UnevenEdge

Trump's FBI Raid Goes Nuclear

Raptorpat

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

*puts $100 on the table*

If republicans take the house, they will appoint Donald Trump as the unelected Speaker. Biden and Harris will be removed from office, and Trump will be third in line for presidential succession.

Sure, I'll let you give me $100. 

Bet is if the Republicans take the House, they (1) make Trump speaker, and (2) remove Biden and Harris from office by political means other than losing re-election. 

When 1 and 2 don't happen, you lose the bet.

Edited by NewBluntsworth

1 minute ago, SwimModSponges said:

Amend (2) such that if Biden and Harris are removed from office by any means other than losing re-election and you got a bet.

Done, and also this must happen within the timeframe of the next Congress, so from whenever the new Congress gets inaugurated in January '23 until same in January '25. So really you've got all the way until after the Presidential election for this to shake out. 

*puts $100 on the table*

If republicans take the house, they will appoint Donald Trump as the unelected Speaker. Biden and Harris will be removed from office, and Trump will be third in line for presidential succession.

We're coming into the  end game and they've got the pieces laid out pretty damn clearly.

I consider myself a glass half full person on the current political shit show but I'm not even willing to take that bet. Trump and his ilk don't give a crap about precedent as long as they get what they want. 

9 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

And here we.... Go.

Yep, all over the Chicago news - the Huckster claimed the Chicago Trump tower was "worthless" for tax purposes, but was also using it for collateral for loans.

The only thing "worthless" about it was the name on the Tower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

The problem isn't the assets themselves, the problem is the institutions that employ them. We shouldn't be celebrating the loss of life here period.

No, losing individual assets is pretty important, even if they weren't promptly murdered by Russian Intelligence.

25 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

No, losing individual assets is pretty important, even if they weren't promptly murdered by Russian Intelligence.

We shouldn't be celebrating the lives lost. Only the crumbling of the institutions and tyrants who employ them. And when I say that I do mean both Russia and western hegemony. Like let's face it, Ukrainian and Russian soldiers are caught between a rock and a hard place. The former forced into survival mode against invaders, the latter forced into a meat grinder by a paranoid despot. It's not good.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matrixman124 said:

We shouldn't be celebrating the lives lost. Only the crumbling of the institutions and tyrants who employ them. And when I say that I do mean both Russia and western hegemony. Like let's face it, Ukrainian and Russian soldiers are caught between a rock and a hard place. The former forced into survival mode against invaders, the latter forced into a meat grinder by a paranoid despot. It's not good.

Oh I agree, however it's also worth noting that a lot of those assets tend to muddy the waters.  I'm in no way celebrating the loss of any asset regardless of its value, just pointing out that chances are pretty good that the most important assets were never exposed to Trump for the simple reason that the would likely have been wasted on his unorthodox decision making in the first place.  It begs the question of who in fact was actually exposed by this leak.

4 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

The problem isn't the assets themselves, the problem is the institutions that employ them. We shouldn't be celebrating the loss of life here period.

It's good news because it's bad for those institutions. A bunch of CIA agents and assets die and maybe people won't want to work with them as much anymore and maybe it spoils or postpones some of whatever horrors our agencies are planning next, all good news here. 

• D'oh 2

1 hour ago, NewBluntsworth said:

It's good news because it's bad for those institutions. A bunch of CIA agents and assets die and maybe people won't want to work with them as much anymore and maybe it spoils or postpones some of whatever horrors our agencies are planning next, all good news here. 

It'll take a lot more than the loss of the grunts.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rpgamer said:

I'm just finding it hilarious how he can invoke "Hillary's emails" for anything. Someone needs to mash up an "Aliens" meme with him using that response.

Which first off if he somehow DID have Hillary's emails, there's no way that wouldn't be at least, like, a coffee table book or something by this point.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 11:02 PM, rpgamer said:

I'm just finding it hilarious how he can invoke "Hillary's emails" for anything. Someone needs to mash up an "Aliens" meme with him using that response.

This is the incredible jackoff people thought outplayed Clinton.

Trump didn't outsmart anyone. She set a bear trap and deliberately slammed her face into it. Winning a hunting contest because your opponent hospitalized themself before you even got to do anything isn't an impressive victory.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

This is the incredible jackoff people thought outplayed Clinton.

Trump didn't outsmart anyone. She set a bear trap and deliberately slammed her face into it. Winning a hunting contest because your opponent hospitalized themself before you even got to do anything isn't an impressive victory.

Trump didn't even think he was going to win. Everyone underestimated how unlikable Hilary was. That's really it.

• Like 3

I gotta disagree.

Clinton was certainly not anyone people were excited to vote for*, but neither was Biden.

Yeah, Biden was probably more popular because a "not Trump" vote in 2020 meant a whole lot more than a "not trump" vote in 2016 before we actually understood the consequences of what was done, but still.

The announcement of a sham "investigation" of Hillary's emails literally directly before the election was a gunshot to the head of her campaign. 

Sure, Trump voters will vote just as strongly for a presidential candidate under federal investigation, but for folks who try to be reasonable and open minded, something like that is really going to spook them.

*amending my answer- lotta folks were in fact excited to have "the first woman president". Hell, you ever hear that country song- "lets put a woman in the white house"? Because i hear it over the work radio like multiple times per week.

Edited by SwimModSponges

I gotta disagree.

Clinton was certainly not anyone people were excited to vote for*, but neither was Biden.

Yeah, Biden was probably more popular because a "not Trump" vote in 2020 meant a whole lot more than a "not trump" vote in 2016 before we actually understood the consequences of what was done, but still.

The announcement of a sham "investigation" of Hillary's emails literally directly before the election was a gunshot to the head of her campaign. 

Sure, Trump voters will vote just as strongly for a presidential candidate under federal investigation, but for folks who try to be reasonable and open minded, something like that is really going to spook them.

*amending my answer- lotta folks were in fact excited to have "the first woman president". Hell, you ever hear that country song- "lets put a woman in the white house"? Because i hear it over the work radio like multiple times per week.

It's not disputable that Hillary Clinton was not a particularly popular candidate.  Sure there were plenty of people that voted for her and were excited about the prospect of a woman as President.  Younger liberal votes were generally ambivalent toward her and she was fairly unpopular among independents.  That is the central reason for her going down in defeat to Donald Trump.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

It's not disputable that Hillary Clinton was not a particularly popular candidate.  Sure there were plenty of people that voted for her and were excited about the prospect of a woman as President.  Younger liberal votes were generally ambivalent toward her and she was fairly unpopular among independents.  That is the central reason for her going down in defeat to Donald Trump.

The DNC did prop Trump up under the belief they could beat the easiest opponent they could've asked for. It was a complete failure on her behalf for not taking it seriously and assuming she'd just win by default.

Trump was Clinton's fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

I gotta disagree.

I would say that Trump won because he was not Hilary and Biden won because he was not Trump. It was the aversion to the loser in 2016 and 2020 that led to the outcomes in my opinion.

Edited by matrixman124

6 hours ago, naraku360 said:

The DNC did prop Trump up under the belief they could beat the easiest opponent they could've asked for. It was a complete failure on her behalf for not taking it seriously and assuming she'd just win by default.

Trump was Clinton's fault.

lol.  Hillary was a poor candidate, but she’s not responsible for racists and bigots voting for an openly racist and bigoted candidate.  Even if she had taken him more seriously, that doesn’t change the fact too many voters either quietly agreed with him or didn’t take voting against him seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/29/cannon-dearie-trump-documents-classified/

Judge Cannon rules that Trump does not have to comply with Special Master.

Trump - I need a Special Master! They touched all my files and took all the stuff I hadn't sold off yet!

Judge - Granted!

Special Master - I need you to answer a few questions about things.

Trump - NO! I DON'T WANNA! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

Judge - You don't have to answer the Special Master that you insisted on having. Have a pudding!

Everyone else - Show us on the doll where democracy touched you. :| 

• Thanks 4

https://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2022/09/30

Back story - Wiley once had a wide distribution in a number of newspapers.  He mistakenly put "F*ck Trump" in the margin of a panel of one of his comics and forgot to remove it before sending it in (I think it was around the holidays & he had a bunch of family in-house).  Whoever was supposed to proof his stuff missed it and it even made it into some papers.  It's been years since then and he's still not in print in many places.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

https://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2022/09/30

Back story - Wiley once had a wide distribution in a number of newspapers.  He mistakenly put "F*ck Trump" in the margin of a panel of one of his comics and forgot to remove it before sending it in (I think it was around the holidays & he had a bunch of family in-house).  Whoever was supposed to proof his stuff missed it and it even made it into some papers.  It's been years since then and he's still not in print in many places.

Ah that's a shame. He does decent satire