UnevenEdge

Draft ruling shows Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade: report

ZoomBubba

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I just read it fuck Jingai. A horrible decision basically stating that 3 different groups have 3 different opinions and for the first 185 years most places in the country didn’t allow it so therefore it’s not a constitutional right and states should have the right to decide for themselves based on what the citizens want but half of those people deciding can’t even get pregnant so fuck what they think.  

It completely runs counter to the notion of precedent.... the entire reason the fucking court even exists.  Alito is essentially pretending that the last nearly 50 years of precedent should never have happened.  It's shockingly bad.

Obviously the reason Roberts is so concerned  by the leak is that it shows a fundamental lack of understanding about not just previous decisions but of the process itself, all by one of the most senior members of the court and just weeks after the other most senior member of the court compromised himself through his idiot dick coozy (among other things).  It effectively amounts to him nitpicking the previous rulings (Roe and Casey) so as to invalidate them rather than use them as a foundation for a revised ruling.  The fact that he his essentially parroting the GOP talking point of Roe being wrong as opposed to filling in gaps of the previous ruling is what is most concerning.

Edited by scoobdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Judges can do whatever they want and it's legal...that's why we should add about 10-12 new Justices And they should all be 29-44 year old women with Real jobs, not fake email from bed jobs, probably no Homeowners, and definitely nobody who will respect ""legal precedent"" or 'constitutionality' or w/e as an excuse to opt out of actively working to change things that have long been terrible

Edited by Nablonsky
  • Haha 1

But WoMeN aReNT tReAtEd lIeK iNcUbAt0rS

Even after seeing the opinion that women should be forced to carry to term so people can adopt more American born babies explicitly stated 

and Jingai thought reading the draft would change something somehow. Only thing it changed is that apparently most of the SC justices thought the Handmaid’s Tale and the Republic of Gilead were true stories and places worthy of emulation. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, stilgar said:

Aren't there enough kids not getting adopted already?

The quote specifically mentions infants a month old or younger. So I guess any older makes them damaged goods.

Still keep their value longer than pro-life supporters give them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PenguinBoss said:

The quote specifically mentions infants a month old or younger. So I guess any older makes them damaged goods.

Still keep their value longer than pro-life supporters give them.

Also, I am pretty sure domestic supply means white.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

5 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

Draft decision: "We want the states to decide how abortion is handled instead of the Federal government, which may lead to women becoming more wary of having children"

Also draft decision: "we need more white American babies"

• Like 2
  • D'oh 1

So states are gonna make plan B contraception illegal and even possibly IUDs as these contraceptives are wrongly called “abortients”. 
the founding fathers’ not explicitly putting abortion in the constitution as an excuse to expressly forbid it is idiocy.  At the time the constitution was written abortions were allowed up until “quickening” (when movement of the fetus can be felt in the womb) also women weren’t thought of PERIOD. 

worst fuckin opinion ever @Ginguy get your ass back in here and explain why reading the draft opinion was supposed to make things better somehow. Defend your shit position instead of just posting memes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

The Handmaid's Tale 

Are they going to outlaw condoms and vasectomies too then since they want to increase the domestic supply of infants? 

Or are we only going to be able to purchase contraceptives with a permission slip from our husbands or fathers? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

The Handmaid's Tale 

Are they going to outlaw condoms and vasectomies too then since they want to increase the domestic supply of infants? 

Or are we only going to be able to purchase contraceptives with a permission slip from our husbands or fathers? 

Wait… I don’t have to wear condoms anymore?!? This is all starting to look pretty great!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vamped said:

The Handmaid's Tale 

All married women will need permission from their husband’s for contraception of any kind.  This is definitely not just about abortion anymore. Not when states are tossing contraceptives out the window and intentionally misunderstanding what they do.  I wonder if any of these abortion restrictive states offer free birth control 

• Like 2
  • D'oh 1

4 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

The videos of the protests outside kavanaughs house are a bit hilarious and the right wing media is saying it’s the scariest thing they’ve ever seen…

The most horrifying protests they have ever seen .... XD

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

So states are gonna make plan B contraception illegal and even possibly IUDs as these contraceptives are wrongly called “abortients”. 
the founding fathers’ not explicitly putting abortion in the constitution as an excuse to expressly forbid it is idiocy.  At the time the constitution was written abortions were allowed up until “quickening” (when movement of the fetus can be felt in the womb) also women weren’t thought of PERIOD. 

worst fuckin opinion ever @Ginguy get your ass back in here and explain why reading the draft opinion was supposed to make things better somehow. Defend your shit position instead of just posting memes 

Don't forget, these are the same people who claim that the 2nd Amendment allows them to own a rocket launcher if they want because it doesn't specifically say they CAN'T own a rocket launcher. :| 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Vamped said:

The most horrifying protests they have ever seen .... XD

Yeah...it's the Biden Administration's fault that these sorts of violent protests are allowed to happen! People aren't allowed to protest to intimidate someone to change a vote! It's the will of the people that the SC is following after all!

I just want to attach shock collars to various Faux personalities that only shock when a lie is told. Find out once and for all if they believe their own bullshit or if they'll fry straight through their own neck before the first commercial break. :| 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Don't forget, these are the same people who claim that the 2nd Amendment allows them to own a rocket launcher if they want because it doesn't specifically say they CAN'T own a rocket launcher. :| 

Also the 2A created a deep moral divide and since the country actually doesn’t have a tradition of allowing anyone to own any type of gun they want and actually had a tradition of taking the first half of the 2A as seriously as the second part, we need to strike down previous rulings on 2A because they don’t follow tradition and previous court rulings having a long standing tradition of not overruling prior courts isn’t enough. Sorry it’s how things are now. 

watch how bat shit bananas all the ammosexuals would get if a decision like that was ever made by the court concerning 2A

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Poof said:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/05/roe-abortion-miscarriage-crime-murder-prosecution/

Don't forget it's also about filling those prison quotas with poor women

I couldn’t even finish the article because it’s outrageous that because she used drugs and miscarried she deserves 4 years in prison.  It’s disgusting and I want to know if Oklahoma has private prisons and if so do these corporate prisons have contracts with the state to always have a prison population over a certain number 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I couldn’t even finish the article because it’s outrageous that because she used drugs and miscarried she deserves 4 years in prison.  It’s disgusting and I want to know if Oklahoma has private prisons and if so do these corporate prisons have contracts with the state to always have a prison population over a certain number 

I know GA does and that only because I was locked up a couple of months there. I never looked into it here because I've only ever spent a few hours locked up here.

GA jails were owned and supplied by some Bob Barker dude....not the PiR guy...I found that out later.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I know GA does and that only because I was locked up a couple of months there. I never looked into it here because I've only ever spent a few hours locked up here.

GA jails were owned and supplied by some Bob Barker dude....not the PiR guy...I found that out later.

NYS doesn’t allow for privately run prisons which is a positive insofar that there’s no one telling our government how many prisoners MUST be kept incarcerated at any given time.  It makes things like bail reform easier to accomplish.  Unfortunately they wanna reform the reform.   Private prisons probably sounded real good to poorer states. Get some company to take care of the inmates while the state doesn’t have to gaf what happens within them and they can still provide zero rehabilitation.  It’s quite the racket. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m going to a protest this Saturday and I’m seriously considering going dressed as Offred from the Handmaids Tale, but then again there probably will be a shit ton of people dressed that way cuz it’s 💯 appropriate. Sadly. 

There was a protest here on Sunday that I wanted to attend but no buses on Sundays. Biking that distance would have blown out my joints as they currently are. 

Although, the additional pain would have likely provided some very horrifying / sarcastic quotes on the evening news...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

There was a protest here on Sunday that I wanted to attend but no buses on Sundays. Biking that distance would have blown out my joints as they currently are. 

Although, the additional pain would have likely provided some very horrifying / sarcastic quotes on the evening news...

Senate tried to open a debate on codifying R v W but Manchin voted no with the republicans. People need to protest at Manchin’s house. 

There are gonna be plenty of protests over this. You’ll get to one eventually. 

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Senate tried to open a debate on codifying R v W but Manchin voted no with the republicans. People need to protest at Manchin’s house. 

There are gonna be plenty of protests over this. You’ll get to one eventually. 

Manchin is only a [ D ] because it currently gives him a voice and makes him feel special - all the Democrats need his vote to do a damn thing in the current split so he can ass-drag on all the things. If he officially joined the Republican party [ and don't anyone cry about his voters only voting [ D ] because if he was worth an actual squirrels fart, they'd keep voting for him regardless of his letterings ] he wouldn't have a voice anymore. He's nothing more than a good-ol-boy wart on everyone's ass. :| 

I'm sure there will be. With the bullshit sitting on the governor's desk right now, all sorts of hell will happen if the decision leaked is the 'final' say. 

I've already put in for mail-in ballots for all the elections this year to ensure that I get my vote on. Screw the 'mail-in ballots are fraud!1!' people, I work for a living and standing in line in the kinds of weather we get around here after a full day of working is not healthy. 

• Like 2