UnevenEdge

Draft ruling shows Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade: report

ZoomBubba

1 minute ago, SwimModSponges said:

I still post, just incredibly slowly.

Also not going to argue my inent.

Pro-choice af and referring to time periods by what they're known as, but sure.

Let's all change the focus of the topic to attacking me.

Then come correct with better shit to talk about

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Ffs, he ain't saying we should bring that back or anything. It was the best available at the time, and was a widely accepted practice. Medical advancements made it safer, and somehow it's become less acceptable.

I think the point that one founding father wrote a book that contained herbal abortions is besides the point. It’s been stated several times in this thread that there were no laws on abortion at that time. Sponges typical sarcastic way of presenting shit is the issue here even if he placed “enlightened times” in quotes ignoring that the remedies were extremely toxic and dangerous 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

...I believe the point was that (one of) the founding fathers believed in access to abortion, given that at-home was the best you could get at the time. Thus, this ruling, like most, cites the "founding fathers" with no consideration to their beliefs.

It also said that most of that information was taken from indigenous and enslaved people when midwives were the ones providing primary care for women .... so you add the white men into the middle of things and stir up a little more control and oppression. So I'm still not sure what he was getting at. The novelty of the idea of abortions for the white men that didn't know about it? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I think the point that one founding father wrote a book that contained herbal abortions is besides the point. It’s been stated several times in this thread that there were no laws on abortion at that time. Sponges typical sarcastic way of presenting shit is the issue here even if he placed “enlightened times” in quotes ignoring that the remedies were extremely toxic and dangerous 

"Age of enlightenment" is an accurate term for that time period, but more appropriately applied to Europe, though the founders were still plenty influenced by overseas politics and philosophies.

The SCOTUS really wanted to spend this week more than any other to show us all that they are effectively useless and unquantifiably evil.

The fact that the molester with the insurrectionist wife is already clamoring to see if states will get rid of even more rights is more than enough proof that there’s an insurgency going on in the judicial branch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

"Age of enlightenment" is an accurate term for that time period, but more appropriately applied to Europe, though the founders were still plenty influenced by overseas politics and philosophies.

But it was only a “period of enlightenment” in the context of that time because there was plenty of shit going down that was far from enlightenment and it doesn’t take away the fact that a dude is telling a woman “well actually” on this matter 

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

But it was only a “period of enlightenment” in the context of that time because there was plenty of shit going down that was far from enlightenment and it doesn’t take away the fact that a dude is telling a woman “well actually” on this matter 

You're not wrong. But, all sponges was saying is that the founding fathers were more enlightened (on this one singular matter at least) than this court that claims to worship them.

Not that we should be surprised at them worshipping their own interpretation of something.

1 minute ago, rpgamer said:

You're not wrong. But, all sponges was saying is that the founding fathers were more enlightened (on this one singular matter at least) than this court that claims to worship them.

Not that we should be surprised at them worshipping their own interpretation of something.

This doesn't seem enlightened to me, its just publishing some information. Women issues wasnt even an issue in the first place. Sure you can have this abortion tea recipe. Its not like you have any rights or protections anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rpgamer said:

It was one founding father idk wth the others thought. They probably didn’t think of it at all.  Also the qualification of the at home abortion being safe is also an issue.  Maybe there were no other remedies at that time but to qualify something that could destroy the liver as “safe” is gonna rustle jimmies. 

the founding fathers compromised the worth of Black people and left them in chains. This was acceptable to them. Drinking an abortion potion that could kill you was acceptable to Franklin.  Maybe we need not discuss them at all. 

surely no one could expect anyone to be like “cool cool” to the point being raised?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

The SCOTUS really wanted to spend this week more than any other to show us all that they are effectively useless and unquantifiably evil.

The fact that the molester with the insurrectionist wife is already clamoring to see if states will get rid of even more rights is more than enough proof that there’s an insurgency going on in the judicial branch. 

Useless and evil to the American people yes 

.... useful AF to the people paying them 

Clarence Thomas just makes think about that Chapelle Show skit with the blind KKK  member that didn't know he was black. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rpgamer said:

Would be super nice if we could get there. But, still got this obnoxious loud minority wanting to drag us back...

I agree with Bnjmy. The constitution needs to be rewritten.  Especially now that it’s treated like religious doctrine instead of the living document it was created to be. 

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I agree with Bnjmy. The constitution needs to be rewritten.  Especially now that it’s treated like religious doctrine instead of the living document it was created to be. 

Absofuckinglutely. But, I think a big worry at this point is, because of those nut jobs, we'd be facing a revolution if we ever tried.

Chances are we're heading in that direction one way or another...

And maybe it kinda needs to happen. But I'm also not thrilled with opening that door allowing any sore loser to violently impose their will.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

The counterpoint is the reason Alito was specific that this only applies to abortion is because he needed to limit it to abortion to get the five votes. Because the legal analysis here is just filling in for the politics of a 50-year campaign to do this.

Kavanaugh's solo concurrence doubled down that this only applies to abortion and doesn't call into question the other rights. So he's at least one of Thomas' weak links.

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

Absofuckinglutely. But, I think a big worry at this point is, because of those nut jobs, we'd be facing a revolution if we ever tried.

Chances are we're heading in that direction one way or another...

And maybe it kinda needs to happen. But I'm also not thrilled with opening that door allowing any sore loser to violently impose their will.

True but at this point we can’t be afraid to open that door. For decades we ignored the writing on the wall and finally the right has the people they need in all the right places to do wtf they want.  All any state has to do is draft ridiculous legislation contradictory to our constitution to get their way. Absolutely with the current SCOTUS. Biden would have to add multiple seats to undo any of this, if it can be undone.   
We are losing too many rights of protection to gaf about the what ifs now, unfortunately 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Kavanaugh's solo concurrence doubled down that this only applies to abortion and doesn't call into question the other rights. So he's at least one of Thomas' weak links.

Forgive me if I trust absolutely nothing that comes from Brett Kavanaugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

True but at this point we can’t be afraid to open that door. For decades we ignored the writing on the wall and finally the right has the people they need in all the right places to do wtf they want.  All any state has to do is draft ridiculous legislation contradictory to our constitution to get there way. Absolutely with the current SCOTUS. Biden would have to add multiple seats to undo any of this, if it can be undone.   
We are losing too many rights of protection to gaf about the what ifs now, unfortunately 

Ultimately, I'd agree. I'd like to be hopeful enough that the results of such extreme action would still be favorable and popular enough to prevent the vocal minority from gaining enough traction to try overturning anything. I'd like to believe that the failed coup is a clear sign they don't have the power they think they do.

Or, at the very least, violent revolution now would send the message that we won't stand for this shit when they try again.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Forgive me if I trust absolutely nothing that comes from Brett Kavanaugh.

Not saying he wouldn't be willing to side with Thomas in those future cases, but he felt the need to write himself a separate concurrence to explain his contorted rationale for the history books.

35 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Ultimately, I'd agree. I'd like to be hopeful enough that the results of such extreme action would still be favorable and popular enough to prevent the vocal minority from gaining enough traction to try overturning anything. I'd like to believe that the failed coup is a clear sign they don't have the power they think they do.

Or, at the very least, violent revolution now would send the message that we won't stand for this shit when they try again.

It’s time for us to stop being afraid of this vocal minority.  They have too much control over our lives now and they refuse to see the difference between a right that infringes on no one else (like abortion, gay marriage, transgender rights) and those that do (guns, refusing health mandates for vaccinations or bare min mask wearing) there’s a group of people that only gaf about themselves. These fucks don’t care about life or children. It’s clear by refusing to do real gun control and striking down laws that states put in place to limit guns that they give zero fucks about any of that. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s time for us to stop being afraid of this vocal minority.  They have too much control over our lives now and they refuse to see the difference between a right that infringes on no one else (like abortion, gay marriage, transgender rights) and those that do (guns, refusing health mandates for vaccinations or bare min mask wearing) there’s a group of people that only gaf about themselves. These fucks don’t care about life or children. It’s clear by refusing to do real gun control and striking down laws that states put in place to limit guns that they give zero fucks about any of that. 

It’s pretty much everyone above 60 years old… they shouldnt have a single say over what is happening now

Edited by Sawdamizer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

It’s pretty much everyone above 60 years old… they shouldnt have a single say over what is happening now

Watch it, you ageist brat! There are a lot of us who cheered when Roe v. Wade was decided, and just because we're out of the gene pool doesn't mean we don't care about what happens to our daughters and granddaughters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mthor said:

Watch it, you ageist brat! There are a lot of us who cheered when Roe v. Wade was decided, and just because we're out of the gene pool doesn't mean we don't care about what happens to our daughters and granddaughters.

Right, but the majority of those people in power have no concern of the long term impact, you know what I was saying….

14 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

This mother fucking piece of fucking shit.. him and Alito can fucking get fucked

CE256285-A1FE-4598-B026-7E1211725118.jpeg

Motherfucker never asks a single question during oral arguments during his entire time on the bench, until the past year or two.

5 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

One time I got pulled over (can't exactly remember for what but VERY most likely speeding), so as I was waiting for the cop to come to my window I quickly dug out my registration from my glove box and my license from my wallet and immediately tried handing it to him. He looked at it but didn't take it and asked me what I was doing. I said it's my license and registration. He said I could put it away. I said you don't need to see it? He said, no that's just something Hollywood (meaning TV/movies etc) does. I think he told me police very rarely need to see people's registration and often don't need to see their license.

They can usually see your registration by running your plate, which they do before the walk up.

19 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

His ogre of a wife should be in jail and probably him too. 

I dont know how she's directly involved with the insurrection and they're letting him stay on the bench ... like wtf. Might as well go on and throw interracial marriage onto the fire with everything else he's proposing the court reevaluate. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vamped said:

I dont know how she's directly involved with the insurrection and they're letting him stay on the bench ... like wtf. Might as well go on and throw interracial marriage onto the fire with everything else he's proposing the court reevaluate. 

Idk how he remains on the bench nor the clowns that lied during hearings.   Fuck them all. Mitch McConnell too. Pieces of shits, they are. 

• Like 2

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

Idk how he remains on the bench nor the clowns that lied during hearings.   Fuck them all. Mitch McConnell too. Pieces of shits, they are. 

Well clearly McConnell been shaking hands with the devil. Those burned up hands can't convince me of anything else 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Well clearly McConnell been shaking hands with the devil. Those burned up hands can't convince me of anything else 

McConnell deserves a kick in the balls along with a tube of hand cream from the dollar general. Preferably a brand made with lead. 

Just now, Sawdamizer said:

Let’s see what happens this weekend. I’d proudly support any actions happening in the 100 mile area with my physical presence… nothing so far… 

I'm sure some things will happen by then. It's still the working hours after all.