UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

1 minute ago, Top Gun said:

Real talk let's get Anonymous on hacking every Russian site they can and embedding Pussy Riot videos.

You know, if I were a hacker with that kind of ability, I'd really want to start every show with the opening from "The Outer Limits".

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour rest of your lives, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits THE TRUTH about your government and the war in Ukraine."

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Thats like $100 at this point right?

Serious bravery by her to do what she did though.  The war is not popular in Russia, and the massive economic pain they are starting to feel is going to really going to make the anti-war sentiment grow.

As of right now it’s $280.37.  If she waits a week it might be half that.

3 hours ago, Jman said:

It's actually up 42% since March 7th

Before the invasion, it was worth $0.01322

Our sanction announcements took it as low as $0.006605

Now it's almost worth a penny again at $0.009377

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Poof said:

It's actually up 42% since March 7th

Before the invasion, it was worth $0.01322

Our sanction announcements took it as low as $0.006605

Now it's almost worth a penny again at $0.009377

IIRC it’s because of Russia using temporary stopgaps to increase the price.  The problem is those stopgaps are just that…temporary.

I loled at the article because they want reparations for the sanctions the US had placed on Russia. 

i had to laugh because we don’t give reparations to people that fuckin deserve them.  Good luck trying to get them because your actions led to sanctions. Fuckin crazy land. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/15/politics/biden-us-officials-russia-sanctions/index.html

[thinking] "Well, it makes sense that they would target US government officials but I don't know how effective-"

the "stop list" also includes other non-governmental individuals, including the President's son, Hunter Biden, and former US presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Thats Bait Mad Max GIF - Thats Bait Mad Max Fury Road - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jman said:

That's just the worth in USD.  It's still 30K in Rubles, just like if the Dollar's worth suddenly fell, a fine of $1,000 is still $1,000 no matter the value of the dollar on the world market.

11 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

That's just the worth in USD.  It's still 30K in Rubles, just like if the Dollar's worth suddenly fell, a fine of $1,000 is still $1,000 no matter the value of the dollar on the world market.

If doesn't quite work like that when a currency devaluation event happens.  Those fines aren't entirely arbitrary: that 30,000 ruble fine might represent the same punitive cost for the defendant, but it doesn't cover the same costs incurred by the court.

Edited by scoobdog

8 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

I'm just posting this so I can make a joke about someone spilling water on her arm.

I want someone to do like South Park did with the Scientologists and put "This is what Marjorie Taylor Green actually believes" on the screen whenever she talks.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-general-killed-after-ukraine-intercepted-unsecured-call-nyt-2022-3?utm_source=reddit.com

The total amount of Russian generals killed in action rises to 4, which doesn’t sound like a lot, but generals should be nowhere near the front, especially in this day and age.  Apparently the destruction of Ukraine’s cell phone towers have forced communications via unencrypted lines (including walkie-talkies) that are easily intercepted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Anyone remember when Romney warned you about Russia....

You guys rejected the Romneys and Ron Pauls too tho

IMO both sides are fucking stupid for their idealism and rejection of reality

And as someone who's accused of being everything from leftist, conservative, centrist, etc, I'm sick of it and I don't even care if nobody listens to me and we all lose. I think everyone involved would deserve it.