UnevenEdge

Draft ruling shows Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade: report

ZoomBubba

12 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

Nice let me know how it is, my wife and I are looking at options too.

Will do. I hope the weather holds cuz it’s gonna be a few miles walk from Brooklyn to Greenwich village.  I opted to not dress like Offred though wouldn’t get the outfit in time anyway.  

Anyone protesting at Manchin’s homes in WVA and DC yet?  

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, 1pooh4u said:

I’m going to a protest this Saturday and I’m seriously considering going dressed as Offred from the Handmaids Tale, but then again there probably will be a shit ton of people dressed that way cuz it’s 💯 appropriate. Sadly. 

i will be there with you in spirit. 
i would also have made you an outfit had i known. 
i'm going to look to see if there are any protests here. sadly, this red state is beside itself with glee about this fucking mess. 

closest thing is in ATL. 

i may have to piss off the neighbors...again, and put out a sign of some sort. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Mitch McConnell “it’s the job of the SC to make rulings that the majority of Americans don’t like” 

https://jnews.uk/mitch-mcconnell-on-abortion-its-the-supreme-courts-job-to-issue-rulings-americans-dont-want/

I went to the rally. Of course it rained. 

So which is it - the majority of Americans want abortion outlawed or the majority of Americans hate the current leaked intention of the SC to allow it to be outlawed? Because you can't insist its both. 

There was another protest today but I did not go, didn't want to spread potential flu-plague to people. I'm waiting to see if there's any coverage on the local news though. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

So which is it - the majority of Americans want abortion outlawed or the majority of Americans hate the current leaked intention of the SC to allow it to be outlawed? Because you can't insist its both. 

There was another protest today but I did not go, didn't want to spread potential flu-plague to people. I'm waiting to see if there's any coverage on the local news though. 

I hope there’s another one I didn’t get any pictures that came out good cuz I’m short and also the rain makes it hard for the screen to respond to touch and I flew out the door without a phone charger 🤦‍♀️ Eventually I was like I wanna be in the moment so I didn’t bother anymore.   My voice is shot 😆

• Like 3

I can’t anymore more with this “the Supreme Court gave the power back to the people” bullshit that anti choice people are spewing.  Like htf do you not realize how stupid you sound being glad you get to take a choice away from someone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

Also pretty dumb since the majority of Americans are in favor of abortion rights.

Kinda like gun control...

Probably also dismantling the electoral college...

Student loan forgiveness...

Increasing the minimum wage....

Paid maternal/family leave...

What power do "the people" have again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 2

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

Also pretty dumb since the majority of Americans are in favor of abortion rights.

Kinda like gun control...

Probably also dismantling the electoral college...

Student loan forgiveness...

Increasing the minimum wage....

Paid maternal/family leave...

What power do "the people" have again?

They got the power to tell other people “no, you can’t do that” 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

So, how many people have been arrested for violating 18 USC 1507?

Yes cuz getting arrested for picketing or protesting at the SCOTUS court house or the Justice’s homes needs to be the issue here. 

I really fuckin hate you. Seriously. Fuck you. 

• Thanks 8
  • D'oh 1

What a fuckin tool. What’s more likely to happen is this:

a woman 6 months pregnant goes into labor, if the child isn’t delivered, the woman will most likely die, all the doctors are frozen, too afraid to act because someone’s life being in danger is sometimes subjective, but laws exist where doctors can be sued if they perform abortions after 6 months. If the woman lives and the baby dies, anyone can say “see her life wasn’t in danger” and sue the shit out of the doctor that aborted the 6 month fetus that was miscarrying anyway. Doctors do nothing out of fear and everyone dies including the partner because they lost the love of their life and future in just a few hours so they kill themselves 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And all because people feel entitled to have a say in someone else’s approach to healthcare. This isn’t just with pregnancies.  Transgender people, particularly youth deal with the same entitled assholes. We got states that will take children away from loving supportive parents cuz they got gender reaffirming healthcare for their child. Can you imagine that shit?  But hey yahoo this is Amurica where our guns are fast and the people are fuckin stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 1

57 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Jingo urgently formulating a defense.

Fuck that.  He forgot about it as soon as he posted it, because, you see.....

... He's the most magnificent troll the UEMB has ever seen just like the all the important old guys on the topsides of the table always tell him.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, mthor said:

So what does he plan to do to protect post-born babies? 

Not a godsdamned thing. 

Passing a bunch of words is cheap. Removing someone's rights to make their own medical decisions based on their gender is cheap. Actually doing anything to ensure that something that takes an actual breath on its own can do so in a society that won't instantly shit on it for being born poor might cost tax payer money that would be better spent on reimbursing politicians for travel, food, and housing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mthor said:

So what does he plan to do to protect post-born babies? 

Stream episode The Quest for the Conch by The Magic Conch podcast | Listen  online for free on SoundCloud

Spoiler

Normally I'm like "I'm not really sorry" but this is the most mad I've ever been at one of my own jokes because we all know it's going to be FUCKING TRUE.

Are we done talking about how it's vital to protect preborn babies only to dump them into an already overcrowded, underfunded, inadequate foster care system while simultaneously not providing universal health care to provide these preborn babies and the incubators enough healthcare to successfully carry these preborn babies to term so they could probably .... not go to college anyway because there won't be any colleges because women don't read in the handmaid's tale ... or nah?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

When are Governors gonna start saying “life begins in the testicles” and stop men from jerking off outside of sperm banks 

CRIMINALIZE MALE MASTURBATION THEY SWIM THEREFORE THEY LIVE HURR DURRR 

The funniest/saddest part of that is THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE ACTUALLY FUCKING SAYS THAT but no conservatives/bible thumpers give a fucking shit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

The funniest/saddest part of that is THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE ACTUALLY FUCKING SAYS THAT but no conservatives/bible thumpers give a fucking shit.

They do insofar that they’ll tell you yanking it is wrong and a sin, but they won’t go out of their way to make your lives miserable for doing it.  I seriously want a ban on it. Millions of lives snuffed out in an instant. It’s not right. Won’t anyone think of the preborn babbies?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

*looks at thread title*

Dafuq is everyone talking about loans?

5992F7B0-7A94-41B6-ABA5-CFE333F55F3B.gif

Hopefully someone can take the three pages of student loan stuff and make a new thread out of it. Clearly half the population losing safe abortion access is boring to people.  Idk. 

• Like 1