UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

Had an insane thought - it might solve some of the issues if feasible.

The EU or Poland should declare war on Ukraine.

EDIT: Pretext for war - Ukraine forces on the Polish border fire a lone shell into an uninhabited area of Poland (act of war).

Here's how I picture it:  Let's say Poland declares war on Ukraine, and the EU/NATO agrees to assist them in conquering the country.  Poland and her allies/accomplices immediately move eastward across the border protecting refugees as they do so.  They promise Russia that they will not interfere with their troops provided Russia does not interfere with Poland's.  The Western troops move eastward as fast as they possibly can, with the intent to capture as much land before the Russians can get it (bloodless war) and protect it immediately with air cover. 

The alliance gets word to the Ukrainian forces that this is "for show" and they are free to join the Western allies.  If they can get to Kyiv and "capture" Zelenskyy and his ministers, they hold them until the establishment of "Нова Україна" (New Ukraine), which immediately applies for NATO membership and is accepted with all the normal protections of any NATO country.  Zelenskyy and his ministers are installed as a transitional government until democratic elections can occur (as if anyone else would win that election?).  

If Russia interferes, it will be met with "retaliation in kind".  If Eastern portions of Ukraine attack western forces, it is considered an act of war by Eastern Ukraine only (allowing the western forces to take more of Ukraine).  If Belarus does, the same applies.  If word of the approaching forces reach eastern forces, some are going to run for the hills considering their poor training, fuel and morale.

It won't solve the currently "lost" land, but if the eastern forces vacate any area, the western move in and annex it as part of New Ukraine immediately.

Edited by tsar4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tsar4 said:

that little girl was like 'um...you interupted our game' 

i love seeing this. and hearing how well the polish gov. is stepping up. 

• Like 2

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/us-ban-russian-oil-imports-rcna19119

"WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden announced Tuesday that the U.S. will target "the main artery of Russia's economy" by banning the import of Russian energy products.

"We're banning all imports of Russian oil and gas and energy," Biden said in remarks from the White House. "That means Russian oil will no longer be acceptable at U.S. ports and the American people will deal another powerful blow to Putin's war machine."

The president warned that the move would probably increase gas prices in the U.S., but that it was necessary to ramp up sanctions pressure on Russia's economy for its war on Ukraine

“Putin's war is already hurting American families at the gas pump," Biden said. "I’m going to do everything I can to minimize Putin's price hike here at home.”

Biden's language clearly anticipates a concerted Republican effort to blame him directly for the rise in gas prices, which hit a record in the U.S. on Tuesday. With gas prices certain to become a huge political issue in this year's midterm elections, Biden devoted much of his remarks to focusing American anger directly on Putin, while also encouraging U.S. energy companies to produce more domestic oil."

So, good for not buying Russian oil, that will actually hurt Putin. China seems to be willing to step in to fill the void, as is India, but it is a concrete step. Bad for planning to go to Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and Iran for oil when we can just drill for our own instead of giving money to countries which hate us, actively help people fly planes into our buildings or would 100% nuke us if they could.

Also, the gas price hikes are a result of Biden foolishly reversing US energy policy which had us as a net exporter of energy. The price hikes and inflation have nothing to do with Putin's war and everything to do with Biden's failed policies, which are just a retread of Obama's failed policies in large part because the same people who came up with the failed policies of the Obama regime are now back in the Biden totally legit* regime.

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 2

God forbid my fat greedy countrymen who buy land yachts they don't need in the least that get all of 12 MPG have to come to terms with the inevitable consequences of their decisions. If we'd properly invested in renewables over the last couple of decades this wouldn't even be an issue.

Edited by Top Gun
  • Like 3

At this point mass adoption of EV’s is probably going to be a thing.  If they could pass some tax credits at state levels it would help immensely. 

Seriously, if you have stock in EV producing companies, hold onto it.  The stock prices will go through the roof in the next month or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ginguy said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/us-ban-russian-oil-imports-rcna19119

"WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden announced Tuesday that the U.S. will target "the main artery of Russia's economy" by banning the import of Russian energy products.

"We're banning all imports of Russian oil and gas and energy," Biden said in remarks from the White House. "That means Russian oil will no longer be acceptable at U.S. ports and the American people will deal another powerful blow to Putin's war machine."

The president warned that the move would probably increase gas prices in the U.S., but that it was necessary to ramp up sanctions pressure on Russia's economy for its war on Ukraine

“Putin's war is already hurting American families at the gas pump," Biden said. "I’m going to do everything I can to minimize Putin's price hike here at home.”

Biden's language clearly anticipates a concerted Republican effort to blame him directly for the rise in gas prices, which hit a record in the U.S. on Tuesday. With gas prices certain to become a huge political issue in this year's midterm elections, Biden devoted much of his remarks to focusing American anger directly on Putin, while also encouraging U.S. energy companies to produce more domestic oil."

So, good for not buying Russian oil, that will actually hurt Putin. China seems to be willing to step in to fill the void, as is India, but it is a concrete step. Bad for planning to go to Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and Iran for oil when we can just drill for our own instead of giving money to countries which hate us, actively help people fly planes into our buildings or would 100% nuke us if they could.

Also, the gas price hikes are a result of Biden foolishly reversing US energy policy which had us as a net exporter of energy. The price hikes and inflation have nothing to do with Putin's war and everything to do with Biden's failed policies, which are just a retread of Obama's failed policies in large part because the same people who came up with the failed policies of the Obama regime are now back in the Biden totally legit* regime.

Because you didn't read it the first time:

On 3/4/2022 at 3:56 PM, scoobdog said:

Here's a primer for you, sport.  Yes, I know it's CNN, but it's just a collection of the relevant data.

The key takeaway from this is that the United States is in a position where it can legislate not purchasing Russian oil on its own with no appreciable affect, but it risks crashing the entire market if it start sanctioning that oil.  The key difference is that once sanctions are in place, other countries will have to avoid purchasing Russian oil so as to not somehow run afoul of those sanctions (either by the US or by any of its allies that follows suit) and there isn't enough oil in the global markets to offset the loss of Russia.  As the article points out, we are still the world leader in oil production and the two biggest sources we import from are our North American neighbors - we are already "energy independent" in the sense that our source of oil isn't dependent on major overseas suppliers.  Conversely, sanctions would also most likely disproportionately affect our European friends because, while the cost would skyrocket for us, we wouldn't be dealing with a supply crunch. 

I think we can all agree the ban is more symbolic than anything and, unfortunately, is most likely a pretext for emergency building in our own oil infrastructure.  The market forces driving up the cost of oil were already there before the ban was officially announced.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

I bought my car a couple of years ago, and I don't regret it because I love it, but I'm also fairly sure that it will be the first and last non-electric car I ever buy.

same. was just thinking this today. 

my car held 50$. gas is @4.19$ here. some places i'm seeing over 6$. 

it's an encore. 

35$ was the fillup price. 

• Like 2

And this is why I fully expect that shift over.

Hell, Dodge, king of the gas guzzling muscle car, is switching to electric cars with the same styling as their muscle series.  All we need now are EV 18 wheelers and the transformation is complete.  I mean, I want a Challenger; but at this rate waiting till 2024 is probably the smarter option.

Edited by Jman

Just a general reminder that 'covert' racisms and QAnon-driven conspiracy bullshit will not be tolerated in Rants no matter how much you think it's snuck in topically. If you take it to DF, you will get filleted. And Toonami / Anime will report anything stupid. 

All posts have only been left in because of replies made to the topic on topic and because sometimes stupid needs to be left up so there can't be any claims of 'never happened' by said party. 

You know exactly who you are and you know exactly what you did.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 1

So yeah, basically everything I guessed last week, which is "You get to keep a little Ukraine, as a treat" with the added "Also, totally not going to run roughshod over you if you stop your defensive campaign against us. totz."

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Seight said:

So yeah, basically everything I guessed last week, which is "You get to keep a little Ukraine, as a treat" with the added "Also, totally not going to run roughshod over you if you stop your defensive campaign against us. totz."

He’s bluffing hard and I think Ukrainians are pissed off enough at the damage to call him.  This might have worked had he not gone with the old Soviet rules of “bomb them all and let God sort them out.”

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Ginguy said:

This is the unintentionally funniest post I've read here in a long while. 

• Like 4

Stupid reporters asking Jen Psaki about why we can't give planes to ukraine as if we just don't want to.

One does not simply fly a fighter from a NATO country into a Russian warzone. Russia would just see it as an incoming NATO plane and they could take that as an attack / NATO entering the war.

Then the one guy was like "why not just drive it there?"

You ever try driving a plane down the street? Oh you don't see the challenge behind that? Right. True, it's not impossible to do. BUT have you ever tried driving a plane down the street without anyone noticing? So you'd have to drive the plane into Ukraine where russian intelligence couldve discovered its route already / be ready to pounce on it before you get it to a friendly air base within ukraine to take off from.

motherfuckers use your damn brains. If we can figure it out, we'll fucking do it. But it's not as easy as getting them other weapons. Just ask about something else.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Poof said:

Stupid reporters asking Jen Psaki about why we can't give planes to ukraine as if we just don't want to.

Also the added complexity that they aren't trained to fly the planes we have, so like Poland is contorting itself to come up with a way to send them their compatible planes (and backfill from us) while trying to get us to choreograph their dance for them so they're not technically directly sending Ukraine their planes.

• Thanks 5

The other thing that people seem to be totally missing about the transfer of jets is that Ukraine doesnt really need them. If you listen to all the intel agencies they all say that Ukraine still has a functional air force. Its just that they are all in range of Russian AA so they get shot down quickly.

All of the intel agencies are saying that the things that would be more useful for Ukraine are Manpads and Javelins. The war is turning into an insurgency, and those two weapons would continue to cause absolute chaos for the Russians. The smash and run tactics that the Ukrainians are really perfecting is whats going to cause damage.

Jets are big and splashy and make a huge public show, but those hand-held weapons are the ones that are going to have the biggest impact on the war.

14 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Interesting video I came across. Young Russians are asked about their feelings about Putin. Most hold him in a negative light or tread very carefully.

Things like this are one of the few times I'm thankful to be an American. I could call that Orange raccoon fucker all sorts of shit without being worried about getting snatched. I do follow some Russian artists online and all of them are practically praying Putin dies while referring to him as "That man" to dodge online searches from authorities.

• Like 6

On 3/8/2022 at 4:50 PM, scoobdog said:

Because you didn't read it the first time:

I think we can all agree the ban is more symbolic than anything and, unfortunately, is most likely a pretext for emergency building in our own oil infrastructure.  The market forces driving up the cost of oil were already there before the ban was officially announced.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:27 PM, Ginguy said:

So, maybe next time read what was actually posted instead of what you imagined was posted.

Go back to being energy independent = we don't need to import any oil to meet our needs.

I didn't say sanction Russian oil. I said we shouldn't buy Russian oil at the tune of 77 million dollars/day and should instead just use our own oil, or electric cars, or hybrids, or public transportation.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ginguy said:

Also, the gas price hikes are a result of Biden foolishly reversing US energy policy which had us as a net exporter of energy. The price hikes and inflation have nothing to do with Putin's war and everything to do with Biden's failed policies,

• D'oh 1

A Ukrainian mother is apologizing to the Ukrainian People.  Her son is a pilot for the Russian Naval Regiment that bombed either in or around the town she lives in prior to being shot down & captured.  She found out via Ukrainian News.

"I am Elena Yurievna Golovinskaya. I live in the city of Kremenchuk, Poltava region.

My own son Golovinsky Alexey Sergeevich has been serving in the military as a pilot in the Naval Aviation Regiment of the Russian Federation which is deployed on the territory of Crimea occupied by the Russian Federation, in the city of Saki.

On March 5, 2022, following the criminal orders of the command of the Russian army, [my son] on the Su-30SM aircraft flew out to the Mykolaiv region where he was shot down by Ukrainian air defense and was captured [as a prisoner of war].

We have learned about this from the media looking through a report about the downed pilots over Mykolaiv.

I was overwhelmed with pain and shame for my son.

We repeatedly heard the terrible howl of air raid sirens in Kremenchuk and it was hard for me to understand my son how it was possible to carry out the criminal order of the commander for the bombing of Ukraine.

Naturally [as a mother], I'm worried about my son.

He was downed and captured, but thank God he survived.

I apologize to the Ukrainian people, I apologize for my son and for myself, that I could not raise a normal decent person."

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

A Ukrainian mother is apologizing to the Ukrainian People.  Her son is a pilot for the Russian Naval Regiment that bombed either in or around the town she lives in prior to being shot down & captured.  She found out via Ukrainian News.

it sounds like he was trying to bomb her specifically and Idk if I really blame him she sounds like a bitch

Just now, scoobdog said:

I don’t know if the mother is shaming him as much as pointing out that Putin is using Ukrainians to murder Ukrainians.  There is no way to truly comprehend the kind of horror that entails, it how a mother deals with it.

Not only that, but considering the level of fetus being conscripted into this, they likely don't have very many options once in the Russian army. If he hadn't been shot down by Ukrainians he probably would have been blasted out of the sky by a fellow Russian soldier for not bombing Ukrainians. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Not only that, but considering the level of fetus being conscripted into this, they likely don't have very many options once in the Russian army. If he hadn't been shot down by Ukrainians he probably would have been blasted out of the sky by a fellow Russian soldier for not bombing Ukrainians. 

Low level soldiers, even pilots, are frequently pawns in these situations.  Who knows what he would have done if, before deploying, he knew he was invading his home country instead of doing "exercises" nearby? Even if he suspected what was going to happen, there isn't much he could do by way of disobeying an order that didn't ostensibly meet the level of a international war crime.  On top of that, the mother is herself in a no-win situation... she doesn't have the ability to disown her son for doing something he has no control over, but that something just happens to be unjustifiable by any means.

This is exactly why the US and NATO are so hell-bent on avoiding a world war.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Unconfirmed reports that Iran just launched a missile strike on our base in Erbil.

Soooo.......yeaaaaa........

This is apparently a revenge strike over Israel killing IRGC officers.

Also, interestingly enough, there were no casualties.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Man I love when people post things like this that are objectively terrible to read in Twitter's shitty format.

Really fascinating stuff when you slog through it though. What's been most incredible about this whole thing is how grossly incompetent it's been from top to bottom.

Edited by Top Gun
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Man I love when people post things like this that are objectively terrible to read in Twitter's shitty format.

Really fascinating stuff when you slog through it though. What's been most incredible about this whole thing is how grossly incompetent it's been from top to bottom.

I think the whole thing could have been a series of Dilbert comics, with the writer as Dilbert & Putin as the pointy-haired boss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1