UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

32 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Tucker Carlson is a nit wit.  Vladimir Putin is a fuckin murderous clown invading a sovereign nation. He’s murdered journalists and dissenters he’s held bogus elections. There’s a lot not to like. 

He's just a demagogue, telling the geriatrics what is most convenient at the time to think and believe. He knows what he's doing. The sad thing is many of his viewers were alive during McCarthyism and will eat this shit up. In other words, propaganda.

• Like 2

Well this is super. Its been 80 years since we saw something quite like this in Europe. Really hope that it stays contained, but I dont know if it will.  Putin has made it clear that he wants to reassemble the USSR, and some of those former soviet bloc nations are firmly in NATO.

More immediately, the DOW is crashing and Oil is now over $100 a barrel.  We need to start pumping our own oil again in a hurry so we can cut-off the Russian oil we buy and bring our own energy prices down.

11 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Sorry, I'm not enough of a bitch to prioritize my gas prices over a sovereign country being invaded by an all-time asshole.

It’s a tactical decision at this point. You could literally lose everything by Team Americaing Ukraine now. It’s too late. You would be rewarding Russia and hurting the rest of Europe if you committed to Ukraine now. North Korea already taught everyone that nukes are essential for real defense so it’s not like we have to defend the lie to the contrary anymore. We lost Ukraine a long time ago.

It is sad bc we could’ve. If we put troops in the way first then Putin couldn’t have done this but since he’s there first now we can’t.

Edited by Poof

1 hour ago, bnmjy said:

He's just a demagogue, telling the geriatrics what is most convenient at the time to think and believe. He knows what he's doing. The sad thing is many of his viewers were alive during McCarthyism and will eat this shit up. In other words, propaganda.

This invasion has been planned for a long time with an attempted shift of making Putin the good guy and Ukraine the bad guys. We had a previous administration praising Putin and casting suspicion on the Ukraine with the “Hunter Biden is in bed with Ukraine” shit to make it easier for Americans to swallow the loss of civilian lives.  Enter Tucker Carlson with his brain dead hot takes with “Putin isn’t the enemy the left is cuz they name call and gas is almost $5 a gallon” and a whole lot of “fuck this shit I can’t pay that at the pump, fuck them dead people millions of miles away” are born.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Biden is going to speak in roughly an hour. Hes been talking to G7 leaders and NATO this morning.

We're going to launch a ton of sanctions against Russia. Thats really all we can do. We cant go to war with Russia because thats Game Over. A lot of Putins power comes from the oligarchs that are happy with him. If our sanctions start to cripple those around Putin then the pressure would grow on his ouster.

The real question is if we expel Russia from SWIFT.  That would absolutely cripple Russia and all of the oligarchs that Putin depends on. If Russia is expelled from SWIFT then they would basically become a hermit nation, but without the ability to sustain that.  Their economy is smaller than Texas and is almost entirely dependent on petro-exports.

So our sanctions are going to totally freeze Russian assets, both private and from state-owned companies, in the US and EU. We are also limiting, or outright banning, the export of high-tech products into Russia. The full list of sanctions will come out later.

We are also sending more troops to Eastern NATO countries to help solidify their borders.

1-Es4k2ezbtp6-X5-r-j-I-Kg.png

to the nice reporter at the end, i had india as mixed relations. A lot of AK47s there.

Would anyone change the above graphic? What do I have wrong? I just edited it singapore was supposed to be neutral and fixed mexico

Edited by Poof

The real question is what will happen when China is found to be doing business with sanctioned entities.

As much as Putin wants to rebuild the Soviet Union, the Baltic States are NATO members. All three Baltic States and Poland have launched NATO article IV consultations regarding their security.

22 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Biden reiterated that Putin is trying to rebuild the USSR and has his eyes on all former soviet states.

Thats the bigger fear. Its not that hes going to stop with the Ukraine, its that hes eyeing all former soviet states as potential invasion targets.

That's a long objective. Invasion will work in ukraine and moldova simply bc circumstances allow it to. Belarus is already on his side. He can't invade scandinavia. He could and probably will push alittle more into central asia but hes limited there already too.

Building sympathetic markets out of africa/central asia and winning the influence battle in india are more effective long term goals for the eastern block than a land war into europe.

23 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

The real question is what will happen when China is found to be doing business with sanctioned entities.

As much as Putin wants to rebuild the Soviet Union, the Baltic States are NATO members. All three Baltic States and Poland have launched NATO article IV consultations regarding their security.

China doesn't need to do business with anybody in Russia.

29 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Basically as china does that we give the ukrainians bigger guns in proportion to that but the nuances of the realities of proxy wars is yucky for press events and the specific actions get into classified things which is why you heard "no comment" today. None of it is really a secret tho. It's just polite not to speak about it

7 minutes ago, Poof said:

That's a long objective. Invasion will work in ukraine and moldova simply bc circumstances allow it to. Belarus is already on his side. He can't invade scandinavia. He could and probably will push alittle more into central asia but hes limited there already too.

Building sympathetic markets out of africa/central asia and winning the influence battle in india are more effective long term goals for the eastern block than a land war into europe.

The real question I think is what he does with nations like Latvia and Lithuania. Both are former soviet states, and both are in NATO.  Any move against them would absolutely trigger Article V.

I have no doubt that hes going to keep pushing as far as he can. Once he takes Ukraine hes going to set his eyes on the nexdt nation to conquer. Its just a question of where does he look.

Huge news if this is true.  Earlier reports (just repeating what I heard here) were that Russia planned to use this airport to fly in mass numbers of troops and armor to try and quickly take Kyiv.

Ukraine could sabotage the airfield as a way to seriously hamper the planned attack by Russia.  They could completely destroy the airfield and make it totally unusable. Its a Scorched Earth tactic, but it could be hugely important to slow down the Russian invasion.

1 minute ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The real question I think is what he does with nations like Latvia and Lithuania. Both are former soviet states, and both are in NATO.  Any move against them would absolutely trigger Article V.

I have no doubt that hes going to keep pushing as far as he can. Once he takes Ukraine hes going to set his eyes on the nexdt nation to conquer. Its just a question of where does he look.

He can only cyber, sow unrest, and terrorism. He can't invade there and you answered it yourself, bc they're NATO.

Attacking ukraine now is economics and symbolic. He's not hitler and he doesn't want to be.

1 minute ago, Poof said:

China has already has a lock in Africa, and its outsized influence in Central Asia means that Russia has little to no inroads in that direction.  Make no mistake, Russia is a comparatively weaker partner when it comes to China at least in the near term, and China has absolutely no interest in being a part of bloc with Russia or its European allies.

2 minutes ago, Poof said:

He can only cyber, sow unrest, and terrorism. He can't invade there and you answered it yourself, bc they're NATO.

Attacking ukraine now is economics and symbolic. He's not hitler and he doesn't want to be.

IF he does launch a cyber war on those nations I think that would also trigger Article V.

Biden was apparently given some options for our own cyber war that we could launch against Russia. I was reading about the leaked options earlier and they are pretty robust. No idea if anything was used.

I really do think Ukraine is just the first step.  He wants to rebuild the USSR and "Russian Empire" and he was angry way back in 2014 when the people there deposed his puppet, and he never forgave them for it.  Now hes out for revenge and is going to try and put another puppet in place. Once he gets a puppet here hes going to look for the next place to simply repeat the playbook.

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

China has already has a lock in Africa, and its outsized influence in Central Asia means that Russia has little to no inroads in that direction.  Make no mistake, Russia is a comparatively weaker partner when it comes to China at least in the near term, and China has absolutely no interest in being a part of bloc with Russia or its European allies.

I would consider china, russia, iran, north korea more together than separate. They're fighting an asymmetrical cold war. They don't wanna appear together at all yet really. It's a very very long game. And they're not 100% on it themselves. You're right about africa tho. We really need to step up our africa game or it's going to be a difficult future.

20 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

IF he does launch a cyber war on those nations I think that would also trigger Article V.

Biden was apparently given some options for our own cyber war that we could launch against Russia. I was reading about the leaked options earlier and they are pretty robust. No idea if anything was used.

I really do think Ukraine is just the first step.  He wants to rebuild the USSR and "Russian Empire" and he was angry way back in 2014 when the people there deposed his puppet, and he never forgave them for it.  Now hes out for revenge and is going to try and put another puppet in place. Once he gets a puppet here hes going to look for the next place to simply repeat the playbook.

What we're both saying can both be true. After ukraine, moldova, then maybe the caucasus, then more into central asia wherever there's an opportunity. But these are smaller and smaller victories to claim. Still he might do it precisely for the reasons you listed. He can play renegade cold war general without actually invading europe. And he can kill a lot of innocent people unfortunately. But from a cold calculating viewpoint, it's small moves. And them being small moves is what will let him get away with murder.

Edited by Poof

2 minutes ago, Poof said:

What we're both saying can both be true. After ukraine, moldova, then maybe the caucus, then more into central asia wherever there's an opportunity. But these are smaller and smaller victories to claim. Still he might do it precisely for the reasons you listed. He can play renegade cold war general without actually invading europe. And he can kill a lot of innocent people unfortunately. But from a cold calculating viewpoint, it's small moves. And them being small moves is what will let him get away with murder.

I really hope we are both wrong, but I suspect we are both going to be right in the end. Like you said, hes going to take the small bites because no one is going to push back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poof said:

I would consider china, russia, iran, north korea more together than separate. They're fighting an asymmetrical cold war. They don't wanna appear together at all yet really. It's a very very long game. And they're not 100% on it themselves. You're right about africa tho. We really need to step up our africa game or it's going to be a difficult future.

Their political ideologies are asymmetrical too.  When you're talking a bloc, you're talking about countries with different administrations and goals but the same basic political orientation like say, Chavez's Venezuela and Castro's Cuba.  By comparison, NATO is comprised of countries that all share the same basic administrative, social, and economic structures in addition to their distasted for Mother Russia.  Russia, China, and Iran all have widely different social and political goals - they simply share a dislike for the West.  Meanwhile, North Korea is as much a threat to them as it is to us.

So, the long game is that such an alliance would exist when convenient and wouldn't involve the kind of sacrifice that mutual aid would entail.  Russia is more or less geopolitically isolated, Iran is fighting a virtual two-front war, and China needs neither of them to wield its influence and power.