‍♀️

so Trump been saying it and a few are repeating the accusations. It’s the election all over again. Trump had something at that house. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sawdy said:

So, when do we think we will hear about what was found? 

Depends, if it’s damaging to the gop as a whole and not just Trump, 3 weeks prior to the election if it’s just damaging to Trump, 3 weeks prior to presidential elections.  So anywhere between 6 weeks to 2 years 💩

• Haha 3

I find it interesting that the cult is trying to spread lies that the warrant wasn’t legal but Trump and attorneys definitely are saying it was legit.  

I damn near lost my eyeballs to the back of my skull when I saw Mike Pence tweeting in defense of Trump. Complaining about the search being unprecedented.  Well Mike, a president inciting riots and trying to get their own VP strung and quartered is just as unprecedented. The mother fucker tried to kill him and yet he still wants to eat the shit out Trump’s ass and slurp the smegma off his tip.  Spineless 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Depends, if it’s damaging to the gop as a whole and not just Trump, 3 weeks prior to the election if it’s just damaging to Trump, 3 weeks prior to presidential elections.  So anywhere between 6 weeks to 2 years 💩

You forgot never

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

My guess is that it will provide underlying context behind the trump documents warrant and raid, but it's taking forever to start and I skipped pooping to not miss it. Squirming in my seat here.

They are saying Biden had no knowledge of this raid prior to the raid, i really hope that’s true… or there will be some shit.

• Like 1

I read somewhere this morning that the FBI was caught flatfooted because not only did they not want to draw attention to it, they didn't want to politicize it either. So then Trump immediately does both.

I don't know it was true, all I know right now is as soon as I give in and go to the bathroom the stream will start. Some kind of Schrodinger's pants-shitting livestream over here.

Edit: you're all welcome, I left and it started

Edited by Raptorpat
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

So he reveals nothing which was expected 

Yah just stating that he personally approved it… well, I’d hope so… this is just saving face for Biden I guess but my question is… how long does a FOIA request take? I’d have to imagine the media outlets are chomping…

• Like 2

Just now, Sawdy said:

Yah just stating that he personally approved it… well, I’d hope so… this is just saving face for Biden I guess but my question is… how long does a FOIA request take? I’d have to imagine the media outlets are chomping…

Trump could have revealed all this himself had he chosen to do so and idk how long it’s gonna take for a judge to grant Garland’s request to unseal the warrant. 

I find it interesting that everyone is up in arms that an ex potus was involved in a raid by authorities. They’re acting like he deserves some special treatment. Fuck them all. 

• Thanks 1

He stopped all national news for a half hour not only to say he personally approved it, but to say he's asking the court to unseal the warrant absent objection from DJT.

It puts the onus on Trump because Trump blasted it out to the world in the first place. So either Trump let's the court unseal it and show the world what the FBI was actually looking for, or Trump keeps it a secret. But it will be Trump's choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Trump could have revealed all this himself had he chosen to do so and idk how long it’s gonna take for a judge to grant Garland’s request to unseal the warrant. 

I find it interesting that everyone is up in arms that an ex potus was involved in a raid by authorities. They’re acting like he deserves some special treatment. Fuck them all. 

It wasn't even a raid.  It's not like they busted down his door or anything.
They simply carried out a warrant.

Disregarding terminology, I'm starting to get a bit hopeful that he's actually going to face some consequences. 

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

Disregarding terminology, I'm starting to get a bit hopeful that he's actually going to face some consequences. 

I’m not as optimistic as you about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

Well I mean, it wasn’t a no knock thing where a black woman died… so there is that

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

He stopped all national news for a half hour not only to say he personally approved it, but to say he's asking the court to unseal the warrant absent objection from DJT.

It puts the onus on Trump because Trump blasted it out to the world in the first place. So either Trump let's the court unseal it and show the world what the FBI was actually looking for, or Trump keeps it a secret. But it will be Trump's choice.

He will probably keep it a secret so he can keep crying persecution 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting press conference.  Pushing to unseal the warrant basically calls Trumps bluff.  Trump is bitching and moaning about it, but he can release what he has been given. He wont, so instead the DoJ will try and force the issue by unsealing it.

It also confirms that the AG knew of the raid and approved it.  Thats a good thing IMO.  If the DoJ were to do this without having the AGs approval then that raises all sorts of questions about a rogue agency. Its not like this is a special prosecutor, its a DoJ operation.

As for Biden not knowing, I dont know.  I dont fully believe that, but I can see how he wasnt informed. I also can easily see two sides to the argument about him knowing or not knowing, and if thats a good or bad thing. This has never happened in US History before, so a lot of the old rulebooks go out the window.

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Agreed the implications would be too much for the hyper wealthy and powerful in this country 

As I've read it, there may yet be some cause for optimism. Being a DoJ operation, sounds like they're held to a much higher standard when it comes to getting a warrant for things like this. Basically had to know what crime had potentially been committed, exactly what evidence there would be of said potential crime, and knowledge that it would be on premises at the time the warrant was executed.

Assuming all that is true, seems very likely they knew something was there and would've gotten to it.

But still, like you say, that doesn't necessarily mean anything comes of it.. maybe a small glimmer of hope, tho?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

As I've read it, there may yet be some cause for optimism. Being a DoJ operation, sounds like they're held to a much higher standard when it comes to getting a warrant for things like this. Basically had to know what crime had potentially been committed, exactly what evidence there would be of said potential crime, and knowledge that it would be on premises at the time the warrant was executed.

Assuming all that is true, seems very likely they knew something was there and would've gotten to it.

But still, like you say, that doesn't necessarily mean anything comes of it.. maybe a small glimmer of hope, tho?

Maybe some hope.  my limited understanding is that the feds normally don’t make moves unless they got solid evidence as well, and that includes prosecution of cases. They got a crazy high conviction rate because they don’t go for the neck until all the ducks are in a row but idk if that’s gonna translate for Trump. 
Anything that happens that doesn’t disqualify him from running in 2024 will mean nothing of consequence happened as a result of anything.  

I just don’t see it.  I don’t see him facing any consequences  at all.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I like the move.  He not only did it in a very public way, he preempted all the soap operas so the magatards don't get their shows in the process.

• Thanks 1