UnevenEdge

Trump's FBI Raid Goes Nuclear

Raptorpat

27 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

and down here...you would be absolutely wrong. 

'go brandon' 'trump 2024' 'make america great, again' , signs everywhere.

it is fucking absurd. 

My point was more that Trump’s calculus ultimately won’t change regardless of an indictment.  He’s still going to win rural Georgia because DeSantis has all the personality of a watery turd, and still lose in the cities.  His racist dog whistling will continue to call the human dregs with the same efficacy as when he started, but he’s not going to magically win over support from people that weren’t impressed with it before.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see how voters in Georgia and Pennsylvania are going to elect for president someone who is awaiting criminal trial. 

...I mean they just narrowly avoided voting in Herschel "re-enrolled at the University of Georgia and I and not NEARLY mean enough to make a good joke about that" Walker last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am confident Georgia will remain at least a 51-49 Democratic state for awhile. The Democratic base there is pretty stable and has been building for over a decade. It's like Virginia, which used to be a red state, but is now a blue state even in years that are bad for Democrats. 

1 hour ago, Icarus27k said:

I am confident Georgia will remain at least a 51-49 Democratic state for awhile. The Democratic base there is pretty stable and has been building for over a decade. It's like Virginia, which used to be a red state, but is now a blue state even in years that are bad for Democrats. 

I’m with Disco on this.  The raw poll numbers don’t properly convey the local dynamics, which tend to be far less flexible than demographic trends.  There’s a reason why things like racism and bigotry can infiltrate younger and educated city dwellers.

As a lifelong Georgian, I just don’t know. It’s going to be tight for the next decade, hopefully demographics continuing to go left, but outside of Atlanta (which is where the majority of the population live, sure) it’s still a reeeeeeeeeed state. Hell, I live in the metro, and a block away from my subdivision is a field where some dumbfuck flies a huge “China Joe for Prison” flag.

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

you weren't here when mid was running for commissioner, he ran republican, because the incumbent was democrat. he is the chair, and a staunch republican, but had been running on the dem ticket for a couple races ONLY to beat out the dems. he finally went to his correct party. mid HAD won that nigh.t it was announced he won. the next day, the elections board tried to claim all polling places didn't report. there are only 2 in this district. well..the numbers were changed and he got no votes? and lost.  local government is way more shady than national level. this is how these fucks get in office *looking at you MTG*

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

Hell, I live in the metro, and a block away from my subdivision is a field where some dumbfuck flies a huge “China Joe for Prison” flag.

This is one of those times where it would be really fun to put a bigger sign nearby pointing out that all that 'pro-Drumpf' crap is made in China...

On 6/16/2023 at 9:07 AM, Icarus27k said:

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see how voters in Georgia and Pennsylvania are going to elect for president someone who is awaiting criminal trial. 

The man who was elected even after we all heard him brag about sexually assaulting women will absolutely be elected from prison in 2024.  The more his criminality is uncovered the more the people love him and the more the GOP run with the false narrative that this is some sort of witch hunt orchestrated by Biden and the democrats. 

10 hours ago, discolé monade said:

the fall of rome took over 200 years. they had horseback and carrier pigeons

today, we have tic toc and twitter.......

someone do the maths. 

INSTRUCTIONS UNCLEAR

WELCOME TO THE BURNING FIDDLE CHALLENGE

• Haha 6

On 6/17/2023 at 12:55 PM, SwimOdin said:

As a lifelong Georgian, I just don’t know. It’s going to be tight for the next decade, hopefully demographics continuing to go left, but outside of Atlanta (which is where the majority of the population live, sure) it’s still a reeeeeeeeeed state. Hell, I live in the metro, and a block away from my subdivision is a field where some dumbfuck flies a huge “China Joe for Prison” flag.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMihgFodHRwczovL3d3dy4xMWFsaXZlLmNvbS9hcnRpY2xlL25ld3MvbG9jYWwvbmF6aS1wcm90ZXN0LW91dHNpZGUtY29iYi1jb3VudHktc3luYWdvZ3VlLXJlYWN0aW9uLzg1LTkzNmE2Njc4LWI2NTAtNDlkNi04OWIyLWZhOWQ5OWY0MTU4YdIBigFodHRwczovL3d3dy4xMWFsaXZlLmNvbS9hbXAvYXJ0aWNsZS9uZXdzL2xvY2FsL25hemktcHJvdGVzdC1vdXRzaWRlLWNvYmItY291bnR5LXN5bmFnb2d1ZS1yZWFjdGlvbi84NS05MzZhNjY3OC1iNjUwLTQ5ZDYtODliMi1mYTlkOTlmNDE1OGE?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Not to dox myself, but case in point, this is my county, that flipped blue since 2016.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/21/georgia-trump-charges-fraud-election-2020

Fulton county prosecutors prepare racketeering charges in Trump inquiry

"The Fulton county district attorney investigating Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the state of Georgia has developed evidence to charge a sprawling racketeering indictment next month, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The racketeering statute in Georgia requires prosecutors to show the existence of an “enterprise” – and a pattern of racketeering activity that is predicated on at least two “qualifying” crimes."

Ive maintained throughout this entire saga that the Georgia case was the more dangerous one for Trump, and I sure was right. This looks like the kind of case that puts people behind bars for quite some time. Racketeering charges are major charges, and you don't bring this kind of case unless you have the evidence to back it up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...