UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

39 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

lot of media blasting 'doomesday plane in nebraska air space'. 

look, unless i see that the prez. and vice prez. are being separated, the media can just stop. 

also, i had no idea that zelensky had the balls of a wooly mammoth. kudos to him. 

North Dakota airspace is currently calm.

Trust me, if real shit was happening, my apartment would be rattling from the massive flying assholes coming and going. Currently, domestic flights are on the light side [ it's a Wednesday so... ] but are still all on time and not being delayed or diverted to make room for military traffic. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Getting cold feet would suggest getting involved, which China is taking great pains to not.   

Who do you think is bankrolling this enterprise?

For that matter, the original UN statement had actual harsh language in it, until they all decided that China voting against it would look bad, so they watered it down to a more traditional milquetoast statement that China just abstained from. That is doing something on behalf of Russia, if China didn't care either way, they would have just abstained from the outset. Instead they held up and forced a moderation of tone in exchange for an abstention. China is very much helping Russia in this.

23 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

For that matter, the original UN statement had actual harsh language in it, until they all decided that China voting against it would look bad, so they watered it down to a more traditional milquetoast statement that China just abstained from. That is doing something on behalf of Russia, if China didn't care either way, they would have just abstained from the outset. Instead they held up and forced a moderation of tone in exchange for an abstention. China is very much helping Russia in this.

Get your conspiracy theory anti Asian bullshit out of here.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Now theres an image I didnt expect to be thinking about today.

A little levity never hurts. But every time the super massive carriers get active in the area, I immediately think of that line in the movie '2012' from Sasha the pilot trying to get the chonk carrier out of Vegas: 'Come on, lift your big butt for Sasha' . If they start roaring around here, everything rattles. And if it's more than one, all the rattles and something is really wrong because nothing empties the area out, not even air show crap.

There are no chonks flying over me right now. Helicopters have increased but they are also the main means of getting to the hospital from the rural areas in case of emergencies. There's been a number of accidents on the interstates around here because stupid people forget how to drive with every new snowflake. But no chonks. If there were, even if there's nothing in the news, there's something going on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I guess you're saying that because we already showed what Tim Pool said so we'd know you were just copying him if you said that.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

paging @Poof

I thought I responded to this my bad. That's nice he didn't spoil the olympics I guess. None of the things I've been saying is a secret or a conspiracy tho. And it's fine for them to be friends. Everybody needs a friend. I'm not calling them an axis of evil that we need to stop. I'm just saying what's going on. I think it's exactly fine that these countries want to band together to oppose our hegemony. You can't be an empire and expect to always get your way and not be challenged. I just hope we all eventually become friends and compete without killing one day.

• Like 1

Well thats more than a little disconcerting.  Putin called Macron to warn that things are going to get worse. You combine this with the news out of Russia of mass discontent among the Religious leaders, the protests, and now rumors of martial law and things are getting bad. There is talk of a new law being drafted where protestors would be conscripted and sent to the front lines.

Putin is being backed into a corner, and theres no way to know how someone as unstable as he is is going to react.

1 minute ago, Ginguy said:

I think it's more like "grab dissidents and initiate 'operation human shield'".

Probably but there are still so many ways this could go wrong.  

Apparently the martial law rumors are causing a mass exodus of people out of Russia, which is even harder with airspace closed and the ruble worthless.

8 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

That was my thought as well.  How dumb is it to give a rifle to someone who doesnt want to be there and is against the war? They get close enough to someone important and BAM, no more important person.

I don't think they need to go that far.  The army they have now is already poorly trained and under supported.

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Of course Nabs would latch on to the one dink who thinks America baited Russia into an invasion.

At least he didn’t  say he’s backing “Putin %100” like other fuckin people I know.  You can certainly place blame on NATO and corporate war machines if you believe that.  At least this person isn’t being a Putin apologist, but rather adding context they think is important while simultaneously shaming Putin for his actions 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

At least he didn’t  say he’s backing “Putin %100” like other fuckin people I know.  You can certainly place blame on NATO and corporate war machines if you believe that.  At least this person isn’t being a Putin apologist, but rather adding context they think is important while simultaneously shaming Putin for his actions 

The context is somewhat problematic, though.  It's predicated on somewhat unsubstantiated and imprecise declarations about how much our defense contractors are making while ignoring how little the former Eastern Bloc countries that gained membership are actually spending compared to either the United States or even Russia.  Making a casual connection can't be divorced from the results of that spending, which was mostly very underwhelming prior to the start of the conflict, and doing so has no direct bearing on the bigger issue of MIC spending, which is very much a problem for the US and an easy excuse if nonetheless valid for anyone interested in demonizing us.

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The context is somewhat problematic, though.  It's predicated on somewhat unsubstantiated and imprecise declarations about how much our defense contractors are making while ignoring how little the former Eastern Bloc countries that gained membership are actually spending compared to either the United States or even Russia.  Making a casual connection can't be divorced from the results of that spending, which was mostly very underwhelming prior to the start of the conflict, and doing so has no direct bearing on the bigger issue of MIC spending, which is very much a problem for the US and an easy excuse if nonetheless valid for anyone interested in demonizing us.

It’s not just based off of spending though and not just the US it’s based off an alleged agreement to not expand NATO beyond a certain point in Germany, and even that has been debated and if it’s not in writing then does it really count anyway?

I’m not saying I agree just saying that at least it wasn’t a blanked excuse for what’s going on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s not just based off of spending though and not just the US it’s based off an alleged agreement to not expand NATO beyond a certain point in Germany, and even that has been debated and if it’s not in writing then does it really count anyway?

I’m not saying I agree just saying that at least it wasn’t a blanked excuse for what’s going on.  

I get you.  I'm really just annoyed that a perfectly valid reason to be wary of the MIC is being shoehorned into an issue that doesn't apply.  But, yes, at least it does avoid giving Putin any validity while making its critical assessment and that isn't particularly easy.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 11:56 AM, Jman said:

The next targeted sanction against Russia - Their ability to troll CS Go players.  Hope no one there wanted to play Elden Ring.

I feel kinda conflicted about companies taking actions like this. Like... I get it. But, it also sorta just mostly hits the civilians, which are already protesting in droves. So, like, it's not something that's really going to hurt the country financially, nobody with any real power to do anything will be impacted. It's not like we can realistically say the citizens have any control over who is in charge.

What goal is being accomplished by companies taking these actions? Feels like too much of this sort of stuff could easily lead to developing a misguided sentiment of "Russia (and Russians) are bad." Feels too divisive when there seem to be a lot of stories coming out about how none of them really want this in the first place.

But, I guess maybe that's just the nature of sanctions and the like? Can't really hurt the people with the money and the power the as much as you need to without absolutely crushing everyone beneath them...

29 minutes ago, Jman said:

He is aware the fallout will likely blanket a good deal of Russia, right?  That’s insanity.

If the things that the Russian POWs are stating are true, they were told Ukraine had dirt roads & no electricity.  Putin doesn't give a rats ass about the soldiers or the Russian populace.  He wants to draw in the rest of Europe and the US, if he has to torch the world to do so.  I wonder what Xi is thinking about this right now?

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

Russians shelling Nuclear plant.

The asshole in the bunker is dead set on starting WWIII.

That's the Zaporizhzhia plant that my fan works at!! I still haven't been able to get in touch with him on skype. He hasn't logged on since the invasion started :( I even posted about him before:

On 1/29/2021 at 2:25 PM, Poof said:

9-B2-C6026-E510-4001-86-C6-AB422-E975399

Love live the mighty Ukraine !

He wanted to buy me a console, but I already had an xbox. And you guys said I shouldn't accept it since Ukraine is a really poor country so I didn't but I did chat with him occasionally since I still appreciated the gesture. He was so nice I hope he's ok :(

This isn't my first rodeo w/fans in warzones. Sometimes they disappear for a long time then make contact again eventually. But sometimes they just disappear :( 

• Sad 4