UnevenEdge

Trump's FBI Raid Goes Nuclear

Raptorpat

On 8/9/2022 at 11:17 AM, matrixman124 said:

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGE

Spoiler

This reminds me, shouldn't OP be returning to this thread soon? He always shows up a little before November to cry about all the people who didn't vote for Hillary in 2016 and tell everyone to vote for Democrats like that's going to do something.

"Vote for Democrats and maybe you'll get your abortion back in 30 years when the CO river runs dry and the only orangutans left on the planet are all in zoos" or whatever it's going to be this time, consistently arguing from a perennially weakening position. 

Or bragging about how great some bill that Joe Manchin supports will be for regular people, as if anyone anywhere would buy that fairy tale having any essence of truth to it. "Oh you know with this really great infrastructure bill" or fake climate change protections or whatever it is this election season. 

I'm just waiting.

• D'oh 4

30 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Hide contents

This reminds me, shouldn't OP be returning to this thread soon? He always shows up a little before November to cry about all the people who didn't vote for Hillary in 2016 and tell everyone to vote for Democrats like that's going to do something.

"Vote for Democrats and maybe you'll get your abortion back in 30 years when the CO river runs dry and the only orangutans left on the planet are all in zoos" or whatever it's going to be this time, consistently arguing from a perennially weakening position. 

Or bragging about how great some bill that Joe Manchin supports will be for regular people, as if anyone anywhere would buy that fairy tale having any essence of truth to it. "Oh you know with this really great infrastructure bill" or fake climate change protections or whatever it is this election season. 

I'm just waiting.

I mean let's be clear here, we should be voting for Democrats because the GOP are outright fascists and we are very much on the precipice of a Civil War. That being said, we should also hold the Democrats accountable because they have been extremely complicit in all this and need to actually show that they give a damn about what's happening in this country and not just for boosting their fundraising. We can't just give up hope here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

I mean let's be clear here, we should be voting for Democrats because the GOP are outright fascists and we are very much on the precipice of a Civil War. That being said, we should also hold the Democrats accountable because they have been extremely complicit in all this and need to actually show that they give a damn about what's happening in this country and not just for boosting their fundraising. We can't just give up hope here.

Now you gone and done it...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, matrixman124 said:

we should also hold the Democrats accountable

Hmm well I'd ask how "we" the peons are going to do this while simultaneously voting for them nonstop? Bc that part still doesn't make any sense to me. I've been hearing that meaningless phrase for years now about "holding them accountable" and it never materializes into anything as far as I can tell except more of this:

1 hour ago, matrixman124 said:

I mean let's be clear here, we should be voting for Democrats because the GOP are outright fascists

Dems are capitalist imperialist police state fash themselves, they are two sides of the same awful coin that must be destroyed. I don't see any value in voting for Democrats and perpetuating this broken system where they never do anything to help the people who vote for them, all they do is play their role in helping along big American fascist imperialist project of global domination. 

Edited by NewBluntsworth
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Hmm well I'd ask how "we" the peons are going to do this while simultaneously voting for them nonstop? Bc that part still doesn't make any sense to me. I've been hearing that meaningless phrase for years now about "holding them accountable" and it never materializes into anything as far as I can tell except more of this:

Dems are capitalist imperialist police state fash themselves, they are two sides of the same awful coin that must be destroyed. I don't see any value in voting for Democrats and perpetuating this broken system where they never do anything to help the people who vote for them, all they do is play their role in helping along big American fascist imperialist project of global domination. 

And this is why people don't know what fascism actually means anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, matrixman124 said:

And this is why people don't know what fascism actually means anymore.

What is why? The Dems being so fascist themselves that seeing them next to the GOP confuses people into thinking only one is fash, because it's hard for many Americans to accept that America is one big globe-spanning fascist empire? I can understand that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, matrixman124 said:

If you call everything fascism, it loses all meaning 

Well, it’s not really designed to be a synonym for despotism or authoritarianism to begin with.  It’s a fairly specific ideology that is often conflated with marginally related concepts like imperialism, racism / antisemitism, and nationalism.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Well, it’s not really designed to be a synonym for despotism or authoritarianism to begin with.  It’s a fairly specific ideology that is often conflated with marginally related concepts like imperialism, racism / antisemitism, and nationalism.

Yep, which our boy here is doing.

We need to vote for progressive candidates in primaries otherwise we get stuck with republicans in democrats clothing and I think it’s by design. As roe v Wade was being overturned estab Dems were backing anti choice candidates so while it’s true vote blue cuz republicans are way worse democrats are just cowards getting in their own way cuz they’re pussies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

We need to vote for progressive candidates in primaries

There's definitely some individual exceptions each election cycle with certain races and good candidates and especially evil opponents and what have you, but generally that's the only voting for Democrats I'll support, is in primaries. That's totally practical, nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by NewBluntsworth
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

8 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

There's definitely some individual exceptions each election cycle with certain races and good candidates and especially evil opponents and what have you, but generally that's the only voting for Democrats I'll support, is in primaries. That's totally practical, nothing wrong with that. 

I’m not gonna vote Republican in general elections nor third party because that’s siphoning votes from the democrat.  As bad as Dems are, allowing republicans to gain any more ground in Washington is stupid considering the Ku Klux Klownshow that is today’s status quo Republican. 

show up for progressive candidates support them in primaries get those candidates into the generals reap rewards it’s the only way to change anything short of burning it all tfd 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m not gonna vote Republican in general elections nor third party because that’s siphoning votes from the democrat.

I didn't mean to sound like that was what I was suggesting at all. By some individual exceptions I meant there are some individual general election races and candidates and particularly terrible GOP opponents where I could see voting for a Democrat, but generally no. Primaries only, third party in general, fuck the Democrats, no votes for them. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

We need to vote for progressive candidates in primaries otherwise we get stuck with republicans in democrats clothing and I think it’s by design. As roe v Wade was being overturned estab Dems were backing anti choice candidates so while it’s true vote blue cuz republicans are way worse democrats are just cowards getting in their own way cuz they’re pussies. 

Bingo. That's really the only option at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, NewBluntsworth said:

, fuck the Democrats, no votes for them. 

This line cmtfu idk why maybe because I get it.   They suck. Say one thing do another but it’s the best option. Local elections maybe you can afford to say “fuck them dems” but in some states the opposition is a MTG or a Matt Gaetz type of person and I would not want to be responsible for someone like that makin their way to DC writing legislation for no one but their buddies back home. The ones writing HS textbooks titled “CRT We Don’t Know What it Is but We’ll Tell You Why to Hate It” that are gonna get nominated to head the nation’s education system. 

but I digress…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Bingo. That's really the only option at this point.

I’m hoping Gen Z helps change this because more of them are starting to hit voting age. I’m excited to see how the country’s most diverse generation will approach voting and choosing candidates. 

• Like 4