UnevenEdge

okay, so will smith gets points for style, but he doesn't even crack the top ten all time for me

nameraka

9 hours ago, -Ninja_Jesus- said:

Furthermore, I absolutely hate these “Will Smith is a cuck” jokes. They’re married, in a true committed relationship, and that means having your spouse’s back no matter what, especially if the both of them worked past the cheating incident. That’s what it means to be a husband.

Lol

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

I mean the joke was in poor taste but it was a joke yo 🤷

Like Vamped said, it wasn't just a joke. That was mocking a person's medical condition in front of millions with a mindset there wasn't really anything Jada could do in that setting to defend herself. That's why Chris Rock just stood there for so long when Will Smith walked up to him. Will was supposed to play nice for the white folks and the cameras, but it didn't work out like that.

I wish that slap had been harder, but I admit to being biased because at MedHold at Boot Camp, all of us were the butt of jokes by TIs who publicly mocked us knowing there was no way to verbally or physically defend ourselves. I also know many people with visible disabilities who refuse to go to comedy shows because they're easy targets to hacks who have no empathy whatsoever. Some people take joy from being cruel, and you don't get exempted if you're a comedian. If you want to say some fucked up shit, then accept the fact you might get popped in the face.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Like Vamped said, it wasn't just a joke. That was mocking a person's medical condition in front of millions with a mindset there wasn't really anything Jada could do in that setting to defend herself. That's why Chris Rock just stood there for so long when Will Smith walked up to him. Will was supposed to play nice for the white folks and the cameras, but it didn't work out like that.

I wish that slap had been harder, but I admit to being biased because at MedHold at Boot Camp, all of us were the butt of jokes by TIs who publicly mocked us knowing there was no way to verbally or physically defend ourselves. I also know many people with visible disabilities who refuse to go to comedy shows because they're easy targets to hacks who have no empathy whatsoever. Some people take joy from being cruel, and you don't get exempted if you're a comedian. If you want to say some fucked up shit, then accept the fact you might get popped in the face.

I thought he punched him for a sec. Chris Rock has such a punchable face.. He's a comedian it's hard to have sympathy for. Also it's not the first time Chris Rock as a host has thrown jabs at Will and Jada, and not only about their relationship, but at their status as celebrities.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/oscars-2022-chris-rocks-history-with-will-jada-pinkett-smith/

“Jada got mad, said she’s not coming,” Rock said during his opening monologue. “Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties. I wasn’t invited.”

“It’s not fair that Will was this good and didn’t get nominated,” Rock said. “It’s also not fair that Will was paid $20 million for Wild Wild West.”<--I mean this is an acceptable roast imo just comes across as a playful jab at Will...but again at that ceremony he was pretty harsh on Jada then as well.  

43 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Wow.  He lets Louis CK call him an N-word and laughs along with it?

God Damn. 

This is my entire problem with the alleged nword pass. It's not funny to me and Louis has or at least had a black sig other...even if she's cool with it, you would think he would know it's mad disrespectful, but nope....dropping nbombs with the hard er for the lulz, and Chris is there to make it all ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

This is my entire problem with the alleged nword pass. It's not funny to me and Louis has or at least had a black sig other...even if she's cool with it, you would think he would know it's mad disrespectful, but nope....dropping nbombs with the hard er for the lulz, and Chris is there to make it all ok.

You can see it in Jerry's expression.  He fucking knows that ain't right even as LCK and Gervais are letting it roll off their tongues.  That whole scene made my skin crawl.

13 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Also, had no idea Louis CK was with a black chick.

He was at least at one time....his entire act revolved around it....I really thought he was going to drop it then, but I don't think he did.

I do remember him saying so blatantly bigoted shit during the act, but he's a comedian....you so have to let some shit go as just a joke......but how ecstatic he and Grevais we're to use it once the ice was broken makes me feel like they couldn't wait to say it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4997646/will-smith-stripped-oscar-king-richard-serena-williams/amp/

so, I love how people are telling him how he should handle his shit… like days after, and people eat this shit up. 

for me? This validates what he did… good for him

Goddammit, I clicked before seeing it was The Sun. You suck, Sawdy!

• Haha 2

After searching, I have to guess the black wife was from a show, but now I need to find the bit again because it came off that he was actually in an interracial relationship.

I've never been a big fan of the guy...not because of the casual racism ...I just never found him as funny as others....hell, I'll sit though Patton Oswalt before Louis, so I may be remembering shit poorly, but that but always stick out as a thing that made me not seek out more of his stuff

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4997646/will-smith-stripped-oscar-king-richard-serena-williams/amp/

so, I love how people are telling him how he should handle his shit… like days after, and people eat this shit up. 

for me? This validates what he did… good for him

And she even conveniently has alopecia just so we all know she knows what she's talking about.

28 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

After searching, I have to guess the black wife was from a show, but now I need to find the bit again because it came off that he was actually in an interracial relationship.

I've never been a big fan of the guy...not because of the casual racism ...I just never found him as funny as others....hell, I'll sit though Patton Oswalt before Louis, so I may be remembering shit poorly, but that but always stick out as a thing that made me not seek out more of his stuff

I'm actually more disappointed that Ricky Gervais is doing it.  The guy has a decent reputation despite his biting humor... this just blows it up.  It's like Sorce said, now we all get to see all those holier than thou white dudes show their assess.

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Wow.  He lets Louis CK call him an N-word and laughs along with it?

God Damn. 

Louis CK didn't call him an N-word.

He uses the N-word in front of him.

There is a difference.

I don't like that he says the word, but I also don't like how you guys are characterizing him and Gervais.

This is a conversation among comedians and it's meant to entertain. Whether it does or not is another story, but i'm not going to make judgments on who they are as people because of it.

I would like to see that bit @André Toulon was talking about though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

The reality of the situation is that Will Smith didn't give a shit about the joke.

He just realized no one was watching the Oscars and said, "fuck this! People are going to watch me get my gold statue, goddamit!"

And he seized an opportunity.

Edited by Mix
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mix said:

Louis CK didn't call him an N-word.

He uses the N-word in front of him.

There is a difference.

I don't like that he says the word, but I also don't like how you guys are characterizing him and Gervais.

This is a conversation among comedians and it's meant to entertain. Whether it does or not is another story, but i'm not going to make judgments on who they are as people because of it.

I would like to see that bit @André Toulon was talking about though.

Bro.

Broooooooooo.

All they need was Jay Leno to compete that group.

Well, I forgot but I'm doing it now and I'm just gonna say I can't find it....all of his performances look exactly the same in thumbs, and like I said.....I just don't find him funny, so I'm not throwing too much of my premorning on him. 

I need to be more specific that Louis CK, black girlfriend but don't really know how to expand on it. Can't remember anything else of note from it, but I'm trying.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:44 AM, DragonSinger said:

Heres the last thing ill say about it as someone who has been doing stand up for four years. First of all this isnt a race issue. Will wasnt supposed to "play nice for the white folks" he was supposed to conduct himself like a professional. If he felt some type of way he could have pressed chris after. There are obvious double standards here. Ive heard comics (professional and local) rip on dudes for having no hair and nobody bats an eye. But one millionaire actress princess gets the same treatment and you really think the comic deserves to be physically attacked? Please never come to a comedy show. Chris Rock didnt do anything but there are plenty of comics who will. This is why im trying to close this "we can attack comics that offend us now" door some people seem bent on opening because the fresh prince did it and mostly got away with it. It wont end well for anyone. At best youll just get kicked out. At worst youll get your shit rocked and go to fucking jail. Seriously lets be adults here. Walking up to someone in the middle of the show and doing a bunch of yelling after you land a weak ass smack in a setting where that type of shit isnt expected doesnt make you a man. Walking up on the dude man to man and confronting him about it and going from there does but its all good. Hes rich so he can assault people and its cool i guess lol idk.

I think youd be singing a completely different tune if it was your man that got smacked. Secondly lets not pretend that baldness is a fucking disability. Shes not in a wheelchair or handicapped in anyway. She cant grow her hair. Thats very sad but again dudes get that rip all the time and nobody gets smacked for it

Bottom line if you think running up on comics and popping them because you didnt like something they said is ok i really hope you dont pop the wrong one lol

6 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

I think youd be singing a completely different tune if it was your man that got smacked. Secondly lets not pretend that baldness is a fucking disability. Shes not in a wheelchair or handicapped in anyway. She cant grow her hair. Thats very sad but again dudes get that rip all the time and nobody gets smacked for it

......This is gonna be fun

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

Heres the last thing ill say about it as someone who has been doing stand up for four years. First of all this isnt a race issue. Will wasnt supposed to "play nice for the white folks" he was supposed to conduct himself like a professional. If he felt some type of way he could have pressed chris after. There are obvious double standards here. Ive heard comics (professional and local) rip on dudes for having no hair and nobody bats an eye. But one millionaire actress princess gets the same treatment and you really think the comic deserves to be physically attacked? Please never come to a comedy show. Chris Rock didnt do anything but there are plenty of comics who will. This is why im trying to close this "we can attack comics that offend us now" door some people seem bent on opening because the fresh prince did it and mostly got away with it. It wont end well for anyone. At best youll just get kicked out. At worst youll get your shit rocked and go to fucking jail. Seriously lets be adults here. Walking up to someone in the middle of the show and doing a bunch of yelling after you land a weak ass smack in a setting where that type of shit isnt expected doesnt make you a man. Walking up on the dude man to man and confronting him about it and going from there does but its all good. Hes rich so he can assault people and its cool i guess lol idk.

Bottom line if you think running up on comics and popping them because you didnt like something they said is ok i really hope you dont pop the wrong one lol

So what you’re saying is…. If a comic disses my man’s hair, I better taze the mother fucker after I clock him so he doesn’t pop me back?

But in all seriousness… that was the Academy Awards, not a comedy special.  Chris Rock has been treated with kid gloves because he was physically assaulted, but he wasn’t there to entertain - he was there to give a fucking award.  If will had simply heckled his worthless ass instead of striking him we wouldn’t have anything to talk about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

But in all seriousness… that was the Academy Awards, not a comedy special.  Chris Rock has been treated with kid gloves because he was physically assaulted, but he wasn’t there to entertain - he was there to give a fucking award.  If will had simply heckled his worthless ass instead of striking him we wouldn’t have anything to talk about.

It's not like Chris Rock has hosted the Oscars twice and roasted celebrities during his times as host or anything . . .